Running Watches/Gadgets

I use the Garmin Vivoactive HR. I like that in addition to being able to use it for running I can also use it for cycling and for swimming.

While I don't use them, this is the sections from the vivoactiveHR manual that talks about how to setup run/walk intervals. http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...UID-228F168D-D601-40E7-9497-AFDB55A5A47C.html

Is it possible you are thinking about the VivoSmart HR and not the VivoActive HR?

Very interesting... no, I was using the Garmin comparison feature on their website. You will see in the image below that the "Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)" is not checked for the Vivoactive HR. Clearly, as your link proves, the manual states otherwise. Oh well.

Compare.png

Very interesting... no, I was using the Garmin comparison feature on their website. You will see in the image below that the "Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)" is not checked for the Vivoactive HR. Clearly, as your link proves, the manual states otherwise. Oh well.

I think that interval training actually refers to something else. When you complete a run with the 235, based on your heart rate it gives you a suggested rest interval to use based on your heart rate. (they are usually like 37 hours and I ignore them, because I run every day except Wednesday, only philistines run on Wednesday )

I think that interval training actually refers to something else. When you complete a run with the 235, based on your heart rate it gives you a suggested rest interval to use based on your heart rate. (they are usually like 37 hours and I ignore them, because I run every day except Wednesday, only philistines run on Wednesday )

Maybe it is something else, although I think what you are referring to is called Recovery Advisor by Garmin. In any case, the Vivoactive HR can definitely do run/walk intervals based on the manual, so lack of custom workouts, VO2 max, race predictor, and recovery advisor seem to be the only downsides when compared to the 235. The only one of those that I would (and do) use on a fairly regular basis is custom workouts; otherwise, the Vivoactive HR might be perfect (especially for the price).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter