Running while wearing glasses

hauntedcity

DIS Veteran
How do other runners handle fogged up glasses during a race? I probably spent a good quarter of the half marathon with vision problems due to foggy lenses. The worst spots were the dark areas of the course without adequate lighting. I had to take my glasses off a couple times, and with MY bad vision, it's lucky there wasn't a 20 runner pile up.

Weird as it is, you could put some soap on them. Ust a few drops, rub them on, and wipe off the excess. It works for my friend.

How do other runners handle fogged up glasses during a race? I probably spent a good quarter of the half marathon with vision problems due to foggy lenses. The worst spots were the dark areas of the course without adequate lighting. I had to take my glasses off a couple times, and with MY bad vision, it's lucky there wasn't a 20 runner pile up.

I don't wear mine..and in some darker areas or narrow areas it is scary. Between my near and farsightedness it is too hard. Elevation changes are hard too. I get already to go and then leave the glasses behind. DS is only nearsighted so his contacts work great.

hauntedcity said:

Anti-fog drops that are used for scuba diving and swimming work really well.

baby shampoo.. little bit on the lens, let it set a couple of minutes, dip in water a sec then good to go.. same thing scuba divers do to keep mask from fogging up..

I have never had a problem with my glasses fogging up during a race. I hope you get this worked out. One option might be to try using anti-fogging spray that scuba divers use for their goggles.

These are great tips! I had my glasses on to start the 1/2 with but bagged them less than 2 miles in. I'm really nearsighted but was ok on the course and never felt it was too dark (TOT 10 miler was a completely different story).
I did have to wear my sunglasses when the sun came up but they didn't fog up too much but some. Thanks for sharing tips!

I bought glasses that have the anti glare, antifog lenses. This has helped greatly.

Stitch_lover_Sith said:
I bought glasses that have the anti glare, antifog lenses. This has helped greatly.

I paid the extra money for these, too, based upon my experience running a couple half marathons last year. It may have been a LITTLE better, but not much. I'm not sure what my problem is. They usually fog up worse during walk breaks, and tend to clear up a bit when I'm running, and have a constant supply of cooler air hitting them. I'll have to try some of these ideas for my next race in May.

Where can I get the diver stuff? Will your basic sports store carry it? Maybe I'll try the baby shampoo idea first for a morning run.

Thanks again for the great ideas!

I paid the extra money for these, too, based upon my experience running a couple half marathons last year. It may have been a LITTLE better, but not much. I'm not sure what my problem is. They usually fog up worse during walk breaks, and tend to clear up a bit when I'm running, and have a constant supply of cooler air hitting them. I'll have to try some of these ideas for my next race in May.

Where can I get the diver stuff? Will your basic sports store carry it? Maybe I'll try the baby shampoo idea first for a morning run.

Thanks again for the great ideas!

https://www.c-clearantifog.com/?gclid=CN22q4bZ8LQCFQeDnQodLncASw or http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=spit+antifog&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=10355927849&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14673354671344899906&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_2ex54eqv84_b

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter