Samantha Brown made me cry! I have to use coupons again! A 2010 PTR~

Joining in for your pre-trip fun. It sounds like the makings of a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

Stayed at the WL back in 2005 the first week of December. LOVED IT... now we are a family of 5, so WL doesn't work for our family anymore. One day, when it's just me and DH again, we'll head back over there!

Subbing!! Love your ptr so far! I've always wanted to stay at WL but for my Spring Break trip in April we can only swing the mod. hotels so we've decided on Port Orleans Riverside--but enough about me :) You're kids are PRECIOUS!!! Oh--here's a link to my ptr! Feel free to comment :) http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2380870[/URL][/URL]

I'm in. Love your PTR. I'm thinking of starting one myself but a little intimidated since we're far out too (Sept) :confused3. Can't wait to read more updates.

You are way closer than me! Start it on up!!!:hippie: It is so great to have other ppl excited about our trip, totally makes the already huge excitement grow!

Joining in for your pre-trip fun. It sounds like the makings of a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

Stayed at the WL back in 2005 the first week of December. LOVED IT... now we are a family of 5, so WL doesn't work for our family anymore. One day, when it's just me and DH again, we'll head back over there!

We are hoping Pixie Dust sprinkles on this trip like it did with the last trip! We know that eventually we are going to have to move to the bunk bed rooms, luckily the WL has them!:banana:

Subbing!! Love your ptr so far! I've always wanted to stay at WL but for my Spring Break trip in April we can only swing the mod. hotels so we've decided on Port Orleans Riverside--but enough about me :) You're kids are PRECIOUS!!! Oh--here's a link to my ptr! Feel free to comment :) http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2380870[/URL][/URL]

DH says that our first mistake was staying at the WL on our first trip and it completely ruined use staying anywhere else. I don't buy into that, I am going to get him to try out other resorts if it kills me! I think the kids would LOVE the POP or ASMo, but not sure the room would be big enough for us (the beds). I think POR looks so beautiful and I would love to stay there!

I will try and read through your PTR today!!! I love PTR's and TR's!!

I love your title:lovestruc I love Samantha Brown specials, I am convinced she has the best job on earth!!!

I put in my application but haven't heard back from the Travel network...:confused3

Hi there! I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!

We're going in April 2010 and are staying at SSR for 2 nights and AKL for 6 nights but I seriously considered WL. I think next time we'll do WL and BLT. We rented points from a DVC owner...it's such a great value that you can get a deluxe resort for a moderate (or even value) resort price!! We decided on the regular DDP and once we've been and gone we'll decide what we want to do for next time.

I'm excited to hear more about your plans. I'm like you...I calculated a million scenarios before we booked and then my ADR's have changed a ton since first booking.

I'm really sorry that you got no responses during the first couple of days of your PTR. I felt really bad when reading them today. But there are lots on board now, so I hope you feel better.

Can't wait for more.

Hi there! I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!

We're going in April 2010 and are staying at SSR for 2 nights and AKL for 6 nights but I seriously considered WL. I think next time we'll do WL and BLT. We rented points from a DVC owner...it's such a great value that you can get a deluxe resort for a moderate (or even value) resort price!! We decided on the regular DDP and once we've been and gone we'll decide what we want to do for next time.

I'm excited to hear more about your plans. I'm like you...I calculated a million scenarios before we booked and then my ADR's have changed a ton since first booking.

I'm really sorry that you got no responses during the first couple of days of your PTR. I felt really bad when reading them today. But there are lots on board now, so I hope you feel better.

Can't wait for more.

LOL, that's okay... I grow on people...:confused: I got a long way to go on my PTR so I have a while to grow... :teacher: Did that make sense? My trip report that I am halfway through with isn't poster heavy but I see my post reads goin' up so I know someone out there loves me.:love: Or maybe it's just me re-reading my post over and over and I'm just sad:confused3.

I am all about PIN love! When it comes down to it we are staying at WL for only $159 a night:woohoo: and that is better than we could have dream for staying at a deluxe. I honestly don't think we would even consider staying at WL without a deal (40% this time and free dining last time).

I about to write about my ADR dreams, today I hope. DH is out of town for a couple days so I have a little time on my hands. :surfweb: Now if the kids would stop climbing the walls I could catch up on my trip report reading, other peoples of course, not my own... cause I'm not pathetic :rolleyes1 well just a bit... pirate:.

Aww what a great start to PTR!! We love WL and I have only stayed there once...great choice for a Christmas trip though!! Your ADR's sound fab too!! Can't wait to read more!

Loving your TR so far! What is the CL? You are able to eat there with no cost if you are on that level? Hmmmm...LOL...interesting. We are planning a Nov 2011 trip and are patiently waiting on dates to open so we can book it. We went the Monday just following Thanksgiving and left that Friday, the biggest crowd was MOnday and the end of the week when it was time to tape the parade and Pop Warner was starting to arrive. When they say they are taping the parade it is taping all week randomly. It doesnt all happen in one day....we were able to see the Day Nick Cannon was there(let me say they had to do many retakes with him..LOL) and parts of the parade days before Regis and Kelly were there. We loved it then, and had great weather excpet for Friday and we chose to head out early as it was like ka monsoon hitting and stayed so heavy that we could barely see to drive..it took us two hours to leave Orlando, the traffic was so slow!!
I just started my PTR....feel free to lurk..LOL...but posting will get a reply! ;)

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay....My oh My Zoo's family is coming to stay!!!

I woke up this morning wishing I were in Disney World, it is sooooo COLD here! Right now according to weather.com it is 4 and feels like -13! I will never get aclimated to the bitter cold of Chicago! I have no idea how the Eskimos do it, I hate the cold!

Disney World seems like a world away and I was thinking about how hot and sticky it was during our vacation and promising myself I will never again complain about being hot because I HATE being cold worse! DH is in TN/MS today and although it isn't FL weather it is alot warmer than here! I hope his flight doesn't get delayed coming in tonight because of the weather!

I am curious about the CL....I never heard of it before? I have only stayed at All Star and POR now....what is it???

I am curious about the CL....I never heard of it before? I have only stayed at All Star and POR now....what is it???

Woops I ment to quote your previous post and explain what little I know about it.

CL means Club Level (Concierge at other hotels) and has free snacks and drinks thoughout the day. Depending on the time of day you get different foods like breakfast, snacks, appitizers and desserts as well as booze.

Here is a link to a thread that explains it all LINK

Ahh thanks so much. So they have this at other resorts? I am gonna use the link now..thanks!!
We are planning a Nov 2011 return...we most likely will do POR again but we are trying to see what other options are available. We have 5 so the options are few for us.....

It's been a few days since I thought about our upcoming trip :scared1: and I think I started withdraw symptoms. The doctor calls it a sinus infection and migraine, but what does he know! ;)

So we have officially decided to add a day on to our package reservation instead of room only (although it might change closer to the payoff time). I called and updated our ressie and now we are booked from Dec. 1st-8th! :lovestruc I almost cried today when I saw that our countdown was under 10 months... how can that seem so close and yet be so far?

I have been watching flight prices and they are jumping around like crazy! If AA drops the rate on their return flights I am bookin' those babies! They lowered the flights down but the return flights are still around $258 each, no way! I am hoping AA drops the rates since their flight times are the ones I like, but United is still a bit cheaper (although they are bouncing around too). DH told me to book them as soon as the rate hit a low I was willing to pay, but it is such a huge risk buying them now in my opinion... I need to add trip insurance as soon as I do, just in case.

My Unofficial Guide got attacked by post-its about a week ago while I was trying to narrow down our ADR wish list and I haven't sorted it out yet:idea:. I have notes saying "Chef Mickey's ONLY IF CAN'T GET TUSKER HOUSE BREAKFAST!" and "CRT... WORTH IT? IS DINNER CHANGING TO CHARACTER?" I believe I have become a little OCD with the ADR's again. LOL

What's next printing off the menus?

My Unofficial Guide got attacked by post-its about a week ago while I was trying to narrow down our ADR wish list and I haven't sorted it out yet:idea:. I have notes saying "Chef Mickey's ONLY IF CAN'T GET TUSKER HOUSE BREAKFAST!" and "CRT... WORTH IT? IS DINNER CHANGING TO CHARACTER?" I believe I have become a little OCD with the ADR's again. LOL

What's next printing off the menus?

I printed off menus for the QS meals to...just so I had an idea of what there was to offer when we went. My DH says its sick...I think its smart. Who wants to only end up eating burgers for a week if there are other options on the QS? (Which BTW we ate things other than burgers only because I knew where to go...)

I prefer to call it EFFICIENCY!!! ;)

:woohoo: Let's hear it for EFFICIENCY!!:cheer2:

I printed off menus for the QS meals to...just so I had an idea of what there was to offer when we went. My DH says its sick...I think its smart. Who wants to only end up eating burgers for a week if there are other options on the QS? (Which BTW we ate things other than burgers only because I knew where to go...)

I really have no idea how people can go to Disney without preparing. We were more prepared than MOST people on our last trip and we still needed more information. A day trip to Disney w/o information beforehand would be the undoing of this family! :sick:

We really enjoyed the QS as well and we ended up not eating one burger while at WDW, it is actually our goal to eat a couple next time, lol.

So today I am officially writing down my ADR wishlist... so far... as far as I can tell... unless it changes... or the wind blows...:rolleyes1 It's that certain! pirate:

Since I still don't know what parks we will be at and when not sure how to fit everything in. Also we really enjoyed alot of the CS meals and want to have some of those as well so that means I actually might need to NOT schedule as many TS ADR's. :teacher:

First Up
:woohoo:

:dance3:

:cheer2:

:banana:

:cool1:

:yay:

:lmao:

Not sure why I did that but that was fun. :laughing: First up is the wishlist of course!

T-Rex: We will be paying oop for this meal (hopefully with the help of giftcards from MyPoints) but I can't wait for DS and DD to see the inside. They love the Rainforest Cafe here and we are Safari club members so that will give us a discount.

Akershus: We had lunch last trip but I am hoping for a breakfast this trip.
California Grill: one of our anniversary meal options
or
Narcoossee's: probably the option we will choose, I really want to eat here!!
Le Cellier: Com'n who doesn't want a steak??
Chef Mickey's: This is ONLY if we do not get a Tusker House Breakfast! We were not impressed with it last time!
Cindy's Table: Not sure which meal yet but I heard somewhere Dinner was turning in to a Princess meal as well...
Coral Reef: Probably not going to happen, depends on how many days we decide to spend at Epcot
Crystal Palace: We LOVED breakfast here and getting in the park early!
Garden Grill: Again depends on how many Epcot days we plan
Mama Melrose: We are hoping to get a Fantasmic package!!
1900 Park Fare: Not sure about this one, I want dinner, DH wants BFest again... all depends
'Ohana: would love to eat here!
Plaza: since we spend so much time in MK, a good resting ADR
Sci-Fi: Really want to experience it!
Tusker House: This is a must, we missed it last time!

We also will probably try Whispering Canyon again, since we are there, but not sure.

WOW!!! You have some great restaurants down. I am having trouble deciding where to go and when, in fact I just posted about this today also. So glad I'm following your PTR, I can see what you do successfully and what you like. :thumbsup2

T-Rex: We will be paying oop for this meal (hopefully with the help of giftcards from MyPoints) but I can't wait for DS and DD to see the inside. They love the Rainforest Cafe here and we are Safari club members so that will give us a discount.

Akershus: We had lunch last trip but I am hoping for a breakfast this trip.
California Grill: one of our anniversary meal options
or
Narcoossee's: probably the option we will choose, I really want to eat here!!
Le Cellier: Com'n who doesn't want a steak??
Chef Mickey's: This is ONLY if we do not get a Tusker House Breakfast! We were not impressed with it last time!
Cindy's Table: Not sure which meal yet but I heard somewhere Dinner was turning in to a Princess meal as well...
Coral Reef: Probably not going to happen, depends on how many days we decide to spend at Epcot
Crystal Palace: We LOVED breakfast here and getting in the park early!
Garden Grill: Again depends on how many Epcot days we plan
Mama Melrose: We are hoping to get a Fantasmic package!!
1900 Park Fare: Not sure about this one, I want dinner, DH wants BFest again... all depends
'Ohana: would love to eat here!
Plaza: since we spend so much time in MK, a good resting ADR
Sci-Fi: Really want to experience it!
Tusker House: This is a must, we missed it last time!

We also will probably try Whispering Canyon again, since we are there, but not sure.

Sounds like great choices! :thumbsup2

Akershus--never eaten there, but have a breakfast ressie for our May trip

California Grill--:love: DH and I ate here for an anniversary dinner--best meal I've ever had at DW! Pork tenderloin---YUMMY!

Narcoossees---never tried, but sounds delish

Le Cellier---had lunch a few years ago---very good

Chef Mickeys---had dinner several years ago; not very impressed either! Have a ressie for breakfast for our May trip

Cindy's Table---had breakfast two years ago; worth the cost for the experience of dining in the castle! :)

Coral Reef--never tried; looks like a neat place to eat

Crystal Palace---breakfast several times; have dinner ressies for our May trip

Garden Grill--had dinner as part of our CP package one holiday season---Cute characters

Mama Melroses
---never tried, but my sis and her family swear its great; we are trying it in May

1900 Park Faire---We've done breakfast and dinner

'Ohana--breakfast and dinner-:love:both meals

the Plaza-never tried

Tusker House--- breakfast last May---Cute characters, and good tasting food. The juice is delicious!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter