Sad to see writers shop go

Eddie

Mouseketeer
I read the blogger post about the writers shop closing. Kind of a bummer, we tended to stop there for a drink and the chocolate chip cookies. They are the ones they used to sell in the villians shop in DHS bot stopped selling them there. Wife loves those we always bring a bunch home. We will miss them both!!!

I'm not bummed by what they are doing at DHS, it needs to be done, however this little gem is something I'm going to miss. I really wish they would find another place on property to reopen this little store.

It's one of those unique things that disney offers.

We will miss Writer's Stop; it was always a place DH and I could stop for a pastry and a cup of coffee to enjoy a bit of quiet while waiting on other members of our party

I can see this being a closing temporary misunderstood rumor. I think there is a small section of streets of america that goes up against it that you can still walk up to and touch. I think this might be someone confusing they have to close it off while they finish demo and fix up the building for that section. Then again it could be a reason to remove it.. It's really hard to say as it's all the same building as scifi and abc and I can't see them needing that little corner for something else..

I do like the place but I have to be honest here, I rarely remember it's there or go into it when I see it. It was a nice hide from the heat in a nice comfy chair spot though :)

That's our favorite spot to get the carrot cake cookie!! We stop there every visit to HS, sometimes twice in a day!

I can see this being a closing temporary misunderstood rumor. I think there is a small section of streets of america that goes up against it that you can still walk up to and touch. I think this might be someone confusing they have to close it off while they finish demo and fix up the building for that section. Then again it could be a reason to remove it.. It's really hard to say as it's all the same building as scifi and abc and I can't see them needing that little corner for something else..

I do like the place but I have to be honest here, I rarely remember it's there or go into it when I see it. It was a nice hide from the heat in a nice comfy chair spot though :)
I don't think this is a misunderstanding. I think it's actually closing this time.

We discovered it on our last trip in 2014 after hearing about the carrot cake cookie and wa slooking forward to going back next year. Looks like I wont now though. Hope it is moved somewhere else rather then being gone for good.

We discovered it on our last trip in 2014 after hearing about the carrot cake cookie and wa slooking forward to going back next year. Looks like I wont now though. Hope it is moved somewhere else rather then being gone for good.
Carrot cake cookie was moved to another sweet shop at DHS.

We were able to get the carrot cake cookie there in August. Where can we get it now?

Honestly,when they removed the books and made it just like any other gift shop,it lost it's charm...

We were able to get the carrot cake cookie there in August. Where can we get it now?

Honestly,when they removed the books and made it just like any other gift shop,it lost it's charm...
You can get it on Sunset in one of the shops over there I believe.

Writers Stop was my wife and I's little getaway spot while the kids were on ST. This September we were able to go in one last time, but then realized that no one was in there and it was closed. Door was totally unlocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter