• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RV/Camper Camping near Disneyland

eeyorethegreat

DIS Veteran
We are in the initial planning stages of planning a trip along Rt 66 to CA next summer with a mandatory (4 day) stop at Disneyland. We are planing on taking a camper and am wondering if there are any RV/camper campgrounds within a reasonable distance to Disneyland?

There are two that I know of, Anaheim resort rv park, which is about a mile from Disneyland and has a shuttle (we are booking this one for next year), and Anaheim Harbour RV park, which is a little further away...

There where 3 rv parks close. Anaheim Village just closed this past February. It's web site says it's not taking resies anymore, word is Disney bought the property for a parking lot.
Anaheim Harbour RV is the closest. It is pretty much a parking lot with hook ups.
If you have a big rv and a tow vehicle, they will give you 2 spaces, plenty of room. Although there are a lot of permanent units on the back 2/3 rds of the property. This makes for a lot of traffic going in and out. They have a small play area with an older swing set. They do have a very clean, smaller pool. The bathrooms are very clean also.
The other is OrangeLand RV. It's maybe 6 miles away, next to Angels Stadium and Honda Center. It's a direct shot down Katella Blvd. I just stayed there last week. It has a nice pool, lots of play area's for everyone. It too has some long term residents. Some sites look rather trashy. Also depending on what site you get, it could be very hard parking.
Both will mention shuttle service. It is the ART. Anaheim's transit system. Works great for some and is priced reasonably.
If you choose AHR. Be prepared, if they put you in certain rows, you may need extensions on your hoses as they are angled. This makes it easy to back in but can cause problems hooking up.

We have stayed at the Anaheim Resort RV Park twice and were very happy with it. They have a free shuttle that runs about every 15-20 minutes, from what I can remember.

Thanks for the replies! We are in the early planning stages and have never been to DL though we have been to WDW multiple times over the last 15 years. I have a lot to learn!

Anaheim Resort RV Park.
Have stayed there in the past and will be staying there again in October of this year...
I could be wrong but I believe they use ART now for shuttle service so there is a fee....just about all the lodging places in Anaheim now use ART....
Don't expect anything like Fort Wilderness...these are not "destination" RV parks...just clean places with full hook ups for your visit to DLR.;)

We have stayed at Anaheim harbor and Anaheim rv resort. We liked Anaheim rv resort better. Not just a parking lot and the bathrooms were cleaner and newer.

I have never had problems getting resies. Even after Anaheim Village shut down, the others still had spaces. If you are sure about your dates, make them a few monthes early for peace of mind. I'm not sure about Anaheim Resort but I know Anaheim Harbour and OrangeLand don't charge your card til arrival. Both have cancelations 2 days out.
I have actually called on my way down and still got a space. We are 200 miles north.
I guess it's a sad testimony for AH when the big guy across the street shuts down and you still don't sell out.
If you don't mind staying farther away, Dockweiler Beach RV is on the beach right by LAX. It would be around an hour drive to DL. But it sure looks nice. You are just steps from the water.

It's not super close, but as a backup you might try the Orange County Fairgrounds. It's also cheap at $30 with full hookups.

http://www.ocfair.com/ocf2/event_planning/hotels.aspx

Camping

Thank you for choosing the OC Fair & Event Center (OCFEC) as your RV destination. In order to ensure a pleasant stay for you and other campers, we ask that you please observe the following policies:

Rates

Individual Campers: $30 per night due upon arrival. Rates include water and electrical. Payment for additional days stayed are due by 10 a.m. Cash only. No reservations taken, first-come, first-served.
Trailer Rallies: $25 per night due at the end of your stay. Rates include water and electrical. Cash or checks accepted.

Payments and check-ins are accepted at the Guest Relations Office located inside Gate 5 off Arlington Drive.

Campground Hours

Check-out is 10 a.m. If you check out after 10 a.m. you will be charged for an additional night.
Campground hours are 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. For the enjoyment of your fellow campers please observe the quiet hours between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Generators may not run during those hours.
Entry and exit is at Gate 5 off Arlington Drive. Gate 5 is closed from Midnight to 6 a.m.
Campers may stay up to a maximum 14 consecutive days per visit. There must be a break of 7 days between visits with a maximum of 30 days per year.
OCFEC reserves the right to close the campground at its discretion without notice.

is the Anaheim Resort RV park and the Anaheim Harbour RV park both still open? any other new RV parks open?

We spent 6 nights at Anaheim RV Resort at the end of May and were very, very happy with it. The spaces were huge, clean, and shady. Bathrooms were immaculate. It's in an urban area across from a school but it was still very quiet and my BFF and I didn't feel uncomfortable walking to our site in the wee hours (we did the 24 hr event) from the ART drop off by the office. ART 'starts' at the RV park and if you use the #6 Clementine shuttle there are only 2 stops after pickup so it only takes maybe 15 mins to the Esplanade. #6 line return shuttle has the RV park as the first stop, very nice after a long day! There is a ticket kiosk by the shuttle stop, which is the park's check-in parking lot.

You have a clear view of the aerial fireworks and they are LOUD! Other than that, the park was very quiet at night.

It's definitely NOT walking distance. It's real close to the Esplanade as the crow flies, but walking is about 1.5 miles.

The RV parks are going the way of the Dodo. Acreage is worth more than the rental.
Anaheim Village had been bought and sold several times over the years and never seemed to be sold out.
Anaheim Resort seems to be the cleanest and closest of the remaining RV parks
Stayed there 10/14 and will be returning 11/15

We spent 6 nights at Anaheim RV Resort at the end of May and were very, very happy with it. The spaces were huge, clean, and shady. Bathrooms were immaculate. It's in an urban area across from a school but it was still very quiet and my BFF and I didn't feel uncomfortable walking to our site in the wee hours (we did the 24 hr event) from the ART drop off by the office. ART 'starts' at the RV park and if you use the #6 Clementine shuttle there are only 2 stops after pickup so it only takes maybe 15 mins to the Esplanade. #6 line return shuttle has the RV park as the first stop, very nice after a long day! There is a ticket kiosk by the shuttle stop, which is the park's check-in parking lot.

You have a clear view of the aerial fireworks and they are LOUD! Other than that, the park was very quiet at night.

It's definitely NOT walking distance. It's real close to the Esplanade as the crow flies, but walking is about 1.5 miles.

Thanks for your review, we have reservations here in August and I really wasn't sure what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter