Safe Passage snafu (yet another one)

DenverDis

Earning My Ears
Sigh. DW and I were on the 10/8 Dream, so we both have Safe Passage accounts and preciously uploaded vax cards. Went to add “new reservation” for the 10/29 Halloween cruise (yes, I’ve missed DCL, can you tell!). Worked just fine for me. Not so for DW. Whether we log in first, or just go through the “add reservation” path, invariably the site eventually prompts for an email address where it can contact her with updates, etc. When we put in the email address we used for her SP passage account (what other email would we use?) we get an error message that the account is already in use (well duh!). Can’t get past that and we can’t skip that screen. Spent a good 45m on the phone (AFTER the long hold times) with each of SP and DCL. Neither could fix it or figure it out. Seems like just another unfortunate glitch in the SP system. So I told my wife I’m sure going to miss her on this cruise!!! 🤓 I kid, I kid, but if any repeat cruisers have encountered and solved this latest SP glitch please advise, and thanks!

I was on the Oct 1 sailing of the Wonder. Sitting, waiting for results from the covid test. The SP app said invalid email. I also had issues with the DCL navigator app. There were shore side IT people on board.
What they did was reset/refreshed? my Disney account which resolved all my issues. Not sure if this will help or not.

If you use Gmail, it doesn't recognize dots in the email address, so Syracuse DOT Wolvrine AT gmail DOT com would reach me just as well as SyracuseWolvrine AT gmail ... You could "create" a second email address this way. (Note, although I may have registered my username as my gmail account years ago, I'm not sure I ever created that address, and I certainly don't actually check it, so please don't email me there :) )

Gmail also lets you add a plus sign then additional text, for example SyracuseWolvrine PLUS disboards AT gmail would also get to me.

For anybody else having this issue, I just got off the phone and with Safe Passage and they have now confirmed it is a known glitch in their code, and they have an IT ticket open on this. The representative I talked with told me her previous 2 callers had this exact same problem. It is only an issue if you have sailed already and are sailing again (I know, tough problem to have right?). For some reason sometime you get stuck in a “‘do loop” when trying to add a new reservation for a return cruiser/Safe Passage user. I’ll update when they (hopefully!) have this fixed in case anyone else is encountering this same problem).

Does anyone have an update on this? Running into the same problem where, in adding an new reservation, it appears safe passage wants to also treat you as a new account and then fails to let you use an email address (used for signing in to begin with) since it was previously used.

Does anyone have an update on this? Running into the same problem where, in adding an new reservation, it appears safe passage wants to also treat you as a new account and then fails to let you use an email address (used for signing in to begin with) since it was previously used.
It’s back . . . .
After reporting this glitch last October, they appeared to have fixed this issue, as we did the 3-day Dream twice this year with no issues. Just went to do my Safe Passage dance for the 9/23 Dream. Same exact problem. Looks like another looong day with SP customer service tomorrow. I suspect with all the changes to precruise protocols SP lost the code fix they had in place for this known problem. HofM if you got this fixed can you update on how?

It’s back . . . .
After reporting this glitch last October, they appeared to have fixed this issue, as we did the 3-day Dream twice this year with no issues. Just went to do my Safe Passage dance for the 9/23 Dream. Same exact problem. Looks like another looong day with SP customer service tomorrow. I suspect with all the changes to precruise protocols SP lost the code fix they had in place for this known problem. HofM if you got this fixed can you update on how?
Significant other got a hold of the safe passage folks. They needed to consolidate what was our work around (multiple email addresses) into one for each. After that was done we told to follow along as if we were a new registration. By entering the same credentials that were on file it then took us to where we needed to go.

If this process still exists at the end of October (our next cruise) I'll let you know if it still works or we're back to square one.

Happy sailing!

Oh gosh.....we have another 10 days or so until we do SP again but I hope we don't run into issues. We have sailed a few times this year with no issue with SP so hope it will stay that way. We had a horrible time doing the check in for this cruise as there were 3 ships checking in on the same night and nothing but a spinning blue circle. Took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to check in 2 cabins. That is just crazy. Go back to letting people check in according to their CC status.

Thank goodness most of the ships are dropping testing on the 23rd....no more SP then. The Magic doesn't drop testing until Nov 7th

MJ

It’s back . . . .
I am a returning cruiser having cruised on the Dream in May and leaving Saturday on the Fantasty. I had no problems today signing in to safe passage and adding my upcoming reservation.

I received an email a couple of weeks ago from safe passage thanking me for completing my safe passage registration (which was done in May) and letting me know that I can log in at any time to view or update my information. I did not attempt to log in until today, luckily with no problems. Just curious if you received a similar email from them.

It’s back . . . .
I was dealing with the same issue last week and it took a couple phone calls and an email before they replied that it had been fixed. Hopefully the same is true for everyone.

I had issues with safe passage and spoke with DCL IT and also with safe passage It and email issues were resolved quickly, I was surprised with the customer service, I found it very good….I’m just waiting for my approval to sail…should take 24-48 hours!

We sail October 1st and tried to make an account today. We are within our 15 days, but it won't let us register. Do you think it will work tomorrow?

We sail October 1st and tried to make an account today. We are within our 15 days, but it won't let us register. Do you think it will work tomorrow?
If not, call DCL or safe passage phone number. Remember you need a separate email for each passenger which is a real pain

I created my Safe Passage account today and uploaded my vaccination card. It now says pending for approval on the vaccination card. Do I have to wait until its approved before I can order tests. I don't see any where to order tests as of right now.

I just was on safe passage a couple days ago because we have a cruise on Nov 12. We had already entered our vaccine info first s transatlantic cruise last may Once I put in the new reservation number it immediately knew who we were. I logged in for my husband and got a clear to sail immediately. Then I logged out and did my email address. Sane thing. No problem. Sorry if you’re having problems. If it were me I’d just add another gmail account for him and re submit the vaccine card photo.

No more safe passage needed starting Nov 14th, regardless of vax status. No more testing needed. just got an email, for anyone who has cruises starting then

No more safe passage needed starting Nov 14th, regardless of vax status. No more testing needed. just got an email, for anyone who has cruises starting then
That's good news! Now I'm anxiously awaiting my email... I tried calling and couldn't get through. DH got an email from safe passage to complete the pre-authorizations but I got nothing. I don't know if that has something to do with why I can't get my reservation added to my existing account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter