Safe Passage Rejected Documents

Kbalawen

Earning My Ears
I uploaded all (4) of our vaccination cards. Mine was approved, the other 3 rejected because they didn’t write in the lot numbers for the vaccine. I have emails with the lot numbers, but those emails don’t have the patient’s DOB on them. I tried to upload my husband’s to see if it works. I’m guessing they will reject it again. Can ‘I’ just hand write the lot numbers on the cards?? I have to go to my local pharmacy to get lot numbers for my kid’ second doses, and the local health dept. for the lot number on my son’s 1st dose. I don’t know why they only let you upload 2 weeks prior. Talk about anxiety!! Has anyone else had this issue? If they don’t clear our records, are we out of luck!?!? I don’t want to have to pay for testing, when we’re all CLEARLY vaccinated.

I uploaded all (4) of our vaccination cards. Mine was approved, the other 3 rejected because they didn’t write in the lot numbers for the vaccine. I have emails with the lot numbers, but those emails don’t have the patient’s DOB on them. I tried to upload my husband’s to see if it works. I’m guessing they will reject it again. Can ‘I’ just hand write the lot numbers on the cards?? I have to go to my local pharmacy to get lot numbers for my kid’ second doses, and the local health dept. for the lot number on my son’s 1st dose. I don’t know why they only let you upload 2 weeks prior. Talk about anxiety!! Has anyone else had this issue? If they don’t clear our records, are we out of luck!?!? I don’t want to have to pay for testing, when we’re all CLEARLY vaccinated.
They will not accept any handwritten cards once it is rejected. You have to download your records from the state at this point. Most states have immediate systems to get them no matter where you were vaccinated in that state.

And you are not alone- MANY MANY people on our upcoming sailing had things rejected and many for very weak reasons.
I originally sent saved copies directly from our state website. Safe Passage rejected as "file corrupted" (attached doc is clearly legible when I click on it). So I sent copies of the vaccination cards. Rejected for "unable to verify vaccination type and lot dose", both of which are clearly visible on the cards. I've resubmitted photographic copies of printouts of the state website but I only have a few days before I leave for my trip. So I may just have to show up at port with the actual documents and hope that the DCL staff have the wit and eyesight to verify them.

I agree, I have 2 cruises coming up. 10/29 and 11/6. So many people are getting rejected. Some have given up and scheduled to test. Some have been rejected because the lot numbers are not correct or missing, or dob missing. These are my 6th and 7th cruises since cruising began and I’ve never seen this happen on the other cruises. I’m good because my first upload was august 2021 and every cruise SP uses the same fully vaxed cards, even though I’ve had 3 boosters since.

I agree, I have 2 cruises coming up. 10/29 and 11/6. So many people are getting rejected. Some have given up and scheduled to test. Some have been rejected because the lot numbers are not correct or missing, or dob missing. These are my 6th and 7th cruises since cruising began and I’ve never seen this happen on the other cruises. I’m good because my first upload was august 2021 and every cruise SP uses the same fully vaxed cards, even though I’ve had 3 boosters since.
My situation exactly! I uploaded a fully vax card for first sailing since restart back in Sept 2021 for an Oct sailing and every time I sail now it says I am good since I am fully vaxxed! I continue to get boosters including the new bivalent one.

My situation exactly! I uploaded a fully vax card for first sailing since restart back in Sept 2021 for an Oct sailing and every time I sail now it says I am good since I am fully vaxxed! I continue to get boosters including the new bivalent one.

yep, just got the bivalent booster last week. Got the high dose flu shot the week before, wanted to time my shots out. Since I’m on a b2b I want to do everything I can to make it to the second cruise. My track record stinks. After April cruise I got covid and my September cruise I got the flu on the last few days (which I thought was covid, but tested negative 3 times over a 5 day period). I tell my husband I’ll probably end up with the common cold this time. Got my test kits packs, cough syrup, cough drops, Tylenol and Vicks inhaler. I'm ready! I’m persistent too!

Last edited:
yep, just got the bivalent booster last week. Got the high dose flu shot the week before, wants to time my shots out. Since I’m on a b2b I want to do everything I can to make it to the second cruise. My track record stinks. After April cruise I got covid and my September cruise I got the flu on the last few days (which I thought was covid, but tested negative 3 times over a 5 day period). I tell my husband I’ll probably end up with the common cold this time. Got my test kits packs, cough syrup, cough drops, Tylenol and Vicks inhaler. I'm ready! I’m persistent too!
I love it! If cruising is what we want to do we can find a way to persevere and press on just like you are doing. Glad you got the flu shot. The flu season in Australia was really bad this year and typically how severe the season is in Australia typically gives us insight into how bad the season for flu will be here in the states!

And you are not alone- MANY MANY people on our upcoming sailing had things rejected and many for very weak reasons.
I would LOVE to hear if DCL will approve your items at port. We sail 11/6 on the Fantasy out of Canaveral…I hate the crunch/stress. My county has a request website, luckily my county board of health is literally around the corner, we got many of our vaccinations at the board of health. I submitted the request for an in person pick up. Of course it’s the weekend, so now I have to try to be patient until tomorrow. Not a strong suit of mine! They should have a list of ‘common reasons for rejection’ so you can make SURE your cards don’t reject for a ‘stupid’ reason, when you could have fixed it before uploading.

We sail 11/6 - Fantasy out of Canaveral, is that your 2nd one? I til my husband - hey, my cards were good, I’ll go without you guys! We’ve only postponed this cruise 3x since COVID began. Our 1st everyone is excited and anxious….this added stress/anxiety doesn’t help.

My vaccination card was rejected despite the lot numbers being on the card and the dates on the card. Safe Passage stated that the lot numbers were incorrect. They also stated that the dates were incorrect. I then submitted the information from the public health website however because my vaccination comes from the federal side it only shows the type of vaccine and the date. Which according to the Safe Passage website is all that is required. They rejected that again stating that the dates were invalid. I have also received boosters. I emailed Safe passage both together in order to show that the vaccination card is not a fake. I also paid the money to test because I am concerned I won't be able to sail. I have not heard anything from Safe Passage about my email. When I called, the person said there were a ton of rejected people lately all of a sudden. I am beyond frustrated with the process and as this is my first Disney cruise it has really soured my experience. We have been out of state annual passholders for several years. This Safe passage experience has me so anxious that I am not even excited about my trip. Unless the cruise blows me out of the water it may be a one and done for us.

My kids’ cards did also say something about invalid dates, but it was kind of an ‘afterthought’ on the rejection. It specified missing lot numbers (and I’ll agree, they aren’t there…but if I knew they had to be, I would have put them on there, since I have them in other places). Then says to upload from official record from state/pcp. Thank you. After the ‘Thank you’ like the end of the statement, it says invalid dates, I just figured it said invalid dates since it couldn’t verify the lot numbers, they said there was no shot, and therefore the dates were invalid. Trying to be patient until I can get another record from the county board of health, I hope tomorrow.

We sail 11/6 - Fantasy out of Canaveral, is that your 2nd one? I til my husband - hey, my cards were good, I’ll go without you guys! We’ve only postponed this cruise 3x since COVID began. Our 1st everyone is excited and anxious….this added stress/anxiety doesn’t help.
Yes. That is my second one. Hopefully I’m on the ship lounging when you board. Hope you get everything sorted out! I’m in the FB group too. Still waiting for my room assignment. I booked the restricted fare and waiting impatiently for m6room. Hopefully this week.

Yes. That is my second one. Hopefully I’m on the ship lounging when you board. Hope you get everything sorted out! I’m in the FB group too. Still waiting for my room assignment. I booked the restricted fare and waiting impatiently for m6room. Hopefully this week.
Ooh? FB group??? Do tell! Lol. Newbie as far as cruising goes.

Ooh? FB group??? Do tell! Lol. Newbie as far as cruising goes.
Search your sail date and ship name and you should find a group! The only reason I figured out how to submit the stuff SafePassage wanted for my kids was someone in my group had the same problem and solved it first!

Good luck to you all with your Safe Passage issues. It is odd that all of sudden all these issues have popped up with SP. I cruised 6 times since cruising restarted and in all the FB groups for those cruises I have not read of anyone being rejected for the reasons you are mentioning. Maybe they are being more picky now? I have seen them be rejected for being blurry but that was it.

On our last cruise, on October 10th, I was submitting for 90 day recovered since I had covid at the end of July and was within the 90 day time frame. I submitted my positive PCR (from July) and my Dr. note (from September) and never heard back from them. I finally gave up and cancelled my submission of those docs and just took a test at Walgreen's 2 days before so I would at least have some documentation. I could have brought the PCR and Dr. note to the port I guess but it was frustrating that they didn't approve or deny the other docs when they clearly got them as I got an email saying so. I was "clear to sail" by 6 pm the night before the cruise.

MJ

I don't have an answer for you but when we submitted DH's card for our first post covid cruise it was rejected. No one ever wrote his DOB on it. :rolleyes: He just wrote it on and resubmitted and it was accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter