• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors that Disney is in negotiations to sell Star Wars back to George Lucas!

Wanda is my favorite Marvel female character though. So troubled and so complex. So much power your scared she will melt the world around you at any moment. A lot of good, but also a lot of bad. Awesome character in the comics too.
WandaVision was so good.

They made her into the best character in the MCU, and then promptly ruined her in Dr Strange.

WandaVision was so good.

They made her into the best character in the MCU, and then promptly ruined her in Dr Strange.
Ugggggghhhhh Multiverse of Madness made me so mad. They could have shown her trying to find versions of her sons who were calling out for her, instead they made her want to kidnap kids just because? I'm a mom and would do anything for my child - but not that.

Also, if you want to take issue with Galadriel not being flawed, take it up with Tolkien. She's supposed to be queen butt-kicker of Middle Earth.

Being a 130 lb weakling is NOT A FLAW. Flaws don't mean outward, physical strength only. Steve's about as lacking in flaws as a character can be - that's by design. Incorrect, incredibly flawed. He is out of touch with reality. He don't even know what people are talking about half the time. He's too idealistic, too trusting, too naive. He can't fly or shoot lightning out his hands are anything, he is substantially weaker than several others. You have lost your marbles.

Also, Carol got her butt kicked by Thanos - big time! Steve though? He could do that all day. Cap would easily beat Carol in a fight - because he's Captain America. I think that's pretty clear. You are insane, she would thump him one time into Outerspace and he would suffocate.

Carol's flaws are that she didn't look deeper at things, she tends to be a reactionary and brash, and her hair. 😉

Ugggggghhhhh Multiverse of Madness made me so mad. They could have shown her trying to find versions of her sons who were calling out for her, instead they made her want to kidnap kids just because? I'm a mom and would do anything for my child - but not that.
Stop the presses, we agree about something!

Or they could have at least retained some of the nuance they did such a good job of building in the series.

They seemed to just transform her into this unrepentant monster who was just set on kidnapping her own children from another universe, without a single care for whatever happened to anyone else or who she had to kill to make it happen.

I'm not sure how exactly I would have liked to have seen her portrayed as that movie's villain, but it certainly wasn't THAT.

Now Reva isn't flawed? She's nothing but flaws, a walking flaw, the very definition of flaws. Oh, wait, she's female. There it is I guess.
Overpowered, and borderline invincible for no apparent reason. How many times did she get a light saber stuck through her and survive?

Okay, so not not being able to fly and shoot energy beams is a flaw? I don't get it. Steve is trusting - but it's a good thing. he is the best of us and the best of the superheroes. He wins be virtue of being himself - he's a concept. It doesn't matter if he's not as strong. It's like Batman - he's just a normal guy, but he hangs with the Justice League and can 9 times out of 10 beat Superman when needed, and it's because he's Batman. No further explanation is necessary.

Overpowered, and borderline invincible for no apparent reason. How many times did she get a light saber stuck through her and survive?

You watched that fight with Vader, right? He was toying with her. He didn't even take her seriously. Her flaws were that she was driven and ambitious to a fault. It led to mistakes. Character flaws are NOT ABOUT HOW STRONG THEY ARE.

You watched that fight with Vader, right? He was toying with her. He didn't even take her seriously. Her flaws were that she was driven and ambitious to a fault. It led to mistakes. Character flaws are NOT ABOUT HOW STRONG THEY ARE.
Yeah I'm not really seeing it with Reva.

I mean, the entire series was goofy and poorly written, and she was included in that. But she was probably the most interesting character in it.

Yeah I'm not really seeing it with Reva.

I mean, the entire series was goofy and poorly written, and she was included in that. But she was probably the most interesting character in it.

I liked it, but I liek the goofy stuff anyway. Still, I loved when Reva fought Vader. He's like, "Girl, I'm not even gonna get out my lightsaber!" I'm not sure why she was surprised, but she was completely outclassed in every possible way. She only didn't die because Sith can use their hatred to keep them going. Vader likely knew that too - maybe he has use for her yet.

Just too forced for me. Seemed to always be able to do to perfect thing needed at the perfect moment to be where she needed to be at that perfect time. Always possessed the just perfect information at the perfect moment for her agenda. I think the actress is great, I think think the writers for entire show were hot garbage.

No issues what so ever with the actress Ms Ingram, but the character was really bad.

It’s pretty easy to drive a ton of interaction on here. Just simply disagree with the echo chamber of ideas on here about a topic. Really any topic, they will be calling you names in less than 5 pages.

Last edited:
I have no memory of whether people cheered or not.
Maybe they did cheer some, I don’t know. I liked the first movie a lot before Rian Johnson pooped the bed in the second movie. It may even be possible that I was pretty happy at the end of #7. I know this I have no plans to rewatch any of the ST movies. However each Christmas I will always watch episodes 1-6, or as I like to call them “Real Star Wars”. I still maintain that Disney and specifically Kathleen Kennedy have destroyed the biggest movie IP In cinematic history.

The only movie I know for sure that got an audible applause in the last several years in my Theatre was Top Gun. I think that was just people really happy being out of their house after a long lockdown. Maybe I just don’t live in an area where people applaud much.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter