Safety issue: American politics

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
Are you concerned about flying in the next month? A family member is overly anxious for us but we aren't anymore worried than a year ago.

I have to say that I have been anxious about flying since 9/11, but I am not any more anxious now than before. My dh did make the point that if you drive and something does happen, at least you would have your own transportation home without relying on the airlines, but when you consider all the flights in the course of a particular day - really, what are the chances that anything will go wrong on yours?

I feel that I am more likely to have a car accident driving to Florida than a plane accident. Either way, I don't worry about it much. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go, nothing I can do about it. I find a lot of comfort in 'letting go', it's all out of my hands. I just go on with life enjoying everything I can, be a good person and try not to get wrapped up in 'stuff'. So, no, I'm no more worried about flying than I ever was. PEACE, S

I'm not worried. The first time I took my family to WDW was September 22, 2001. We had been scheduled to go on the 15, but the planes hadn't started flying again yet. We flew down by Air Canada, and felt quite confident. The way I figured it, we were substantially safer flying on September 22, 2001 than we were any time before September 11, 2001. Security is a lot better now, and if someone were to try to hijack a plane, I don't think passengers or crew would be inclined to cooperate.

If it makes you feel better about having a family member be nervous about your flying, when I was eleven, my grandmother kept insisting that we were taking the train to Europe because she was so nervous at the thought of us flying there. And that was, well, more than a few years ago.

Ciao,
Mort.

We flew to Orlando on the 1st anniversary of 911 (Sept9th actually) and were not the least bit scared. You can't spend the rest of life not leaving home in case of an car accident, plane accident, etc. You have to get out and enjoy life!
'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter