Salivary Stones???

Am_I_There_Yet

Tells little white lies about Santa<br><font color
Why me? Why when you turn 40 does your body start to fall to pieces and new medical terms start to become a part of your vocabulary?

My "mumps" morphed in a blocked salivary gland and now that's been diagnosed as salivary stones. I didn't know such things even existed!

I'm on new antibiotics and if this doesn't work, they're going to have to remove the stone and possibly the gland too.

You know... I just want the simple things in life. To eat and not have my neck blow up like a lizard would be very nice. :rolleyes:

I read your post about this on the CB. Sounds very painful! Hoping the antibiotics help.

I can sympathize, I had a blocked salivary duct a couple of years ago. The antibiotics did the trick, but when it started draining - YUCK!

Good luck, hope the drugs do the trick, and yes 40 ish is when the memo gets sent off that the warranty on your body is about to expire and the maker will not be held responsible for the outcome. :teeth:

mamacatnv said:
I can sympathize, I had a blocked salivary duct a couple of years ago. The antibiotics did the trick, but when it started draining - YUCK!

That started happening to me yesterday. It was mighty tasty with the nachos I was TRYING so desperately to eat. :crazy2:

I had the appointment already since I wasn't getting any better. I'm glad I went (and ENT this time) because he thinks he feels a stone. I'm on 500mg of Levaquin and I hate the way it's making me feel!

Good luck, hope the drugs do the trick, and yes 40 ish is when the memo gets sent off that the warranty on your body is about to expire and the maker will not be held responsible for the outcome. :teeth:

Love it! I have to remember that one... :lmao:

Hugs to you.....No, I have never heard of Salivary stones, but nothing surprises me anymore..

I do hope they go away without any surgery..

I had never heard of them either until a few months ago when I got one. It was one of the most painful things ever! Luckily, mine went away. I hope yours does too. :grouphug:

Shugardrawers said:
I had never heard of them either until a few months ago when I got one. It was one of the most painful things ever! Luckily, mine went away. I hope yours does too. :grouphug:

It just went away? Gawd, I hope that happens to me!

I was told it could just push through and I guess it did. I spent a couple of days saying very UN dis like words every time I ate and then suddenly it was all over. I was just sure I had the mumps because I was starting to swell so much!

I had an infected salivary gland removed when I was a child. I hope your condition improves without surgery.

Shugardrawers said:
I was told it could just push through and I guess it did. I spent a couple of days saying very UN dis like words every time I ate and then suddenly it was all over. I was just sure I had the mumps because I was starting to swell so much!

Same here! The ENT told me that they can be as small as a grain of sand. Who knew?

I think the Wellbutrin I'm taking may have contributed to it, since it dries out my mouth.

safetymom said:
I had an infected salivary gland removed when I was a child. I hope your condition improves without surgery.

Does it cause you to always have a dry mouth?

I can not get enough water right now! As soon as it's down my throat, my mouth gets dry again.

safetymom said:
I don't remember what is was like before surgery but I always have water with me. :)

And the glass is always half full, right? :thumbsup2

I had one of those. Very very painful! They ended up just removing the gland. Unfortunately I ended up with some muscle damage in the neck so sometimes I get this cramp like feeling. It have to turn my head to the right and stretch out my neck for it to uncramp. :confused3

It sucks, but I just add it the list of other stupid things I have wrong with my body! LOL
Good luck. I hope it goes away for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter