Running Map - Poly to Contemporary

CanadianPaco

I miss my tags!
Hi all! Does anyone have a map to share of the running route between the Poly through the GF to the Contemporary?
Much thx!

Last edited:
Hi all! Does anyone have a map to share of the running route between the Poly and the Contemporary?
Much thx!
There really isn't one. You would have to run from Contemporary to MK to Grand Flo to Poly and then back. There is no pedestrian route from Contemporary to Poly.

There really isn't one. You would have to run from Contemporary to MK to Grand Flo to Poly and then back. There is no pedestrian route from Contemporary to Poly.
Thank you yes! I was wondering if someone who has run from the Poly - GF - Contemporary had a map on their GPS that shows it.

I've tried running from BLT to Poly early morning and was stopped by security on the path to MK.

I've done it several times during the middle of the day - never early before the parks were open. It was very easy going thru security now that they have the full scanners - just slow down to walk thru the scanners and then start running again. I did it from the Contemporary all the way to the TTC and back and it was about about 5-6 miles round trip depending how much you weaved through the resort walking paths.

Last May I ran from BLT to the Poly and back - map below. It was 3.1 miles though I only ran to the beginning of the Poly and not all the way to TTC. You could certainly add more distance by looping around any of the resorts' paths, and extending out to TTC.

A few things to be aware of, however:
1. the normal path along the water between GF and Poly is currently closed while they build a new Poly building. There's a detoured path out to the road where you're still on sidewalks but it's less scenic and less straight forward (parking lots, construction walls, and a road).
2. as others have said, you'll have to pass through MK security in both directions which is easy enough to just walk through the scanners
3. early morning, the pathway between GF and MK is actually blocked off at a point (the second picture is a run during marathon weekend where I had to turn around at the drawbridge gate). The arrow points to where the bridge is, though I did a second loop and turned at the security checkpoint (which is why the track extends).

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 6
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter