• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Runners UNITE! We've graduated C25K, so let's keep on going!

kimwim8

<font color=red>Won't admit to anything<br><font c
We've done it, ladies! We've graduated from the couch-to-5K program and we're STILL running!! :thumbsup2 Let's keep going with our chats without clogging up the C-to-5K thread for the other runners.

Anyone have any upcoming races?

I've got nothing coming up for the summer - but I'm almost definitely doing the 13K in October in WDW. Really looking forward to doing Halloween down there!! I'm going to be spending my summer doing the Cool Running's Half Marathon training program to build up my endurance.

Hi Kim - Thanks for starting this new location! I wonder if we want C25K in the thread title, just as a heads up, you know?

I plan to run a 3 mile race on July 4th and then beyond that, I am thinking TOT 13K in October. I actually booked a room for that tonight, though it can still be cancelled if I decide to stay elsewhere or chicken out completely.

I'm considering my next move. Maybe One Hour Runner, I guess. My friend has suggested that 4 days a week might be beneficial in how the runs feel, not speed or whatnot but just enjoyment. I may do a modification. I am sure that comes as a shock!

Hey ladies!!! Welcome!! (um, how do I edit the thread title?? I definitely think C25K should be in there.)

Thanks for stopping by Lil! :hug:

For me, I will most likely be doing a 4 miler on July 4th and hopefully beat my time from last year (took me about an hour). The heat was really the problem, since the race didn't start til 9:30 and the sun was blaring.

But for now, I'll continue to log the miles by running a few times a week with a long run on the weekends (4-5 miles). I'm not too concerned with times, more about how the runs "feel". I also try to walk on my lunchbreaks a few times a week (3 miles per walk) to get in some more miles. The only type of additional exercise I get in is ab work on the Bean (hence the reference in my signature :laughing: ). I love my Bean.

Keep up the great work, ladies, and keep us posted!

Kim, I believe that all you have to do is go to edit your first post and then you have access to the title to edit as well. I think that's all it takes. :)

Kim, I believe that all you have to do is go to edit your first post and then you have access to the title to edit as well. I think that's all it takes. :)

Thanks!! I did it! :thumbsup2

Lookin' Good!!

I haven't run in a few days - I purposely took a couple off after the race Sunday, given my leg muscle situation before the race, and just haven't gotten back into the swing at all. And then it is my 15th class reunion this weekend, SO I have been distracted with getting ready to go to that, I guess. It is all excuses, though. I need to figure out how I can get a run or two in this busy weekend.

katerkat - you said you were going to do the Half Marathon training? I looked at that and wow - I think I need to train a bunch just to get to the place where I could start that training program! That would be a good place to be at before the 13k, though, I must say!

I'm in the beginning phases of the C25k plan and its great to see others have accomplished it. I can't wait to be able to run a 5k. I'm planning on signing up for the 10k in Oct (WDW). Really can't wait to do that! Just bought new running sneakers and everything!

Congratulations to all those who've completed the plan! WAY TO GO!

I'm in the beginning phases of the C25k plan and its great to see others have accomplished it. I can't wait to be able to run a 5k. I'm planning on signing up for the 10k in Oct (WDW). Really can't wait to do that! Just bought new running sneakers and everything!

Congratulations to all those who've completed the plan! WAY TO GO!

Good luck, ziggystardust! We'll be here for ya!! :thumbsup2

Corinna - this year would be my 15th year reunion as well, but I don't think we're having one. (class of 92? :confused3 :thumbsup2 ) I'm glad you're resting up. I really think that's the best thing you can do for your legs. Just thinking about those ice baths scares me! :eek:

I'm jealous of you all running that race at WDW in October. One of these years I need to plan a trip there around a race. How awesome it must be.

Keep up the great work, ladies! I hope to get out there in the morning to run again before work. WISH me luck!

Just had to share...I actually ran in the rain today! :thumbsup2 I know it sounds trivial, but normally I'd use the rain as an excuse and just skip the run. But I really want to build up the miles to see how many I can do this month (in order to help me run longer in the "long run" - pun intended :goodvibes ). So I didn't let a little rain stop me. It actually ended up being one of my fastest runs time-wise. I ran 2 miles in 22 1/2 minutes! :banana:

I'm really not in it to run fast, just build up miles and endurance. But it's kind of cool to have a fast run every now & then!

My next run day is Sunday, when I hope to run at least 4 miles....maybe without a walk break. (but we'll see how it goes ;) )

NICE work Kim! I may run in the rain tomorrow - the place we are staying seems kind of iffy on the fitness club thing, but I am thinking I could run out in the rain tomorrow.

The problems I was having with my legs were very clearly (to me) not running related. I pulled the hamstrings in the back working on some gardening stuff that I guess I shouldn't have done out of the blue and before a race like that. I've never had problems like that from the running, thank goodness! Anyhow, I feel 100% and am starting to miss the regular endorphins!

katerkat - you said you were going to do the Half Marathon training? I looked at that and wow - I think I need to train a bunch just to get to the place where I could start that training program! That would be a good place to be at before the 13k, though, I must say!

Wow, I just re-read it and it does sound harder than I thought! I just want to build up my endurance and distance, not speed necessarily - I just want to be able to run without walking for a good few miles. And I like to follow a "program" vs. just running a couple miles or so every other day or whenever. Is there a link for the One Hour Runner?

Thanks Corinna! I hope your run went well today. :thumbsup2

I'm glad your legs are feeling better. Isn't it amazing how much you can miss running? It's always shocking to me.

I'm planning on heading out for a run in a little bit and I admit that I had skipped my normal run day b/c of the rain. 2x this week (though I make up for it the next day without fail). For the couch plan - is it super important to only allow 1 day in between runs - or if sometimes its 2 days - is that ok?

Today is the last day of my week 2 - so I'm obviously new to this. Thanks for your help!

I'm planning on heading out for a run in a little bit and I admit that I had skipped my normal run day b/c of the rain. 2x this week (though I make up for it the next day without fail). For the couch plan - is it super important to only allow 1 day in between runs - or if sometimes its 2 days - is that ok?

Today is the last day of my week 2 - so I'm obviously new to this. Thanks for your help!

I believe, according to the plan, you should only be running 3 times a week. So you'll have runs spaced farther apart than a day. Keep up the great work!!

Oh, and I didn't get out for my run today. After walking a LOT yesterday (I only logged 3 miles for the heart walk, but I believe I walked more like 6 or 7 total) my legs were pretty stiff this morning. Then DH and I got involved with backyard work. So I will get up early before work and do it tomorrow.

OK - I am back from my reunion trip. I did not manage to run at all, so that is more than a week that I have had off. I feel a little lazy, but my plantar fascia have settled down nicely, my hamstrings are back to normal and I think I will do a treadmill run tonight just to get back in the swing of things!

OK - I am back from my reunion trip. I did not manage to run at all, so that is more than a week that I have had off. I feel a little lazy, but my plantar fascia have settled down nicely, my hamstrings are back to normal and I think I will do a treadmill run tonight just to get back in the swing of things!

Welcome back! I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure you'll find you haven't slipped at all. Sometimes a rest is exactly what you need. :thumbsup2

I ran this morning. Finished 2 miles in 22.45 minutes, which is pretty quick for me. Wed morning I might try to run a little farther (like 2.5 miles) and see how long it takes me. I don't like to go more than 1/2 hour on pre-work runs or else I get to work late. :headache:

I ran for 30 minutes yesterday morning, it turns out. 30 minutes without a pause, though! I think that is the start of the One Hour Runner for me. Towards the end, I felt a little tight in my hamstring again, though, and today, it's not as bad as it was, but I still feel it. I think my hips are a little out of whack from all the travel - I haven't been to see my chiropractor since I've been back, so I should be fine once she finishes with me.

Kim, I went to a New England prep school and they invite the alums back every 5 years (Well, really, you can go back more often if you want). I think it is in their best financial interest to keep the alumni involved. It is nice, though! Class of '92 is right, though! :)

My next race is a little more than a month away and I've lost nearly 20 pounds! You guys have any interest in seeing how much my face has changed with those 20 pounds? It was subtle before. Now it is kind of shocking!

We also got our passports in the mail yesterday - very thrilling! My picture is not especially attractive. Oh well. It is to be expected, isn't it?

Katerkat, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.? In case you haven't found it on your own: http://www.coolrunning.com/major/97/training/swit0214.htm#run

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter