"Life is just a Fantasy!"
Sailing on the Disney Fantasy 4/18/2015

capture97.jpg

#######

ITINERARY

April 18, Day 1: Port Canaveral, Florida
April 19, Day 2: At Sea
April 20, Day 3: At Sea
April 21, Day 4: St. Thomas/St. John, USVI (8AM - 5:45PM)
April 22, Day 5: San Juan, Puerto Rico (7:45AM - 4:45PM)
April 23, Day 6: At Sea
April 24, Day 7: Castaway Cay (9:45AM - 4:45PM)
April 25, Day 8: Port Canaveral, Florida (7:30AM)

#######

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CRUISE PARTY ...
Please take a moment to COPY the following six (6) lines ... click POST REPLY, then PASTE as a new message (deleting the RED verbiage and replacing it with information about you and your party).

1) Number of adults / children in your group: 2 adults (one acts like a child)
2) Names of adults in your group: Steven & Donna
3) Ages of children in your party (at your discretion): none
4) General location of where you currently live: Suburban Philadelphia
5) Castaway Club Level: Platinum
6) Disney Vacation Club owner?: Since 1994

#######

WHO IS WHO? updated 3/19/2014

For those who are new to posting on DISboards, please remember to include your name at the end of your post (especially if it is not obvious by your USERid) ... it makes it easier to know who is who. This can be done by typing in your name at the end of each post, or creating a signature via your USER CP.

#######

FE DETAILS: As the sail date approaches, we'll close the FE list membership so people can get their shopping and crafting done. Decisions have been made to limit the Exchange Lists to 15 staterooms. We will have multiple lists with membership of not more than 15 staterooms each. You can be on more than one list if you would like.

Robin is organizing the ROLL CALL. Clarissa Sandoval is organizing the FE Exchange.
Robin will provide FE Exchange registration information to Clarissa.
You'll make Robin & Clarissa's day by signing up sooner rather than later!

#######

ROLL CALL updated 5/26/2014

If desired, you may also request to be removed from the ROLL CALL at any time by emailing Robin at robinpgma@gmail.com. If you do not hear from Robin within a few days, please email her.

Clarissa Sandoval is organizing the FE Exchange.
Robin is organizing the ROLL CALL.

#######

EMBARKATION DAY MEET & GREET updated 5/26/2014

When: Embarkation Day, Saturday, 4/18/15, 3:00PM
Where: D-Lounge, Deck 4

Watch for the guy wearing the Mickey Mouse ears ... you will know whether he's really GOOFY!

See you all on board ...

#######

DISboards PRIVATE MESSAGING
In order to be able to send or receive PRIVATE MESSAGES on DISboards, you must first have posted 10 separate messages on DISboards. In the past, others have posted a series of small, quick public messages on DISboards, in order to build up their thread-post count. If you wish to increase your DISboards thread-post count, consider posting separate DISboards messages with small tid-bits of information, such as:
- In one post, tell us how many Disney Cruises you have been on previously, or if the is your first DCL cruise.
- Once you post that message, begin another message, telling us what other cruise lines you have sailed on previously, if any.
- Once that message has posted, tell us why you selected Disney Cruise Line ...
- Next message ... tell us why you selected the Southern Caribbean itinerary
- Next message ... ask a general question of those of us on DISboards. It could be related to use of DIS or cruising in general.
- Keep posting quick messages, until you get to TEN posts ... at which point, you will be able to send and receive DISboards PRIVATE MESSAGES.

#######

DCL SPECIAL SERVICES updated 3/19/2014

For guests, or those traveling with guests who require special needs ... whether it be medical, vision, hearing, ambulatory (etc) ... read on:

DCL Special Services is a small group of DCL personnel, who work with shore side services, to make your DCL stateroom more accommodating, to suit your special needs, where applicable. This do NOT mean they will arrange for a birthday cake, or Bon Voyage banner for you. Rather, guests with severe sight restrictions ... severe hearing restrictions ... mobility issues ... medical issues ... DCL Special Services MAY be able to help. Here are a few examples:

1) Do you require a sharps containers for syringes?

2) For those with severe sight issues ...
a) it may be possible to have bulbs in some existing light fixtures upgraded to a higher wattage.
b) it may be possible to request an enlarged version of the Daily Navigator.
b) it may be possible to request BOOK SENSE ... a portable, electronic device which is delivered nightly, in lieu of your Daily Navigator. A cast member personally records all events of the Daily Navigator, by voice, to suit your needs (you may choose to omit certain sections - as an example, if you do not have kids, they will omit kids activities, at your request - check with the Officer in charge of Book Sense once you board the Magic). Currently, you cannot request the enlarged Navigator PLUS Book Sense ... but you are able to change methods during the cruise, if your needs change, or if you would like to try another service.

3) For those with special mobility issues, it may be possible to have some furniture removed prior to embarkation (ie: removal of a night stand, steamer trunk, table/stool @ love seat).

4) If you require a wheelchair or scooter, please FIRST check with your Travel Agent. DCL Special Service does not provide rental services, but rather, may refer you to contractors and merchants who meet Disney requirements. Remember, Disney now requires wheelchairs, walkers and scooters to be moved within each stateroom ... they may no longer be left in stateroom hallways. If you are obtaining a scooter from a 3rd party or local merchant, MAKE SURE they know the scooter must be able to be FOLDED, and is able to fit through the stateroom door.

Please contact DCL Special Services at 407/566-3602 AT LEAST 60 days prior to sailing (there is much to coordinate between the ship and shore side). No service is ever guaranteed, but DCL Special Services will work with merchants on shore, to accommodate special needs, where/when available. Please understand, some of these special services may not be available when sailing from special ports (ie: Mediterranean, Galveston, Miami, San Juan, etc) ... as DCL may have to outsource special assistance.

#######

SHIPBOARD INTERNET PRICING STRUCTURE: updated 3/6/2014

DCL is changing their pricing structure for the internet - it will be based on data used rather than time spent online. Fees for the internet will be based on DATE USED instead of time spent online. These changes will take effect on the Disney Magic on 2/3/14, the Disney Dream on 2/16/14, the Disney Wonder 2/26/14, and the Disney Fantasy on 3/8/14.

New pricing:
Pay as you go - $0.25/megabyte
Small package - 100 megabytes for $19 ($0.19/megabyte)
Medium package - 300 megabytes for $39 ($0.13 per megabyte)
Large package - 1,000 megabytes for $80 ($0.09 per megabyte)
Concierge guests in Cat S, T, and V will get 100 free megabytes of internet.
Concierge guests in Cat R will get free internet for the length of the cruise.

#######

A NOTE FROM DCL, REGARDING POWER STRIPS AND EXTENSION CORDS updated 3/4/14
As posted by THE DIS on 3/3/14: Power strips, extension cords and other such devices are no longer permitted on any of the Disney Cruise Line ships. There will be extension cords available at Guest Services that can be borrowed for a $50 deposit. These will be available on a first come first served basis. If a guest needs one for a CPAP or medical device, one will be made available.

Steven

Patriots' Day week, Massachusetts school vacation. We had a blast in 2013. Hoping we can make it work in 2015 too, booked just in case.

I just booked this as well! It's our first cruise. Seriously, the wait is already torturing me. Can you tell me how crowded it was?

Can you tell me how crowded it was?
I can't compare to other cruises, since April 2013 was my family's first cruise. We had about 5 sets of fish extender groups (10-15 cabins each). The family pools were busy, but my kids had fun in them anyway. We got to do our desired shore excursions--I signed us up the morning those opened. Busy on the decks but we could find chairs without too much trouble.

Oops, sorry about that, I didn't see any link to it when I booked opening day (non-platinum). So I thought the protocol was to post to the "find your thread" thread, then later the thread owner or moderator would make a link in the first post?

Anyway, no matter, glad we're all going on a cruise! And we can get the moderators to merge the threads, right? How does one get their attention to do that?

IrishCowboy is the one who posts the links to the threads. Apparently, he will not be doing anything, until moderators make the FIND YOUR 2015 CRUISE links "sticky." I am not sure why there is a delay ... it was confusing to me, as he asked me to re-post my request at least once. I have created new threads before, and never had any issues. I currently maintain an existing CRUISE MEET thread for one of the Southern Caribbean cruises in the Fall of 2014 (DCL Magic).
:beach:

Steven

We are booked! Planning to take our two kids (will be 5 and 4 then). Hubby might not be able to take off work, so grandma will gladly join us! This will be our second Disney cruise.

ok so im not sure if im doing this right. lol Im planning on going on the april 18 2015 cruise on the fantasy for my sons 4th birthday and I was looking online at things and came across fish extender groups and found this page I have never done it so I guess my question is this were I go to find out more about it and talk with the people who plan on doing it?

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise!

Have a great cruise!

Have a great cruise!

Would you please merge the duplicate threads? This thread was posted 11/13, while the other was posted 11/14. We should only have a single thread.

A NOTE FROM DCL, REGARDING POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS updated 3/4/14
As posted by THE DIS on 3/3/14: Power strips, extension cords and other such devices are no longer permitted on any of the Disney Cruise Line ships. There will be extension cords available at Guest Services that can be borrowed for a $50 deposit. These will be available on a first come first served basis. If a guest needs one for a CPAP or medical device, one will be made available.

Hello! We are currently booked on this cruise as well! Sort of pending seeing the new itineraries, but my guess is we stick with this one. We re-booked on the eastern Caribbean in November, but we didn't get to see enough of St. Thomas and we wanted San Juan, so we're excited about this itinerary. It will be me, DH, DS (then 5), DD (then 2) and my parents. It will be everyone's third cruise, except DD (who wasn't born on the first cruise).

We don't typically do FEs (because I don't like to make time commitments on my vacation), but looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi all ..we are booked on this cruise and very excited as it will be our first Disney cruise! !.(hubby and I went on one a couple years ago but not disney)...and first trip for my kids age 3 and 7. Also we are celebrating my daughters 8th birthday that week as well.
My question is how do we know how many FE s to bring..will we be given a list of room numbers etc..and how far in advanced do we find out?? Or is there another section or website I need to go on...thanks for the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter