Run Disney/Proposal Trip Report! Jan 2014

beachta1

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone,

I have loved reading so many TR and wanted to share my TR with all of you! This past January, my DB (well he was at the time!) and I headed to WDW to run the half marathon! We had been to WDW together in 2011, and had run a few races together. Of course running the race was my way of getting him on the trip, I just really wanted to make it back to the happiest place on earth!

I look forward to sharing my TR and engagement story with you!!

Tricia

Arrival Day:
Jon took the day off from work to run some last minute errands, I of course had to work. The weather was insanely cold; there were local schools that were closed because they did not want the kids outside. I was worried the weather would affect our flight, and of course.. it did.

Work was insane unfortunately. I had mail to get out and our internet and printer stopped working. I ran around the office on the phone with an IT company for awhile and finally they came to the office and fixed everything. I got my work done right at 4pm when Jon came to pick me up. We found out around 2pm or so that our flight was delayed from 6:55 to 9:40. Great, a three hour delay. We didn’t want to drive back home and didn’t want to miss the flight in case the time was moved up, so we decided just to head to the airport anyway.

From my office it is about an hour drive to the airport. We checked in and decided to grab a sit down dinner while we waited. We wandered around the airport for a bit and finally decided on a Mexican place. I had a burrito while Jon had a chicken sandwich. Since we were on vacation, we of course had to have a beer! We both enjoyed a corona light. After dinner we wandered back to our gate, only to find out it had been moved right near where we ate dinner. We found a spot that had seats next to power strips to connect to the internet and charge up.

We found out from the gate attendant that our plane was coming from Louisville, so we went online and tracked it. Thankfully the crew for our flight was already about BWI and we didn’t have to worry about the flight being cancelled because the attendants had worked too many hours. Thankfully we boarded around 930 and took off around 10pm. My xanex had kicked in around take off so I was basically good to go! I’m actually surprised I didn’t fall asleep.

The plane was about ¾ full. Jon and I got a seat about 3/4 of the way back. No one sat in our aisle so I got the aisle seat and Jon took the window seat. I’m not a big fan of flying and so it was nice to have some space and to zone out. Southwest now has free TV and you can watch from gate to gate which was awesome. I enjoyed a great episode of SVU while Jon read his book.

We finally landed around midnight!! Our bags came out right away and then it took us awhile to find the Disney express area. Our luggage pick up was across the airport so it was a long walk to the bus. Once we got to MDE we had a chance to scan our magic bands for the first time- and they worked!!

We waited about 10 minutes and then we got on the bus.

We were sharing with the All Star resorts and the bus played Cars.

Of course CSR was the last stop. There was only one other family on the bus to CSR so check in was a breeze. At check in they gave us a packet of information, asked us some questions, and gave us some room only key to the world cards. The woman behind the desk told me that they should only be used as a back up to get into our room if they band doesn’t work. We said OK but I was excited to see if they would work for FP on top of the FPP we had. The cast member also called down for our groceries from garden grocer! The CM who arrived via golf cart with the groceries also drove us to our room. We were in Cabanas 9A, which is close to the main building and we’re close to bus stop number 4. We unpacked a little and were asleep by 3am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter