• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?'s on DVC Moonlight Magic, Feb 24

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So I have been to a DVC night in the past but we were staying at a DVC resort. But this time we will be at All Stars Sports before we move to a DVC resort and we will also not be at Magic Kingdom before it starts like we were last time. So I was wondering if anyone has been at a Disney resort other then a DVC resort and how they worked signing in for their reservation? I have been told that I can drive to a DVC resort and check in there and then park my car there and take a bus from the DVC Resort to the Magic Kingdom, has anyone done this? how did it work? I have also read that I can drive to Magic Kingdom and park and sign in and go into the park that way but I would much rather take a bus to this event then park my car because I felt taking the bus worked out really well the last time we went.

thanks
ctc917

I thought that they ran buses to all the resorts. You'd take the regular park bus to the event and at the end there will probably be some combining for resorts going on but you'd get a ride back to All Star.

Last year we just checked in at MK and it was pure chaos. Plan on checking in at the resort this time. For the Typhoon events, I have checked in at both the resorts and at Typhoon Lagoon. Both were simple and no issues.

I thought that they ran buses to all the resorts.
The email confirmation says only to/from DVC resorts.
Transportation: Complimentary transportation is available before, during and after the event between Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney Vacation Club Resorts for Members and their Guests staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort.
The OP would be able to get to the MK from the All Stars since regular buses will until 1 hour after park closing which is at 10 pm. Based on the wording in the confirmation, there would not be a bus going back to the All Stars after.

The email confirmation says only to/from DVC resorts.

The OP would be able to get to the MK from the All Stars since regular buses will until 1 hour after park closing which is at 10 pm. Based on the wording in the confirmation, there would not be a bus going back to the All Stars after.

There have been reports from other parties that they did get bus rides back to other resorts.

Ultimately, the OP needs to contact MS and see what they say.

I suspect the answer will be read from the same info you provided. Sometimes practice does not equal that.

Rather, to be safe the OP should just follow what you posted. But I also suspect they would not be stranded and that transportation has the plans to go to whatever resort they need to as has been posted as experiences by a few others who attended these events.

I did call DVC MS and the rep told me that I could go to a DVC resort and check in and get my bands and then leave my car there and take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and when we were done then I would take a bus back to the DVC resort and pick up my car. I did asked if there would be an issue leaving my car there and she told me no problem, I was wondering if anyone has done this in the past and had any issues with leaving their car

How early do you think we'd be able to check in at the DVC resort? I'll be at DHS during the day and going to MK after 8pm - Wondering if I can take the bus to BLT, check-in for event and walk over to MK around 8pm.

I did call DVC MS and the rep told me that I could go to a DVC resort and check in and get my bands and then leave my car there and take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and when we were done then I would take a bus back to the DVC resort and pick up my car. I did asked if there would be an issue leaving my car there and she told me no problem, I was wondering if anyone has done this in the past and had any issues with leaving their car

Normally driving to a resort is not an issue. However, I would recommend avoiding the Magic Kingdom resorts (Poly, GF, Contemporary) and BoardWalk. Probably Beach Club, too. Guests have been known to try and park at those locations for easier access to the MK and Epcot theme parks. Security staff is often more restrictive about letting people thru the gate at those locations.

If you drive over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, you won't have any trouble getting in. As soon as they see parking pass or scan your magic band, they'll wave you right in.

How early do you think we'd be able to check in at the DVC resort? I'll be at DHS during the day and going to MK after 8pm - Wondering if I can take the bus to BLT, check-in for event and walk over to MK around 8pm.
The email confirmation says:
Check In:
  • Please remember to bring your valid Membership Card and photo ID, as you'll need to present those upon check-in.
  • Entire party must check in together prior to event access.
  • Event check in at the entrance of Magic Kingdom® Theme Park will open at 8:00 pm.
  • Event check in at the 10 Disney Vacation Club® Resorts will begin at 6:00 pm

We are doing the party in the 3rd, but plan to be in the park at 5 for fp . Would it be better to wait and check in at hotel then go over? Staying at blt.

Event checkin for the 10 Disney Vacation Club® Resorts will begin at 6:00 pm

FWIW the reminder email stated 7 and that's the time the line seemed to start last night at Bay Lake.

We did not get a reminder email for the 2/24 event at all. So, it seems they went only out to certain people? We were not staying on Disney property though.

We checked in at the Wilderness Lodge at 6:05pm without any issues. They were all set up for check in by that time.

We got to the MK at around 8:10pm and there were long lines for check in there, we just walked into the parks with our wrist bands. However, there were lots of check-in lines and they seemed to move fairly quickly.

The transportation information from the email reminder contradicts itself. Starts off saying between MK & DVC Resorts, then says any WDW Resort.
Transportation & Parking: Complimentary transportation is available before, during and after the event between Magic Kingdom ® Park and Disney Vacation Club Resorts for Members and their Guests staying at any Walt Disney World ® Resort hotel.

The transportation information from the email reminder contradicts itself. Starts off saying between MK & DVC Resorts, then says any WDW Resort.

I took pictures of the event map:

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

On the map it states that there is transportation to all resorts.

Where at the dvc resorts is the check in for the party?

At the WL it was at the lobby concierge next to the front desk. That's where they have the park maps and where you can buy tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter