Sailing Solo on the Wonder 8/31

bobf320

Mouseketeer
Hi All-
I will be sailing solo oln August 31. I was wondering if anyone else will be on the ship also. Please post or e-mail me if you are, and would like to meet up.
Thanks-
Bob

First off I just want to say welcome to the Dis. Unfortunately I'm not taking a cruise :( , but I did want to ask if you could post a trip report when you get back. I'd love to know how a solo cruise goes over. A friend of mine has been trying to get me to take a cruise for a couple of years now and I just might do it. So please let us know how your solo cruise goes.

Steven

Hi Steven-
Thanks for replying! It is still not too late to go!! I will however let you know how things went as soon as I get back.
Thanks again for replying!
Bob

Welcome to the DIS, I'm so glad you decided to join us.

I loved my Disney cruise. I wasn't solo but spoke with a few people who were and they were very happy about it.

Will you let me know if you write a trip report after your cruise? I like to post links on this board about solo and adults only trips for everyone to enjoy.

I hope you can visit us often. The adults and solo travelers board is a little quiet but it's growing :)

Katholyn

Hi Katholyn!
Thank-You also for replying!! I will let you know when I get back, how things worked out. I have been a lurker for quite a while, both on the adults and solo board, and also the main boards. I usually am here quite a few times during the day, but just started posting.
The only part of the cruising I am nervous about, is the table sitting for dinner. I would really feel out of place if everyone is paired up. What I have been thinking to do, is to go the first night and see what it is like. If I don't fit in, I now that I can go up on deck and have dinner there.
We'll see!!
Full report when I get back, I promise!
Bob

<i>Or</i> if you are uncomfortable eating alone there is always that <b>free</b> room service ;)

Bob, I don't think you will feel uncomfortable in the dining room. I have done 5 Wonder cruises, with 3 of them solo. I have 4 more coming up - all solo (one on the Magic but I might change that). The only time I felt out of place was when I went to breakfast in Triton's on debarkation day. All my tablemates were already off the ship to catch an early flight, so I was totally alone at the table. But lunch and dinner are usually not a problem, and most people are friendly.

Taswira-
Thanks for posting a reply!! Hopefully, I will have the same luck as you!!
Bob

Hi Bob...
I'll be on the 8/31 Wonder - taking my nephew as his 10th birthday present. It would be great to have an adult to hang out with when he is at the kids activities.

This will be my 3rd cruise on the Wonder. My other two trips were sort of solo - I was with friends rather than family so it was more of a solo dynamic. Both were great and I'm really looking forward to August. If you want to find out more about me, I did write a trip report from February - it is on the DCL trip report board here at the DIS.

Hi Pam!
Glad to hear that someone else fronm the Board is going! WHen the time gets closer, lets plan to meet, ok?
Thanks for posting, and I look forward to meeting you in August!
Bob:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter