Safety drill …animation when sailing away ..

4 mickey

4 MICKEY
Hi
I think no more safety drill are done
how is it done though you watch on tv ?

about no more sailing away party
is there some kind of music and a few cast members to make leaving the port ( moving away from port ) a little special ?

For the muster drill, you now go to your muster station and check in on the app. You are also required to watch a short safety video on the stateroom TV.

The full sail-away party has not yet returned.

Last edited:
After watching the video on TV, you will report to your muster station. Take your phone (that Has Disney Cruise Line app loaded). Do not take your life jacket.

At muster station, cast member checks you in. You hold camera up to designated spot near ceiling. And you are done. No standing around, waiting for late arrivals. Very quick and efficient.

The Panama Canal cruise, which sailed a month ago, had a Sail Away Party on pool deck. Looks like they are starting to come back. You will find out when you get onboard.

After watching the video on TV, you will report to your muster station. Take your phone (that Has Disney Cruise Line app loaded). Do not take your life jacket.

At muster station, cast member checks you in. You hold camera up to designated spot near ceiling. And you are done. No standing around, waiting for late arrivals. Very quick and efficient.

The Panama Canal cruise, which sailed a month ago, had a Sail Away Party on pool deck. Looks like they are starting to come back. You will find out when you get onboard.
Is this st the usual time it was ?
If I remember it was around ?430 ?

So I watch the video
And go to my muster station exemple G

Still cast members directing you in hallways ?

Thanks

So I watch the video

When we were on the Dream in January they had us go directly to our muster stations before doing anything else (cast members directing) and then we watched the video in our room later in the afternoon.

You find the muster station on your own. I sailed in both October and March. In October, boarding was regimented and you had to follow a certain sequence. In March, it was much more relaxed, and you went to the safety drill whenever you were ready that afternoon, so long as it was before a certain time. There were plenty of CMs around to help you with directions if needed.

Is this st the usual time it was ?
If I remember it was around ?430 ?

So I watch the video

Thanks
This is different than in the past. It is not at a fixed time.

The Cast Members will have safety vests or some designation. Yes, I felt there were many people around to direct you.

I went in September. More recent sailings are reported as following a similar procedure, if slightly different.

Most important: get it done before Sail Away so the ship can sail. Ideally, as soon as you eat lunch.

I think you are given written instructions at boarding.

(I took 3 cruises last fall, 3 different cruise lines, with similar but slightly different procedures in little details. So forgive me if I am not exact. But this should give you a fairly good idea.)
No scheduled time.
Watch a video.
Don’t take life jacket.
Take your room key and phone.
Check in with Cast Member at designated location.
No standing in a crowd.
Done.

On Fantasy in February we were directed to the muster station right after the boarding welcome. Then later in afternoon the video was played. We were in one of the adult lounges and they had screens there to watch the video (so you don't have to be in your stateroom). So easy!

People concerned with social distance will not find it there either just like bingo line. Many were confused was/wasn’t there a line? You couldn’t tell if people were trying to get through the hallway, or congregating for some private event. Short CMs are not easy to see through the group in the hall to know you found your muster spot. Probably not same experience at all muster stations but this hallway needed better directions. My experience was on the Fantasy in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter