Safely Handling Food/Groceries

COVID-19 stays alive on plastic & hard surfaces for 3 days and 24 hours on cardboard. Unless those non perishables are all in cardboard, the 24 hours won't be enough. I haven't heard that cool temperatures affect it? Anyone know?
Our supermarket puts groceries in paper bags and then puts them in plastic, so the food is separated from the plastic. All of the food get dumped on a lysoled surface, I dispose of the bags, and then wash my hands. I then wipe off surfaces with a Lysol wipe. Cool temperatures don’t help, and freezing allows the virus to last a long time. Although the virus can live on plastic 3 days, it becomes weaker.

I have a cardboard box on my porch, delivered yesterday, I’ll get it today.

Our supermarket puts groceries in paper bags and then puts them in plastic, so the food is separated from the plastic. All of the food get dumped on a lysoled surface, I dispose of the bags, and then wash my hands. I then wipe off surfaces with a Lysol wipe. Cool temperatures don’t help, and freezing allows the virus to last a long time. Although the virus can live on plastic 3 days, it becomes weaker.

I have a cardboard box on my porch, delivered yesterday, I’ll get it today.

What about the containers themselves? I'm not just talking about the bags. If they are plastic or glass, the virus may still be live if someone handled or sneezed on them. If you aren't wiping them down, just make sure you are washing your hands after putting them away.

Last edited:
What about the containers themselves? I'm not just talking about the bags. If you aren't wiping them down, just make sure you are washing your hands after putting them away.
I wipe them all down, wash my hands, and then put them away. I figure I have all the free time in the world now, why not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter