• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RV storage near MK (within an hour's drive or so)

enyoc

Earning My Ears
Multiple trips planned the rest of this year and next; it doesn't make sense to drive a 2000 mile round trips 6 times.

Can anyone recommend an RV STORAGE company a reasonable distance from The Fort? Outdoor, fenced, motor home type storage.

Thanks!

We store our 5th wheel at Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort in Claremont, FL. It is within an hour drive. The storage lot is outdoor, gated and within the resort. The area is not paved. We have had no problems.

A few of our friends used this place. It's all indoor and it works out cheaper than a couple of trips of 1000+ miles.

Email: info@bigtoystorageflorida.com

Address: 16405 West Colonial Drive, Oakland FL 34787

Phone: 407.654.8801

Dump Station and Detailing Service Available!

It's all indoor and it works out cheaper than a couple of trips of 1000+ miles.

If I were considering this option the "indoor" factor would be a plus in my book.

Of course it depends on how long I was storing a trailer in Florida. Just for a few months or for the foreseeable future? It's a factor to consider.

Bama Ed

There are tons of storage options around Disney (especially within a 1 hr radius). Offhand, I know that both Thousand Trails Orlando and Lake Magic have outdoor storage and I think it's around $90 / month. If you store it at TTO, be very careful where you park it as the storage area is essentially grass on sand and we got stuck last year and a few days after we were towed out, I noticed another RV being towed out of the sand but as long as you are careful about where you park, it shouldn't be a problem (my problem is that I parked it going uphill (RWD) and I didn't notice my wheels were spinning which got me stuck). If you get closer to Orlando, I think the going price for outdoor storage might be more like $100-120/month. I think covered parking is likely at least twice the price of open and indoor is likely twice the price of covered (my personal opinion is that the RV is made to be outside but I don't have a particularly expensive RV either ...). If you don't mind going 30-45 minutes away from Disney, I suspect you can probably find outdoor storage for $50/month. I think you might even be able to find it around that price in Sanford (which isn't nearly as remote as some other areas (e.g. parking to the West of Orlando-Kissimmee))

We've been storing it in the Tampa-Clearwater area for years (because that's were we like to fly) but will be storing it near Orlando this year as we have more / cheaper flight options to the Orlando area. We actually fly to both Sanford (SFB) and Orlando Intl (MCO) so will be storing it between those two as I'd rather be closer to the airport.

We've stored out trailer at Adult Toy Storage in Altamonte Springs for years. Great place. It's asphalt parking. They have indoors and outdoors. With conversion, I currently pay ~$140 CDN per month. It's just over 20 miles away from Disney. It is gated with a code for entry. adulttorystorage.com

One thing to add for those that are looking for storage - and I'm speaking from experience. DON'T store your trailer on grass - stick with pavement. You're looking for trouble with bug infestations if you store on grass. TRUST ME! Cockroaches are not fun.

Multiple trips planned the rest of this year and next; it doesn't make sense to drive a 2000 mile round trips 6 times.

Can anyone recommend an RV STORAGE company a reasonable distance from The Fort? Outdoor, fenced, motor home type storage.

Thanks!

(my personal opinion is that the RV is made to be outside but I don't have a particularly expensive RV either ...).

I don't have any more ideas of places to store your RV, but I agree with some that for longer term it's definitely better to store inside.
We've done both through necessity, even covering when outside, but the last several years have stored our RV's in our RV barn.
It definitely makes a difference on the paint job, roofing, indoor fabrics, metal parts rusting, no fading etc. Keeps everything looking new as well as lasting longer.
Even the most expensive are not made to endure the different elements of our changing weather. We've experienced it all over the years.
Hope you find good storage as towing many trips at that distance to the same destination is not easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter