S/O of What household chore do dread the most? thread. Do you have a cleaning person?

Do you have a house cleaner and why do or don't you?

• Total voters
I picked other because I don't have one now but did have one every other week when I worked outside the home. I'm retired now so don't have one. I actually started working part time only 4 or 5 hours two days a week at the office years ago and stopped having one then. I felt like it was a waste of money since I was home more than I wasn't. Hubby has told me to get a service about every 6 months to do the deep cleaning that I hate to do. You know things like clean the windows (especially upstairs) clean the baseboards, things like that. I try to pick one room a week to do a deep clean on and just do the other cleaning the rest of the week. Since I no longer work and the only income I have coming in is SS I feel it's wrong to have hubby pay for it (he still works full time but does it from home).

No cleaning service. We've joked about it from time to time; but, never seriously considered it.

When I ran a home day care, cleaning/disinfecting was a daily part of the job, so there's nothing they could have done for me "once a week" or "every 2 weeks" that I wasn't already doing every day. No one is going to bring their child to a house that looks dirty.

When I started working outside the home, cleaning became more hectic, and it might have been nice to have a housekeeper; but, we didn't have the budget for it at that point. Our kids were older, so between the family, we were still able to keep up with it.

My most hated chore is the showers and the bathroom floors, mainly because there are quite a few tight corners; and, I have to get down on my hands and knees to do it. lol. The rest of the bathroom is simple and doesn't bother me.

My favorite chore is doing laundry - mainly because I have a dedicated/large laundry room with plenty of folding and hanging space. It's also the brightest/most colorful room in my house, so a pleasant space to be in.

Since we've added house pets, I have invested in a robot vacuum which is run every day or every other. I love that it can go under my couches/tables/chairs and I don't have to move things to use the "big vacuum" every stinking day. That has gone a long way toward making housekeeping easier.

I really LIKE actual cleaning; everything from scrubbing the toilet to cleaning the oven, and the grosser it is when I start, the more satisfied I am when it's done. Vacuuming, mopping, dusting, washing windows - all great for a feeling of having accomplished something tangible!

Now what I truly loathe is tidying and putting things away, especially my clothes. We're a little challenged right now, having recently downsized and still trying to find just the right place for everything. And this is the first time ever that I haven't had a spare room to just shove crap into and shut the door. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter