• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sad that I don't feel the magic.

disneyboundteacher

Disneyboundteacher
dh and I have been at wdw for a week and leave tomorrow. We come once or twice a year just us or with my brother and his family. The grandsons don't like it. That killed me as well. They are 6 and 8 and love only baseball. Anyway, I don't get the same feeling as I did years ago. Each time I try to force it, but leave disappointed. The crowds, the fast pass, the adr's, slow transportation, dirty resorts and parks, less staff, rude cast members, and high pricesseem to either be ever increasing or I need to take a break. We are not as active and cannot go like before. I just feel as if I have lost a good friend. We are going to save our $ and Dvc points for other travel and try cruises and other adventures. Maybe even try DL again since it is smaller.

That was always my fear when considering DVC. I decided against it. Your idea of using points for other destinations sounds like a good one. Sad that your grandsons don't like it. I have a couple of those as well.

I know that I prefer a little variety and only go to WDW every four years. That way I can focus on the new. As long as we're springing for airfare we visit other Orlando area parks and attractions.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way now. A break for a cruise would be good. I just got back from an Eastern Caribbean Cruise and it was just the change we needed for our late winter vacation.

go to Hawaii!

but I know how you feel. We have only been 4 times before now and didn't love it as much...it got better as the week progressed and the last 2 days were particularly awesome but overall...not as much...glad we are spending a week at the beach to recover. LOL.

but seriously if you like DVC, save up for Hawaii.

Sometimes you need to take a break from what you love to remember why it is you love it in the first place.

You know what cures me of ever thinking Disney is dirty? Florence and NYC.
You know what makes me wish for the convenience of ADRs? Being stuck somewhere near Monterey, CA with a hungry toddler and no place open that's good for a kid to eat.
You know what makes me appreciate CMs? The tired summer workers at our nearby amusement park.
I really have to agree with you about the quality of WDW transport recently, but you know what? It's got nothing on Rome.

Go out. See the world. Then come back, for a vacation from your other vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter