S/O What memorable, non-$ wedding gift(s) did you receive?

Thought of something else my family gave to 2 siblings. Our neighbors (and very close friends) when I was a kid were Jewish, but always made Christmas ornaments and other Christmas type stuff in school. Since they obviously did not have a tree, the kids would bring their items to our house to hang on the tree. My Mom lovingly hung onto all those items and made sure they were available for them to hang on our tree every year (since we always pent Christmas together). Each kid ended up marrying a Christian, so as wedding gifts, she gave each of them their items that had always hung on our tree since they would now have their own. I always thought it was such a special and unique gift to very special friends.

We recieved a set of unique wooden coasters. I really liked them, but in my first thank you note, I described them as unique and decided that sounded like a code word for "I don't know how to describe these ugly things" so I ripped that one up and wrote a different note.

Married 15 days ago. Had a destination wedding, so we asked for no gifts. My mother embroidered on bath sheets a saying about togetherness. Nothing odd about any of that, it was her comment that is memorable......'The towels are big enough so you can wrap yourselves up in 1 towel after you shower together'.....and of course she said it in front of multiple people, including the pastor who performed the wedding. Oh mom.....

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon in 1987, one morning we were having breakfast, we struck up a conversation with the people at the next table. They were in their 40's or so and so friendly, when we said we were on our honeymoon they said they had honeymooned there also. When the check came the man grabbed it and said best of luck to you both...... it was so sweet.
I had a friend who opened one of her wedding gifts and it was some kind of clay cooking vessel, I think it may be used in Indian cooking. But there was a wedding card inside the box made out to the couple who gave it to them......... :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Rookie re-gifting mistake! :lmao:Personally I think the direct method is best. This past weekend was our Thanksgiving. One group of dinner guests arrived with a hostess gift of a gourmet wine/snacks basket still wrapped in the original Christmas cellophane and ribbons they'd received last year. Oh well, wine...:drinking1

My in-laws bought us our everyday silverware. We have used it every day for the last 21 years. Definitely wins the prize for most use. My Mom finished out our china pattern for us since we only got about halfway with wedding gifts. We only use it once in a blue moon, but it has such sentimental value to me.

We were married in a courthouse while living 2500 miles away from family, so we didn't really receive much. I think two relatives sent us a check. Other than that, we had some great friends who gave us their old couch and some heavily used baking sheets. We were using camping chairs in the living room at the time, so the couch was an amazing gift. I was so sad when it was destroyed a few years later when our basement flooded. The baking sheets are still used regularly.

DH also came home one day shortly after we were married with a wedding gift for me. It was a huge 4 foot tall wooden tiki. He had me come out to the car and he had it strapped in with a seat belt like a member of the family. It was so random and ridiculous, but I love Tiki Bob. He still hangs out in our living room.

We received toasting glasses from my sil and her husband. I thought we would never use them after the wedding. We have toasted with them for each anniversary and have hauled them with us to Hawaii when we went there for our anniversary. We even toasted with them at the hospital when we had our kids. We have been married 22 years.

We also received a metal sign with house of xxx, established xx,xx,1996. It has hung outside of every home we have lived in. It is now my go-to wedding present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter