RV length question

MomE@Home

Mouseketeer
What is the max. length allowed for RV's at FW ? We are borrowing my inlaws 37 Ft. RV with 2 bumpouts. I just read in a post that FW is having RV's that are too large camp in the parking lot-yuck! If we have to camp in the parking lot, we won't bother !

I have seen up to 40 foot busses park at sites in Ft. Wilderness. There are many sites that will handle your in-law's 37 footer. However, there are many sites that would not work. Just make sure your reservation indicates the size of the RV. And arrive early enough that you could move to another empty site if the one they assign to you won't work.

FW can handle the largest RVs. There are some sites that are better than others for big rigs. However, the current tree trimming is aimed at making most or all full hook up sites suitable for all RVs. FW will NOT put you in the parking lot. In fact they absolutely forbid camping in the parking lot. I have been at the front desk when a person in a Class A was instructed that they must leave the property because they showed up a day early and there was no sites available for that day.

If the thread you read was mine on parking lot changes I am sorry for the confusion. FW does not put make the RV stay in the parking lot. They just make the RV leave their boat, car, utility, or golf cart trailer in the parking lot. In the past FW had let people put these type small trailers off to the side of their site in the grass. Well, you were never supposed to do that but they were not enforcing the policy. Now they are.

Last Aug I cruised a few of the priority loops in the golf cart, and saw at least two sites in each loop that were HUGE (I mean twice the length and width of most), so I'm sure these are for rigs such as yours. Just make sure and practice backing in beforehand!
Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter