Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

Hi! I haven't posted in a long long time! Sorry!

I would like to know (please PM me) (I don't do that Facebook thing) if you or anyone in your party is celebrating anything on this cruise---ie any birthdays, anniversaries, losing a job---no joke---my last Dis-group sailing in March had a few interesting celebrations---I like to keep Hallmark in business and give out cards---and stickers! You don't even have to be part of the FE---I just leave them on the fish (or seahorse) since that is what Disney made them for---to leave msgs on!

I'll just need the name, age (if birthday), how many years married (if anniv), cabin # and I'll do the rest!

My husband Tom and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniv. on October 7th. I am totally addicted to Disney cruising! Tom just goes along for the ride---a warning to you all---he is somewhat of a jinx---if we miss Castaway Cay---it will be his fault! He is 0 and 2 for getting to CC. Sigh.

I would like to know (please PM me) (I don't do that Facebook thing) if you or anyone in your party is celebrating anything on this cruise---ie any birthdays, anniversaries, losing a job---no joke---my last Dis-group sailing in March had a few interesting celebrations---I like to keep Hallmark in business and give out cards---and stickers! You don't even have to be part of the FE---I just leave them on the fish (or seahorse) since that is what Disney made them for---to leave msgs on!

I'll just need the name, age (if birthday), how many years married (if anniv), cabin # and I'll do the rest!

My husband Tom and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniv. on October 7th. I am totally addicted to Disney cruising! Tom just goes along for the ride---a warning to you all---he is somewhat of a jinx---if we miss Castaway Cay---it will be his fault! He is 0 and 2 for getting to CC. Sigh.

This is sort of my son's birthday cruise. He turns 5 the next month. His name is Logan. Oh, I can't PM yet. I don't have enough posts, or I just don't know how.

Hi again!

I'm so used to being part of a large Dis group---I've delivered FE gifts to over 120 cabins at a time---really really great exercise----and since my gift is time-sensative---I deliver them into the wee hours of the first night.

Will I have the option of giving FE gifts to all of the cabins participating if I so choose? Please:-) I certainly wouldn't expect to receive that many in return from this group as I see that we are being broken up into groups---I've never been broken up into a group before but I certainly understand. I've had as few as 12 cabins participating on a 3 night---the over 120 was on a Panama Canal cruise---we also made hundreds of nametags for that cruise---it was fun to run into people from our gruop by just noticing the nametag on the lanyard.

Other things I've done with a group besides the meet and greet and the FE: we had a special cruise logo made to use on magnets, tees and other items; wristbands made; lanyards made; secret Mickey gift exchange (like secret Santa); Champagne Girls; group photo on CC; early morning coffee meets/late-night close-the-clubs down meets. Just a really good time with new friends!

I'm game to try to organize something if you all want to participate. I've never been on a 7 night cruise---I found that I was always busy on the 15 night PC cruise----so maybe just trying to relax and just enjoy what Disney has to offer will be fine;-)

Posted on June 26, 2012

You have already joined the FE Exchange and I have sent out an updated FE List to everybody. I just need your Stateroom number, so the participants know what Stateroom you are in. I am trying very hard so this thread does not die and not too confusing.

Beth

Hi Beth, Thanks for adding me. I don't have a stateroom number yet. When I try to log in it says I have to wait until July 20? to see all that info. Do others have stateroom assignments yet? I wonder why I don't. hummmmm

Laura D

Hi!

Will there be a white dry-erase board on someone's door to post any cabin number changes---you know, for those lucky people who get upgrades at check-in?

We will have one on our door---cabin 9060---I doubt we'll be lucky enough to get an upgrade. Sigh.

Hi Beth, Thanks for adding me. I don't have a stateroom number yet. When I try to log in it says I have to wait until July 20? to see all that info. Do others have stateroom assignments yet? I wonder why I don't. hummmmm

Laura D

No problem at all, glad to do it. Do you have a GTY? Or did you go through a travel agent?

Hi again!

I'm so used to being part of a large Dis group---I've delivered FE gifts to over 120 cabins at a time---really really great exercise----and since my gift is time-sensative---I deliver them into the wee hours of the first night.

Will I have the option of giving FE gifts to all of the cabins participating if I so choose? Please:-) I certainly wouldn't expect to receive that many in return from this group as I see that we are being broken up into groups---I've never been broken up into a group before but I certainly understand. I've had as few as 12 cabins participating on a 3 night---the over 120 was on a Panama Canal cruise---we also made hundreds of nametags for that cruise---it was fun to run into people from our gruop by just noticing the nametag on the lanyard.

Other things I've done with a group besides the meet and greet and the FE: we had a special cruise logo made to use on magnets, tees and other items; wristbands made; lanyards made; secret Mickey gift exchange (like secret Santa); Champagne Girls; group photo on CC; early morning coffee meets/late-night close-the-clubs down meets. Just a really good time with new friends!

I'm game to try to organize something if you all want to participate. I've never been on a 7 night cruise---I found that I was always busy on the 15 night PC cruise----so maybe just trying to relax and just enjoy what Disney has to offer will be fine;-)

If you wish to deliver gifts to all that are participating in the FE Exchange you can. If you look at my signature I had a cruise logo created by somebody DISign thread, if you need a larger pic of it let me know, I have it on my photobucket account and can send you the link if needed.

Hi!

Will there be a white dry-erase board on someone's door to post any cabin number changes---you know, for those lucky people who get upgrades at check-in?

We will have one on our door---cabin 9060---I doubt we'll be lucky enough to get an upgrade. Sigh.

No, as far as I know there will be no dry erase board with changes. If somebody gets an upgrade they can go to your stateroom and make the changes. I will advise everybody in my next updated FE lit that you will have that on your door.

Hi again!

120?? :scared1: Most I have done was around 65. And I like to deliver mine late the first night also!
You most certainly can give FE's to both groups if you want. I plan to.
We will be cruising with about 50 to 60 local friends and there is always something happening with this bunch. However, I like the idea of other "get together" options. Not sure we can make them all, but we would try to make a couple at least!! Great ideas!

Allen aka BigRed1

Hi again!

Hi cardidog,
My family will exchange fish extender gifts with you. Olivia (we call her Livie) will be turning 13 on the cruise on October 8th.:cake:

Hi!

I had the same question. I don't know how the upgrades work. Do you go to your old room first. If you're not in the room that you planned, how are we going to know because you will have your dry erase board on your new door. How are we going to find it?:confused3

No problem at all, glad to do it. Do you have a GTY? Or did you go through a travel agent?

GTY? I didn't know what that was. I had to look it up. LOL

I'm not sure if we have that or not. My parents booked this cruise for our family. I'm sure we'll get a cabin number soon. Believe me, I keep checking. :goodvibes

I had the same question. I don't know how the upgrades work. Do you go to your old room first. If you're not in the room that you planned, how are we going to know because you will have your dry erase board on your new door. How are we going to find it?:confused3
You will go to your NEW room. If you get upgraded, most likely, it is because they assigned your room to someone else. We were upgraded once because we (2 people) had a room with the pull down bunk and I'm sure they needed it for a larger family. Getting upgraded is nice, but it can put a kink in the works. Our upgrade was on our B2B and we had the same room booked for both cruises so we wouldn't have to move, and we wound up having to move anyway...

thank you very much and if i personalize something would you like your name like your username? :confused3 same goes for your wife.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!:cheer2:

Our nicknames are fine ;) ... we both picked it up at work so long ago and it stuck :goodvibes

Thanks!

Someone noticed I was here. Yay!!!!

images

There you are! :rotfl:

Happy forthcoming Anniversary :Pinkbounc ! Our 20th is also in October but on the 3rd (which we will be celebrating on the Western Itinerary) ... on this Eastern leg, we will be celebrating my :sad1: th milestone birthday as I turn :scared: shortly after. I'll PM you later when I get a chance ... are you on the FE list as I couldn't locate you?

Oh ... and BTW ... 120 cabins????!!!!!! You must have been wearing these ...
images
:goodvibes

Hi again!

Heyo!

I know when me and my family last did FE it went really well with just one group. I am sort of mad that there is separate groups because it lessens the fun! Well I know that we have some people on here that wish to exchange with everyone and that they are going to do so. So i say to @TaTa4now1968 why not just make it one big group. If people want to exchange with only certain people let them do so. Because all of this some groups big group thing is getting super confusing. Just make it one group, and let the people who only want to exchange with certain people do so.

Heyo!

I know when me and my family last did FE it went really well with just one group. I am sort of mad that there is separate groups because it lessens the fun! Well I know that we have some people on here that wish to exchange with everyone and that they are going to do so. So i say to @TaTa4now1968 why not just make it one big group. If people want to exchange with only certain people let them do so. Because all of this some groups big group thing is getting super confusing. Just make it one group, and let the people who only want to exchange with certain people do so.

I have been doing this from the beginning and if you have read people have suggested that it be broken up so they could afford to do it! Please read the previous threads to see how everybody else feels. If you want to give everybody an FE that is fine, but it is not fair to make people, especially if they have been here from the beginning to do their own FE group if they can only afford to do a smaller group and have limited baggage space. Maybe you should start you own FE group if this is the way you feel!

One of the main reasons I also split the group up the way I did, besides making more affordable, was to keep you and your fellow teenagers in one group so you can exchange with each other. This list is going to grow before the August cut off date.

I think the starting your own FE Group comment was mean spirited, and frankly not needed. We were here from the start and were on the original list and got moved. We didnt join the FE group just to "exchange with teenagers" My daughter loves to make things for the little kids. I think the root of this is issue is how peoples points of view differ. Some people give family gifts, others give individual gifts, you seem to feel strongly in individual gifts. The list we were moved to is smaller, and yes it lessons the fun. We do FE's for fun, to add to the fun of the cruise. My daughter has already spent hours on our Fe's. She simply put out a question to you, and you really hurt her feelings, nice. Happy Sailing.

I think the starting your own FE Group comment was mean spirited, and frankly not needed. We were here from the start and were on the original list and got moved. We didnt join the FE group just to "exchange with teenagers" My daughter loves to make things for the little kids. I think the root of this is issue is how peoples points of view differ. Some people give family gifts, others give individual gifts, you seem to feel strongly in individual gifts. The list we were moved to is smaller, and yes it lessons the fun. We do FE's for fun, to add to the fun of the cruise. My daughter has already spent hours on our Fe's. She simply put out a question to you, and you really hurt her feelings, nice. Happy Sailing.

I was referring to her comment about the people who do not want to give to everybody to start their own group and not participate in the one already started, I really do not care about the whole individual gifts anymore. I thought your daughter calling me out was a little mean and making look like I am doing this all wrong. She could have pm'd and I would have not been hurt myself.

When doing the original split up, I was under the impression that everybody was doing individual gifts, If just came out recently about the group gifts and if you look at it that way, I was going by the amount of people in the cabins, not the room itself.

I was referring to her comment about the people who do not want to give to everybody to start their own group and not participate in the one already started, I really do not care about the whole individual gifts anymore. I thought your daughter calling me out was a little mean and making look like I am doing this all wrong. She could have pm'd and I would have not been hurt myself.

When doing the original split up, I was under the impression that everybody was doing individual gifts, If just came out recently about the group gifts and if you look at it that way, I was going by the amount of people in the cabins, not the room itself.
First you knew/know she is a child, she may have not stated it the best way, but you are an adult. Sorry your feelings were hurt, but, she meant it as a suggestion because, I guess those of us who have done this before have kind of been confused from the start because of the confusion of group/individual gifts. We booked a cruise to relax and have some fun, so I guess we will just see who wants to exchange with everyone and just go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter