• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

s/o What misspelling bothers you most?

Remember we have many friends across the pond here. Some of their words are spelled different.
Neither side of The Pond officially auses an a!ternate spelling of dining. And both sides of The Pond can or should reasonably be expected to know it's 'Ohana. :)

I really dislike the intentional misspellings of words to try to make them cute or whatever it is they're trying to do.
Well if we weren't all social distancing, you could head to the Shoppes at Rivre View Pointe and drown your sorrows at the Irishe Pub.

-could (would, should) of instead of could (would, should) have

-using a instead of an "Does anyone have a apple?"

...I won't get into 'I seen"

The one that annoys me is the misuse of phase instead of faze.
You often see "it didn't phase me" which is meaningless. Also, "it didn't faze me" is much easier to write anyway!

ford family

More a grammar thing but it really bothers me when people use whom when they mean who. Interestingly, it doesn't bother me when people use who when they mean whom.

Loose when they mean lose (and vice versa)
Payed instead of paid
Per say instead of per se
Prolly instead of probably

Loose when they mean lose (and vice versa)
Payed instead of paid
Per say instead of per se
Prolly instead of probably

I agree on all of these and these:

misuse of they're, their, there, to, too, you're, your, desert, dessert, also it is should have or could have not should of or could of

Irregardless-no just no.
You see, the word “regardless” (the correct version) already contains the negative suffix “-less” and means “without regard”. So, if we were to add another negative prefix to that word such as “ir-”, it would contain a double negative and mean “without without regard”.
To give you another reason why this is completely wrong, it’s because the English language doesn’t allow double negatives to occur in a single sentence or word. (from lingQ)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter