Rumored Changes to G+

I'm always raising an eyebrow at all the kvetching about 7:00am as if it is some just ungodly hour. Sure, it's a bit earlier than I prefer to get up on days I want to sleep in, but it's nothing crazy. I suspect there's often a degree of feigned indignation on the part of those who simply miss FP+ and want to find fault with G+.
7 am is nothing on nights I go to bed at 9 pm like a normal weeknight... but it is not equivalent to what 7 am feels like after you get back to your hotel room at midnight, with three overtired kids, after walking 25,000+ steps all day and finally hit the pillow by 1 am.

I'm always raising an eyebrow at all the kvetching about 7:00am as if it is some just ungodly hour. Sure, it's a bit earlier than I prefer to get up on days I want to sleep in, but it's nothing crazy. I suspect there's often a degree of feigned indignation on the part of those who simply miss FP+ and want to find fault with G+.
No feigned indignation here. With an older daughter who doesn't prefer to get up early and rope drop, we usually arrive at the parks after noon and stay at the parks as late as we can with evening magic hours, etc. So we go to bed late, and I have a health condition which makes it very difficult to go back to sleep once I'm up in the morning. The 7am aspect is one thing about Genie+ that I really dislike. And coming from CST, it feels like 6am to me, especially the first few days. I understand some people can just roll over and go back to sleep, but unfortunately, I'm not one of those people, and I'd like to get a little more sleep on vacation.

I do enjoy the stacking aspect of Genie+ as someone who arrives late to the parks.

I realize Disney doesn't have to cater to my preferences, and I realize that I don't HAVE to get up at 7am. Sometimes I don't depending on what park we're going to. But I want to set up our days the best I can to do the things we want to do.

7 am is nothing on nights I go to bed at 9 pm like a normal weeknight... but it is not equivalent to what 7 am feels like after you get back to your hotel room at midnight, with three overtired kids, after walking 25,000+ steps all day and finally hit the pillow by 1 am.

I will absolutely never be an evening Disney person. I'm done by 5pm.

Just as you are a morning person, we will never know rope drop because we are not in the parks until mid to late morning and stay late. We love fireworks and late nights.
I can’t understand why the 7am timeframe can’t be changed to happen at 6pm the night before. Why force everyone to get up early whether they want to or not. Right now, only the early birds like the 7am same day timeframe.

Just as you are a morning person, we will never know rope drop because we are not in the parks until mid to late morning and stay late. We love fireworks and late nights.
I can’t understand why the 7am timeframe can’t be changed to happen at 6pm the night before. Why force everyone to get up early whether they want to or not. Right now, only the early birds like the 7am same day timeframe.

And for me, I'm a morning AND evening person - ROPE DROP to CLOSE, baby! In October, I was at Disneyland for 18 hours on two different days! Man, I miss those late-night EMH at MK.

Then people will complain that they have to stop mid ride, mid dinner, mid pool time, etc to stop and make their G+ for the next day while they’re still living for that day.

They will never make everyone happy.

Then people will complain that they have to stop mid ride, mid dinner, mid pool time, etc to stop and make their G+ for the next day while they’re still living for that day.

That is true, but that's also already what happens at the 2-hour mark. Genie+ has a lot of good about it, but setting a timer for 2 hours that goes off while I am trying to enjoy a show or while riding Rise of the Resistance really kills the mood of the moment.

This brings us back to argument "why make people book them while on their vacation at all? Why not return to an advanced booking model, so people can relax on their vacation?"

This brings us back to argument "why make people book them while on their vacation at all? Why not return to an advanced booking model, so people can relax on their vacation?"

Then people will complain that they don’t know what they want to do that far ahead. And availability will be so low that if you decide to change parks and cancel your rides you most likely won’t be able to get those tier 1 rides another day.

The circle continues.

Not everyone is a “morning person” so choosing your first LL at 7a every day of vacation is problematic for them. I would like it if you could choose your first LL and possibly one ILL sometime in the evening before….just for that first LL just like you can do at 7a now. Then the rest of Genie+ stays the same for getting/stacking the next ones once the park opens.
or a week in advance for your entire trip? that way get up once while not on vacation

Then people will complain that they don’t know what they want to do that far ahead. And availability will be so low that if you decide to change parks and cancel your rides you most likely won’t be able to get those tier 1 rides another day.

The circle continues.
While it's true that some people will complain about everything, Disney's mission is to choose the method that will result in the least amount of complaints / greatest guest satisfaction.

We shall see what they choose.

No system will make everyone happy. No matter what skip the line product Disney has a good percentage will dislike it and complain.

I actually like G+ and got way more rides out of it than I ever did with FP+. I personally don’t mind getting up at 7 am since I’m usually up at 5 am so 7 am is sleeping in for me. I’m also a morning person.

Booking ahead will eat up availability and will be in the same spot as FP+. One thing I really disliked about FP+ was the tier 1 rides (FOP, TT, SDD etc) and if you wanted to switch your parks around you were basically giving up those FP+. And having to book at least a 6 day trip to get some of these FP+. I remember FOP often times not being available the first 4-5 days of lots of trips.

G+ leaves room to be spontaneous that FP+ didn’t allow for us. I can get up and decide to go to AK instead of MK and purchase G+, (or not) book my rides and go.
AGree 100% with this......And i was a MAJOR FP+ lover and despised Genie+ when it first came out.....I love it now........If they just got rid of the 7am thing it would be perfect in my opinion

We dont get out of bed until 9am-10am usually on vacation so 7am stinks, bad.........We usually hit pool at 11am, head up to room for late lunch around 2:30pm and then shower and go out for the night and close the parks....

So 7am is a real pain for us.....If we could do it a week before our trip, for the length of our stay, it would be a gamechanger........I dont know why that would be an issue

We dont get out of bed until 9am-10am usually on vacation so 7am stinks, bad.........We usually hit pool at 11am, head up to room for late lunch around 2:30pm and then shower and go out for the night and close the parks....

So 7am is a real pain for us.....If we could do it a week before our trip, for the length of our stay, it would be a gamechanger........I dont know why that would be an issue
Why in your situation would you be aiming for 7am anyway? Most G+ available at 7am are for times well before you’re in the park.

While it's true that some people will complain about everything, Disney's mission is to choose the method that will result in the least amount of complaints / greatest guest satisfaction.

We shall see what they choose.

Yup. No matter what system they use there will be a group of people that’ll be unhappy. Disney has to find a sweet spot.

Personally I wish they’d just pick a system and stick with it. The constant changes annoy me more than anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter