Sailing on Fantasy twice in 2 months

emilymad

DIS Veteran
I am currently booked on a double dip on the Fantasy in July. I had originally booked the E Caribbean in September but had to cancel it to use my OBB in July. I am debating rebooking the September sailing but not sure if so close together would get old.

I am gold and have sailed the Fantasy several times already, have been to the E Caribbean multiple times, etc.

Is this too much? I would normally wait until I had finished the first sailing before booking another but it is a little close together this time.

We sailed the fantasy 8 night in October/November of 2022. Then the Pixar cruise 1/29. Then the 8 night Bermuda on 4/15, and are scheduled on the 9/30 eastern. 2 cruises in 2 months sounds perfect!

There's so much to do it could really be a totally different cruise. It depends if your a creature of habit and just go do the same stuff you did before . But that can be good also.
Perhaps cruising the same ship means you don't need to run around as much because you just did it on the last cruuse. It then truly becomes a real relaxing time. Thus you may find you like it better.

You're asking on a DCL forum if you can have too MANY cruises? You're not going to get a lot of naysayers here! LOL!

I wish I had this problem that I HAD to take two cruises in short succession. If you have the funds and can take the time from your job, heck ya! Go do it!

That would be too much for me. We like to mix up the ships and have at least a year between repeating a ship.

I would love a second cruise on the same ship soon afterwards. You can try different things on the menu. You can skip the shows and have empty pools. You can remember all the trivia answers and win the medals 😂

You're asking on a DCL forum if you can have too MANY cruises? You're not going to get a lot of naysayers here! LOL!

I wish I had this problem that I HAD to take two cruises in short succession. If you have the funds and can take the time from your job, heck ya! Go do it!

Very true but I thought I would ask anyway :rotfl2:

I know it is not a real problem but vacation dollars and time off of work is not infinite unfortunately.

I did a Merry Time on the Dream in Dec and a MDAS on the Dream end of Feb\March and while it was fine now I’m ready for a different ship.

My questions would be-

Do you enjoy trivia? It’s likely to be a repeat that soon on the same ship. Yes you will know the answers but that kills a lot of the fun and challenge IMO. (Plus you might get the same entertainment staff who will know you have already been to the trivia and already know the answers and that’s just awkward …)

Do you enjoy the shows on the Fantasy enough to want to see them again? (Assuming you enjoy shows) While I love The Golden Mickey’s on the Dream, there is only so much of it I can take.

You mentioned having been on an Eastern before. Are there port excursions you haven’t had a chance to try that you are looking forward to? Or places\excursions you have done before that you are eager to repeat?

Is there another ship you have been meaning to try out or get back on that might be a better fit?

Every time we've ever debarked I've always thought I could do this all over again. But for variety sakes, is there a possibility of you driving/flying to another port and sailing another ship?

To be clear, you're keeping the double dip, but asking if you should rebook the one you previously cancelled? Personally, I wouldn't only because waiting a short while means a Halloween theme, and a little longer is Christmas.

Every time we've ever debarked I've always thought I could do this all over again. But for variety sakes, is there a possibility of you driving/flying to another port and sailing another ship?

To be clear, you're keeping the double dip, but asking if you should rebook the one you previously cancelled? Personally, I wouldn't only because waiting a short while means a Halloween theme, and a little longer is Christmas.

Unfortunately due to work schedules it is either early September or not at all. We are definitely keeping the double dip but unsure about doing the September cruise. I would have tried the Magic to Bermuda but the dates don't work out this year.

I did a Merry Time on the Dream in Dec and a MDAS on the Dream end of Feb\March and while it was fine now I’m ready for a different ship.

My questions would be-

Do you enjoy trivia? It’s likely to be a repeat that soon on the same ship. Yes you will know the answers but that kills a lot of the fun and challenge IMO. (Plus you might get the same entertainment staff who will know you have already been to the trivia and already know the answers and that’s just awkward …)

Do you enjoy the shows on the Fantasy enough to want to see them again? (Assuming you enjoy shows) While I love The Golden Mickey’s on the Dream, there is only so much of it I can take.

You mentioned having been on an Eastern before. Are there port excursions you haven’t had a chance to try that you are looking forward to? Or places\excursions you have done before that you are eager to repeat?

Is there another ship you have been meaning to try out or get back on that might be a better fit?

We do like trivia but we don't hit everyone during a cruise and that would count on us remembering the answers. This will be our 9th and 10th DCL cruises and we have never been to any of the shows. We are not show people but we do like the movies and some of the entertainers they bring on for the longer sailings.

We really want to try the Celebrity Edge class but unfortunately those only do the Caribbean during the winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter