Rumors about Fantasy

lundve

DIS Veteran
What’s the word on the street about whether or not the Fantasy is also going to continue 7 night sailings. I’m looking at spring break 2025 and it would be great to compare.

And unrelated I’m bummed that I didn’t see lighthouse point on any Treasure cruise…

What’s the word on the street about whether or not the Fantasy is also going to continue 7 night sailings. I’m looking at spring break 2025 and it would be great to compare.

And unrelated I’m bummed that I didn’t see lighthouse point on any Treasure cruise…
Disney is not going to have the new ships going to lighthouse point. It will make zero sense for disney to do that.

For LP you will need to sail out of Ft Lauderdale. Just a guess, but the Fantasy will remain at PC and will no longer do 7 night cruises.

I’m hoping they start mixing it up a bit more. Have the Fantasy go through the canal. Have her do some semi regular longer cruises. Try two ships in Europe.

I really hope they don’t just have her doing more of the same that we already have, at least not 100% of the time.

There is a rumour I've seen that the Fantasy will come to Europe summer 25 but it is just that. I really don't know if it will or not. The summer cruises in Europe have sold OK from what I've seen but a lot were discounted early so not sure 2 cruise ships being over here would be economical.

Please elaborate.
I don’t know what the previous poster was thinking, but my thought is that the new ships will attract guests just because they are new. These ships can go to Castaway Cay, or even no ports at all, and still get guests.

To drive guests to the older ships in the Caribbean/Bahamas, DCL needs to have new/unusual itineraries or new ports. Given the issues this year with getting good excursions in new/uncommon ports in Europe, it is easier to bring these ships to Lighthouse Point than to find other new ports.

I don’t know what the previous poster was thinking, but my thought is that the new ships will attract guests just because they are new. These ships can go to Castaway Cay, or even no ports at all, and still get guests.

To drive guests to the older ships in the Caribbean/Bahamas, DCL needs to have new/unusual itineraries or new ports. Given the issues this year with getting good excursions in new/uncommon ports in Europe, it is easier to bring these ships to Lighthouse Point than to find other new ports.
It almost feels like they don’t know how to deal with having so many ships and think they can just plod along with the same ports they always have. If they want to trial two ships in Europe then they need to plan further ahead. Other cruise lines don’t seem to have the same issues as the Dream has had with odd itineraries with smaller ports.

I think they’d do well mixing up the Dream/Fantasy if they stick to one europe ship per year, I wouldn’t book the Dream every year but I would likely alternate between the two.

It almost feels like they don’t know how to deal with having so many ships and think they can just plod along with the same ports they always have. If they want to trial two ships in Europe then they need to plan further ahead. Other cruise lines don’t seem to have the same issues as the Dream has had with odd itineraries with smaller ports.
I wonder if part of the challenge in Europe is competing with the lines that have been there longer. Disney may not get the first choice over lines like NCL and Princess which have multiple ships and long-established patterns.

For LP you will need to sail out of Ft Lauderdale. Just a guess, but the Fantasy will remain at PC and will no longer do 7 night cruises.
The fantasy is sailing out of PC next fall and going to LP. There are 3 shorter sailings in October that we are debating booking. All go to LP. Not sure if this is a permanent thing, or just a temporary thing.

It's absolutely what folk do. Speculation is fun. Eventually the new schedule will be out and we'll all know for sure.
Agree. I'm commenting more about people saying that Disney doesn't know what they are doing.

There is a rumour I've seen that the Fantasy will come to Europe summer 25 but it is just that. I really don't know if it will or not. The summer cruises in Europe have sold OK from what I've seen but a lot were discounted early so not sure 2 cruise ships being over here would be economical.
Two ships would sell just fine if they priced them more in line with the competition. If Royal and NCL can have multiple ships in Europe and sell them then so can DCL. The problem is Disney prices them 4 times higher than their competitors. In the end, DCL sells out its cruises with various discounts that bring it down to only two times more than its competitors. Don't worry DCL is not losing money in Europe.

Two ships would sell just fine if they priced them more in line with the competition. If Royal and NCL can have multiple ships in Europe and sell them then so can DCL. The problem is Disney prices them 4 times higher than their competitors. In the end, DCL sells out its cruises with various discounts that bring it down to only two times more than its competitors. Don't worry DCL is not losing money in Europe.

Completely true yes! I would also say the Southampton cruises this year have been very hard on all the CMs I feel as unfortunately the difference in culture between American's and Brits is a lot more apparent on a 4 night cruise from Southampton than it is on other cruises. I'm not sure how happy they would be to have two ships going through that.

Currently, she's heading back to Port Canaveral with Engine problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter