Rather Sail Away with Mickey than Run Now
Run Now! It’s Wine 0’Clock in WDW…
Cupcakes Gone W&D

1 intro1.JPG

The sun is hot and these old GARMINs are movin' slow,
An' so are we.
WAITING FOR A DISNEY TRIP passes like molasses in wintertime,
But LESS THAN A YEAR.
We’re RUNNIN' by the hour, an' the distance is LONGER by the mile.
GALLOWAY just pushed me over the limit.
We’d like to call him somethin’;
We think we’ll just call it a RUN.

Pour us somethin' tall an' strong,
Add a CUPCAKE or two before we go insane.
It's only half-past twelve but WE don't care.
It's WINE o'clock in WDW.

Oh, this PRE-TRIP REPORT is gonna take all year,
An' so is the TRAINING.
COME NEXT NOVEMBER', We know there'll be FUN and PAIN,
Hey, but that's all right.
We ain't had a GIRLS TRIP now in over a year.
Our WINE & DINE GET-AWAY is gonna start right here.
Cover the carpools for us,
Tell our families we just RAN away.

Pour us somethin' tall an' strong,
Add a CUPCAKE or two’ before we go insane.
It's only half-past twelve but WE don't care.
It's WINE o'clock in WDW.

We can plan our flights, book our rooms,
An' be back to RUNNING before two.
At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder...
What would JEFF GALLOWAY do?

Funny you should ask that because He’d say…
RUN me a HALF MARATHON FAST an' strong,
Make it an INERVAL before YOU FADE AWAY.
It's only 15/30 but WE don't care.

What corral are we in? What is our time?
It doesn't matter, it's WINE o'clock in WDW.
It's always on wine in WDW, come to think of it.

Now that this song is firmly stuck in your head…let’s start planning another “Cupcake” Running Trip! In case you missed the first trip you can find links to both the PTR and TR in my signature below! Not wanting to disappoint any loyal readers/followers/lurkers we will still be

1 intro2.JPG

Instead of a cupcake crawl this time to celebrate the completed half marathon…we are going on a COCKTAIL CRAWL!

1 intro3.jpg

So raise your glass to friendships, running, cupcakes, cocktails and Girls Only Trip to WDW!

1 intro4.png

General Trip Overview

Dates:
November 3-9: Tammie, Debra, Amy H, Buffy
November 4-7: Kafi
November 4-9: Tweedles

Resort:
POFQ (November 3) Tammie, Debra, Buffy
Beach Club Villas (November 4-9) Tammie, Debra, Amy H, Buffy
Boardwalk Inn (November 4-7) Kafi & Cousin
SSprings: Tweedles

Who:
Tammie, Debra, Amy H, Buffy, Kafi, Gretchen, Jan, the Tweedles (Karen & Nicole), Melissa, Betsy, Brandy & mom, Amy T, Jennifer C

Last edited:
Cast of Characters: Bring on the “Cupcakes”

3 CC1.JPG

Almost 2 years ago, the PTR that I was writing ended up starting a running group, called "In Pursuit of Cupcakes,” aka the Cupcakes, whose race fuels of choice include cupcakes, cocktails and a crap load of pixie dust.

3 CC2.jpg 3 CC4.jpg

A Cupcake looks at a race as an experience, supportive/accepting of each other, and of course must love cupcakes, cocktails and Disney. We all agree that the actual running part at times may not be much fun, but it is those who you surround yourself with and where you are running that makes the experience like a cupcake, pure enjoyment. To a Cupcake, it’s about doing your best and accomplishing your goals, while at the same experiencing the magic around you. It’s about reaching the finish line, not so much the finish time.

Each Cupcake is an amazing lady… while we had never met in person until PHM; these ladies have become my VRDBFFs (Virtual Running Disney Best Friends Forever). We had so much fun together BEFORE EVEN we ran the PHM that we decided that we would do it all over again at W&D15!

I am not sure who is going to get to come along, as life likes to get in the way of plans! Just ask Cammy…

3 CC6.jpg

My number one cheerleader and supporter is going to have to sit this one out…because she has a little cupcake or studmuffin in the oven due to make his/her appearance late March.

I do know that Debra & Kafi will no longer be flat!

3 CC7.JPG

And “Stepsista” Amy H. will be wining and dining with me (we already have our costume planned)!

2 ccrun4.JPG

Along with real-life cousin Buffy (who knew that when you start a PTR that you would end up finding a distant relative you never knew you had)…

3CC8.JPG

And no RunDisney event is complete without the lady that got me started, Betsy

3 CC10.jpg

Plus the RunDisney Queen (and overall run beast and my idol), Carol…

3 CC9.jpg

Hopefully the Tweedles (Nicole & Karen), the duo of Gretchen and Jan, Kendrea, Brandy and her mom, Amy T, Sandi, Laura, Melissa, Jennifer C...and whomever else decides to join in.

3CC5.JPG

And there is ALWAYS room for MORE Cupcakes in the box! Just jump right in by posting a cast of character introduction (that is how we all got together in the first place) and you can become a Cupcake and join us as we drink and eat our way through Wine & Dine!

Last edited:

Cast of Characters: Tammie

I am Tammie, the self-appointed organizer & narrator of this Cupcake Master Plan, taken from each Cupcake’s own personal plan…whew! With so many Cupcakes in our box it ain’t easy. BUT I LOVE TO PLAN AND DREAM! Most of these plans will be seen through my one eye…I am totally selfie challenged if you ask the rest of the Cupcakes! So who am I?

4 ME1.JPG

I am a 40 something (getting closer to that 50 mark but that is the next PTR) Disney Queen…except when I am guzzling chocolate at Via Napoli

4 ME2.JPG

Or when a Lapu Lapu is spraying from my mouth.

4 ME3.JPG

Most importantly though I am a wife and mother of 3, who get left behind at home during my RunDisney Cupcake trips…I know bad mom, but really a good mom because these little breaks from reality assure I am a little less grumpy than I would be if I had not gotten away (plus the fact that DH goes on his boy’s only hunting and fishing trips more times than I can count). I work in education, in a position that I like to call between a rock and a hard place. I love to scrapbook & take pictures (although I do neither as well as the Tweedles) and I hope that we can relive our first Cupcake trip with completed pages posted here…my goal is to finish that album before we met again. I am also a self-proclaimed foodie and can’t wait for my 2nd go around at F&W, so much to eat and drink and so little time. To me this trip will be totally about relaxing, enjoying, eating, drinking, and oh yes, running.

4 ME4.jpg

My favorite Disney leading man is Killian Jones, sigh (those that follow me knew he was bound to pop up in and I am sure this will not be the last time you see him). I would like to request a slightly older version of Captain Hook because I do not have enough patience to train another man in my life! Now with my DD off to college it’s just my 3 boys and myself at home (yes, I consider my DH one of my boys and most of the time he is worse than our sons).

4 ME5.JPG

The Mickey Mousse Cupcake at the POLY has to be my favorite Disney World Cupcake, but a close second would be the Master’s Cupcake at BOG! Although, just about any cupcake you offer me will be welcomed, okay maybe not the Chocolate toothpaste, right Kendra?

4 ME6.jpg

As for cocktails found at Disney World, my favorite has to be the Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush that I had on my first RunDisney Trip to ToT in 2013…Grey Goose Vodka, Grand Marnier, and Cranberry juice! I am hoping it will be back this trip! But if you followed the last TR you found that Cupcakes totally like to sip on just about any beverage with alcohol…and some without, err the chocolate syrup at Via Napoli. I plan on making it 5 o’clock Friday in this PTR so we can start planning our drinking! Yep, we all be talkers, but in reality we Cupcakes all be mediocre action when it comes to drinking…well some of us are anyway!

4 ME7.JPG

4 ME8.JPG

4 ME9.jpeg

My favorite rides; you mean I have to pick 1? Not happening so I will pick 3…EE (the record is 4 rides in a row so we have to beat it this time and are planning at least 2 days to attempt this feat), ToT and RnRC (Debra and Amy H love thrill rides too, thank goodness).

4 ME10.JPG

My favorite Disney “show”…I am a total Wishes girl and you can bet that very night I can possibly get to the hub you will find me there, although Debra has promised me one night of a different view that she loves! I am so looking forward to seeing Cinderella’s Castle all covered in lights again…my favorite view in all of WDW! My goal though for this trip is to actually sit and watch a Disney parade as it seems like I only catch part of them! Parking my hiney on the curb and not moving!

Last edited:
Debra

hotchocolate.jpg

I am 39 & planner extraordinaire. I love Disney & planning future trips. I *may or may not* already have plans in mind for my quest for Dopey in 2018 (who am I kidding, I TOTALLY do). I am a wife & mom of 4 great kids. I am a stay at home soccer mom & dance mom. We spend most of our week at soccer with 3 of our 4 kids playing the sport. In my spare time I love to travel, Disney, photography, Disney, food & everything Disney. Did I mention I love Disney??

All About the Food & Drink
Food faves
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier
Le Cellier Filet Mignon
'Ohana Bread Pudding
Smokie City at Raglan Road
Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding at Raglan Road
Lobster Bisque at Yachtsman

Favorite Dining Locations
Le Cellier
Raglan Road
Tusker House (breakfast)

Favorite Snacks
Dole Whip
Beignets from POFQ
Carrot Cake Cookie

Favorite Drinks
Citron Slush
Lapu Lapu

I have never attended F&W Festival, so I am BEYOND excited to finally go!

029.jpg

157.jpg

My Favorite Rides & Such
Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Carousel Of Progress

Wishes (It makes me cry...every...single...time!)
Cinderella's Castle (I could look at it all day)

Epcot
Test Track

Hollywood Studios
Rock N Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest

Character
Goofy (I was excited to see him at the finish line when I ran PHM 2014)

Resort
Boardwalk holds a special place in my heart. We spent 10 nights there in 2012.
POFQ & POR are my favorite moderates

We will also be attending MVMCP during this trip. I went in 2012 & loved it. Hopefully Tammie will share my sentiment. "Once Upon A Christmas Time" gets stuck in my head all the time lol.

148.jpg

Running
Since this trip will involve running, I should briefly mention my history. I started running in February 2012 with the Galloway run/walk method. I have always struggled with running because of my long history of asthma & bronchial issues, so finding the run/walk method was perfect. I ran my first 5K on July 4, 2012 & my first half marathon in November 2012. My first Run Disney event was PHM & 5K in February 2014. Since I started running, I have completed 3 5K's, 2 mud obstacle 5K's (I am done with those...fear of injury is too high),1 15K, 5 half marathons, 2 25K's & Ragnar Chicago. I am about to start training for my first marathon which will take place 2 weeks after W&D in November 2016. I enjoy the half marathon distance, but look forward to a new challenge with the marathon. I am also signed up for Star Wars Dark Side 5K & half marathon in April, so I will have 2 Run Disney trips in 2016. 2017 will be exciting also as my husband & I will be going for our Coast 2 Coast.

This will be my first NON-FLAT trip with Tammie to WDW. I was supposed to attend PHM 2015, but sadly had to back out due to conflict. I am super excited to finally get our WDW girl time.

Last edited:
Sunday Stats (Tammie): November 8th, 2015

Currently: 10 of 12 Half Marathons in 2015
772 Miles of 1,000 Miles in 2015

4 ME12.jpg

4 ME13.JPG

I am still amazed that it has been 4 years since I agreed to my first running adventure…I still like to fall on the ground in a laughing fit when I think about myself running. Up until 4 years ago I had basically never run a moment in my life except for when forced to due to circumstance which usually include a child, but then this thing called GIRLS ONLY trip to WDW entered my mind and running became the perfect “LINE” to use on my DH. After many false starts into the world of running,

4 ME14.JPG

I was introduced to Jeff Galloway and his method of run/walk/run and my life changed…so much that currently I have completed 10 half marathons this year and W&D2016 will be my 3rd RunDisney Race weekend. While I might not be fast, in fact BOTP (Back of the Pack) most races I am out there competing and even enjoying the “ME” time that running gives me.

My 2015 Running Goals include:

1. 12 Half Marathons-Right now I have completed 10 and have 3 more in the works over the next 2 months!
  2. 1,000 personal miles-Currently I have 772 miles, so I am pushing it to get the rest of the miles in before 2015 ends. Thankfully, Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks will afford me lots of time as long as the weather holds out!

This weekends LONG workout view was...

ugh.jpg

(Apparently you have to tilt your head because DIS has rotated it onto its side)! A muddy, cool 7 miles! I really wanted to get in more but we were rushed with time.

Last edited:

DEBRA...YOU ALSO BACKED OUT OF ToT13...if I recall!

Yep...I have the worst luck with races. If I remember correctly on that one, family backed out on me keeping the kids & hubby was out of town. I am still bitter on that one since ToT is no more :sad:

This trip though, you are STUCK with me!! I will go no matter what! We need our WDW girls trip. :dogdance:

Eek!!! Squeal y'all have been busy!!!
Ok, so I am 100% in for wine and dine.......5k! Yep, 2015 taught me that night racing was not for me. Ooh, the course was beautiful and despite the disorganized/organized chaos of our delayed start and then course cut, the next day found me zapped and my family pissed because I couldn't get my act together after getting back to our room at 4:30am.
Highlights was riding soarin' no wait meandering down world showcase at 3:30 and oh the food eventhougn lines are crazy long! I love the wine and dine atmosphere but not the night racing. Will I be back to party with y'all of course. But I will run the Jingle Jog and stand posted in Beach club with some awesome signs and goodies but..that slight problem or racing at night turned my world upside down:scared:

Ok, so I am 100% in for wine and dine.......5k! Yep, 2015 taught me that night racing was not for me. Ooh, the course was beautiful and despite the disorganized/organized chaos of our delayed start and then course cut, the next day found me zapped and my family pissed because I couldn't get my act together after getting back to our room at 4:30am.
Highlights was riding soarin' no wait meandering down world showcase at 3:30 and oh the food eventhougn lines are crazy long! I love the wine and dine atmosphere but not the night racing. Will I be back to party with y'all of course. But I will run the Jingle Jog and stand posted in Beach club with some awesome signs and goodies but..that slight problem or racing at night turned my world upside down:scared:

"Flat Kafi"!!! I was wondering how the race went for you this past weekend. I am glad to hear you will join us for the 5K & will be at the after party with us!! I am super excited to finally meet you in person (although we did have a great "flat" trip during PHM).

Yep...I have the worst luck with races. If I remember correctly on that one, family backed out on me keeping the kids & hubby was out of town. I am still bitter on that one since ToT is no more :sad:

This trip though, you are STUCK with me!! I will go no matter what! We need our WDW girls trip. :dogdance:

I SIMPLY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO BACK OUT ON THIS TRIP (or any run trips now that my partner in crime Cammy is sidelined).

I will take Kafi any way I can get her this trip, other than FLAT! We simply have to get you on EE for REAL! So you are off the hook for the half...as long as you promise to have some goodies waiting! LOL. As for you family, well this trip they can't say anything about you not getting around the next morning...we already have sleeping in until ??? after the half since WE WILL SHUT DOWN the after party!

No Soarin' lines...how cool is that. I think we need to do Test Track with lots of cocktails in ourselves...you know the whole drinking and driving...letting Disney do the driving!

And I am so ready to have you around other than just in PM...which is no fun at all!

I SIMPLY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO BACK OUT ON THIS TRIP (or any run trips now that my partner in crime Cammy is sidelined).

Nope, not backing out of this one. Hubby KNOWS how much this one means to me. He hears me talk about it ALL the time. He even has the preliminary dates plugged into his calendar on his phone so he won't schedule anything. NOT BACKING OUT!! PROMISE!! PROMISE!! Hopefully we can do some races together next year before W&D (wink, wink...Dust Bowl).

I will take Kafi any way I can get her this trip, other than FLAT! We simply have to get you on EE for REAL! So you are off the hook for the half...as long as you promise to have some goodies waiting! LOL. As for you family, well this trip they can't say anything about you not getting around the next morning...we already have sleeping in until ??? after the half since WE WILL SHUT DOWN the after party!

No Soarin' lines...how cool is that. I think we need to do Test Track with lots of cocktails in ourselves...you know the whole drinking and driving...letting Disney do the driving!

And I am so ready to have you around other than just in PM...which is no fun at all!

Yes Kafi, we must get you on EE!! We can even ride in the middle if that gets you on the ride. It really is tame :rolleyes1 You can be our group cheerleader with goodies & signs for the half...and possibly our bag holder so we don't have to do bag check? I am excited for the after party for sure. Hopefully lines wont be too bad & we can get some yummy food in our tummies & some rides.

You all are going tO laugh at my ride ability. Ok, you know the part in Soarin' where they go over the city, It made me dizzy. Test track line was only 15 min but I passed to soak up world showcase. My boozy cupcakes won't be disappointed because they get you started after the race. Hello, get your medal, get your food box and then get your first wine. Oh ladies, I'm excited about the wine and dine. I hope the lines are less because it will be a bigger stagger between the racers finishing.
Didn't have to wait on a bus and I left around 4:00am. It was a really really nice concept, I just don't think a night half is for me but I am all over the food and wine aspect of this race weekend!
Let the planning begin!! Where is my room mate, Buffy??

You all are going tO laugh at my ride ability. Ok, you know the part in Soarin' where they go over the city, It made me dizzy. Test track line was only 15 min but I passed to soak up world showcase. My boozy cupcakes won't be disappointed because they get you started after the race. Hello, get your medal, get your food box and then get your first wine. Oh ladies, I'm excited about the wine and dine. I hope the lines are less because it will be a bigger stagger between the racers finishing.
Didn't have to wait on a bus and I left around 4:00am. It was a really really nice concept, I just don't think a night half is for me but I am all over the food and wine aspect of this race weekend!
Let the planning begin!! Where is my room mate, Buffy??

We are letting you out of the half...so you are not getting any excuses on riding! OHHHHH, wine handed to you after the race....my kind of finish! And you will get a jump start on us with F&W as we are running...LOL, plus we are planning lots of F&W days grazing and not many TS meals! We wont have to wait for a bus either...just stagger back through the International Gateway! Buffy should be along shortly...I warned her to get over here!

I'm probably not in for the half (running at night doesn't work well for my body) but if my husband decides to try Wine & Dine again, I'll be in for the 5K again!

I'll try to make a more formal intro in the next few days.

I'm probably not in for the half (running at night doesn't work well for my body) but if my husband decides to try Wine & Dine again, I'll be in for the 5K again!

Great! I will
Definitely love some cupcake company to help as the official"chear squad"
That is always my total favorite about Disney races are the sections where friends and family line up and cheer the runners.

Another Jingle 5ker as well. Only 362 more days till this party starts. Oh can't wait to talk shirts and skirts and everything in between!!

We are a year out, finally!!! It's official with the pre-trip report! :) I will try to add my info this week sometime!

I think I decided I really don't like running enough to continue so this go-around will be MY LAST hurrah of training & races! Wine and Dine 1/2 was my first 2 years ago & will be my last next year! Hopefully injury free!!!

Like the idea of finishing a scrapbook before the next one- although that is a lofty goal for me considering how far behind I am on all my scrapbooking!

Anyways, looking forward to Wine & Dine 2016!

YAY...Melissa made it over! I am so drooling over all your food posts...I can't wait to ask you lots of F&W questions next spring when information comes out! You and Kafi can make your own race course cheering section.

Great! I will
Definitely love some cupcake company to help as the official"chear squad"
That is always my total favorite about Disney races are the sections where friends and family line up and cheer the runners.

Another Jingle 5ker as well. Only 362 more days till this party starts. Oh can't wait to talk shirts and skirts and everything in between!!

I sure could use a cheer section as I don't normally get that from my family...

We have so much to talk about and plan...so glad this part of the party is actually starting!

We are a year out, finally!!! It's official with the pre-trip report! :) I will try to add my info this week sometime!

I think I decided I really don't like running enough to continue so this go-around will be MY LAST hurrah of training & races! Wine and Dine 1/2 was my first 2 years ago & will be my last next year! Hopefully injury free!!!

Like the idea of finishing a scrapbook before the next one- although that is a lofty goal for me considering how far behind I am on all my scrapbooking!

Anyways, looking forward to Wine & Dine 2016!

YAY...one half of the Tweedles made it. Your swan song? Tell me it is not so! Let's not talk how far behind I am with family and children...but to get PHM that should be a good goal to get started on at least!

I was so excited to finally be able to add all my dates to my "trip box" on Touring Plans today. I am so ready for some yummy F&W food...& hopefully one or two of the dining experiences. I hate the "lull" period where we cant really plan anything & park hours are just predicted. I can't wait to make plans for real...where we can really put pencil to paper & figure things out (other than just our collection of ideas we have going right now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter