Runny Egg Yolks

I like eggs most ways, except scrambled-til-brown. blech. Over medium is pushing it.

Thanks for all the replies.

I put “rare” scrambled eggs in quotation marks because I couldn’t think of another concise adjective, but figured you’d get my drift.

Thanks for all the replies.

I put “rare” scrambled eggs in quotation marks because I couldn’t think of another concise adjective, but figured you’d get my drift.
Good thread, Angie! Egg threads get surprisingly busy! I once asked how long to cook a hard boiled egg and that turned pretty lively, too!

I like my yolks soft or barely runny - to runny grosses me out :crazy2:

Yeah, me too. I don't like them "runny" but they don't have to be 100% hard either. It's a very narrow window to get it perfect, though I would probably err on the hard side than the runny side.

Last edited:
Yeah, me too. I don't liek them "runny" but they don't have to be 100% hard either. It's a very narrow window to get it perfect, though I would probably err on the hard side than the runny side.

I totally agree with you:thumbsup2

Aye or nay?

That’s a big nope for me. No sunny side up, no over easy, no soft boiled, no poached, not even “rare” scrambled eggs.

Dipping toast into the runny yolks? :scared1:

There is nothing like corned beef hash with an egg on top. Break it open and let than yolk run down. MMMM. Works on hashed browns too. Toast.... Uh maybe. Eggs Benny. yummmmmm.

Runny whites however, are a crime against humanity. Look like snot.

Absolutely NO. Can't stand runny yolks. Usually eat them either scrambled, over hard or as an Omlet. No runny yolks for me.

I love runny yolks, but at home we just scramble the eggs bc that’s the only way DH will eat them. When eating out, I will usually ask for over easy but if they know what they’re doing, then I will ask for sunny side up. I love the edges all crispy too, yum.

What’s funny is I absolutely hate hard boiled eggs, which seems to be the opposite of a lot of folks. They make me gag lol.

On a burger? Runny yolk all day! For breakfast? It needs to be cooked all the way. Weird, I know.

I like eggs in general, so will eat them any way depending on the dish, and I LOVE runny eggs.

The problem is that most eggs in America are crap. You have to get the really good ones or have your own hens. Good eggs taste completely different then the cheap ones at the store. The cheap ones always make me sick even. I think that is why so many people dislike eggs because they have never had an actual good egg. Watch some food videos from Japan and you will see how orange their yolks are. Those are happy, well fed chickens. And yes, I love a good runny yolk from a good egg.

^ That reminds me of something. My neighbor kept ducks. She offered me fresh duck eggs on several occasions. Truth was that we keep a lot of eggs on hand so I thanked her but said no thanks. Unspoken truth was that I wasn’t sure we could eat them. 😳 What would you guys have done? (PS I am a city girl and have never had anything but a store bought egg! I know that might sound funny to many of you!)

^ That reminds me of something. My neighbor kept ducks. She offered me fresh duck eggs on several occasions. Truth was that we keep a lot of eggs on hand so I thanked her but said no thanks. Unspoken truth was that I wasn’t sure we could eat them. 😳 What would you guys have done? (PS I am a city girl and have never had anything but a store bought egg! I know that might sound funny to many of you!)

I am absolutely with you!

Nope, no eggs from other avian species. No eggs from backyard or farmer’s chickens. Just mass produced white eggs from the supermarket.

I’m also scared of brown supermarket eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter