Same day fast passes

Davey Jones II

DIS Veteran
I know this topic has been discussed a lot on these boards (epic understatement of the century) but I was wondering if the disboard experts could share their recent experiences with snagging same day fast passes. Specifically, what are the most useful ``same days`` you can get? Maybe headliners are still elusive, but what about rides like Na`vi River, Toy Story Mania, Splash Mountain in the afternoon -- i.e., you can usually expect a long wait unless you snag a FP.

Thanks!

Headliners can actually be snagged day-of if you keep checking fairly easily. Just keep checking for any ride in general and you’ll probably get something. If the time doesnt work for you try modifying, otherwise best to go with it.

Pending size of party, you can get anything day of

One time I was in AK at 3pm, and got Flight of Passage for 405pm. I have gotten Slinky Dog on same day as well.

But i was a party of 1.

There isn't a FP that we haven't been able to get day of. Typically we're a party of 3 and do very well with adding FP's (very rare that we do standby). In December we had a group of 7 and still did quite well including adding FOP night before and SDD day of. Most of the time we would break it into groups of 3 & 4 and get overlapping FP's.

Here now. A few nights ago, MK was out of fastpasses by 6 p.m. Going to AK tomorrow and fastpasses are pretty much unavailable except for high capacity places like ITTBAB. As more people become adept at using the system, it is more difficult to snag last minute fastpasses. Also, I'm not a fan of staring at my phone all day -- it takes away from enjoying the parks. YMMV.

Just to offer a different experience than the PP, I just searched for FPs for 4 tomorrow at DAK and can booking anything but FoP and NRJ. Times are limited of course, but generally plenty to choose from.

Although I was here on a Sunday in February, it was easy to pick up additional FP's after your third for many of the mid-tier rides like Pirates, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion to name a few. I even was able to get Seven Dwarfs Mine Train same day at one period after constantly refreshing, but it was a FP for 4 hours later so I chose to forego it in order to use other FP's closer to the time. It was difficult to get the other top tier attractions like Peter Pan's Flight and BTMRR though, but it is possible by refreshing.

I remember going through the FP for Splash Mountain and exiting the ride and checking for additional FP's and got another FP for Splash for 5 mins later. It was gretat passing a large tour group twice while they were waiting in the standby line.

We were there this past weekend and couldn't get FOP or SDD. I was checking every day. Every other ride was available by refreshing. I wasn't looking for 7DMT so I'm not sure about that one. We also were able to move a lot of them earlier in the day by refreshing (ex-from 8 pm to 1 pm).

Here now. A few nights ago, MK was out of fastpasses by 6 p.m. Going to AK tomorrow and fastpasses are pretty much unavailable except for high capacity places like ITTBAB. As more people become adept at using the system, it is more difficult to snag last minute fastpasses. Also, I'm not a fan of staring at my phone all day -- it takes away from enjoying the parks. YMMV.

Completely disagree. Don't know I've ever seen a park "out of" FP+, even during the holidays. Sometimes...usually late at night...that will show up, but one simple refresh and FP+ show up. The biggest of headliners, like SDD or FOP, may be hard to get. But all the other attractions are possible or likely to get same day.

If you get familiar with refreshing, it doesn't take all day staring at your phone. It's a very easy and simple thing to do, you don't need to just stare at the screen.

I used refreshing for the first time on our trip June 2-June 6. In MK I was ALWAYS able to pick up the FP we were looking for rather quickly. I never moved anything forward because of how I timed arriving at our FPs, but the moment I asked my son what he wanted to do next, we looked for that FP and refreshed till we got it. Kali River took a lot of refreshing our first day in AK. First picked it up at 8:30, then got 5:30 and was able to move it one last time to 5:15. We just sat over at the restaurant next to Kali with our sodas and I refreshed till it was time for us to do the ride. At MK it was a breeze both days. Couldn't move Mine Train, but that worked out okay as we decided to grab a quick snack before heading over to ride. Our FP was at 1:25. At EPCOT we only picked up two more FPs there, EPCOT Character Spot with Mickey....we did that one right before we left for a break. The other was Spaceship Earth which I picked up in the hotel room for 8pm. It ended up becoming an anytime FP because SE went down before we arrived. We ended up riding it standby with no wait, it was an EMH evening so lines weren't bad at all. I used our anytime FP for Enchanted Tales With Belle our next day in MK. Son really wanted to do the show.

As Klayfish said above, I wasn't walking around with my nose in the phone. Even though it was my first time doing it, the refresh strategy made it VERY easy to pick up those extra same day FPs!

Refreshing is your friend. I haven't waited in a normal line in over two years now. I find Magic Kingdom is the easiest to pick up additional fast passes. I've seen where it says all fast passes are gone for the day and with refreshing things have still popped up. Only ride I haven't been able to pick up same day are FOP and SDD

Went to Magic Kingdom friday after work and was able to snag (same day)
7:00-8:00 Big Thunder Mountain
8:00-9:00 Haunted Mansion
9:15-10:00 Space Mountain

Saturday we were going to Blizzard Beach. About 2:30 it started raining so we decided to hit a park. Based on FP+ availability we decided to hit Animal Kingdom, same day we scored Everest, Dinosaur and Safaris at 4:20, 6:30 and 7:30p respectively.

You can definitely still get good same day fast passes

I know this topic has been discussed a lot on these boards (epic understatement of the century) but I was wondering if the disboard experts could share their recent experiences with snagging same day fast passes. Specifically, what are the most useful ``same days`` you can get? Maybe headliners are still elusive, but what about rides like Na`vi River, Toy Story Mania, Splash Mountain in the afternoon -- i.e., you can usually expect a long wait unless you snag a FP.

Thanks!

The headliners may be more difficult to work into your schedule if you want to keep the walking down a bit. Here are some rides that seem to have somewhat long standby that we have often found FP's with convenient usage times and go for these quite often with FP #4 and beyond: Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Under the Sea (at least shortens the walk), Haunted Mansion, Turtle Talk with Crush, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Voyage of the Little Mermaid (show), Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Most of these we were able to find with times available while walking through the same areas of the park and we would add fastpasses continuously as we used the previous one. The standby waits for some are longer than others but we avoid any standby we can.

Last edited:
I was there over the weekend and had no problem getting just about anything for 2 people. I think the only ride I never saw one pop up for was SDD, but we left the park right after we used our FP that we had for that one, so we wouldn't have seen it anyway. Got multiple Friday and Saturday for headliners in Epcot and MK in the afternoon/evening without much trouble.

ETA: I'll add that Friday we were able to get FEA, Soarin x2, Test Track x2, Spaceship Earth, and Nemo at Epcot. Then Saturday we got FOP at AK, then Buzz x2, Little Mermaid, Small World, Big Thunder, Splash x2, Space, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise at MK, all same day. And in every instance except FOP, I got the next FP while in line for the previous ride, so minimal time on the phone. The only 2 rides all weekend that we did without a FP was TSM and Saucers at HS rope drop. We had prebooked ones for SDD, ToT, RnR as well as NRJ, Everest, and the Safari.

Last edited:
I had a huge success with this in our recent June 18-25 trip for 4 people! These are the same-day FP+we snagged after using our initial three (we tried to move up the initial ones as we tap in, to be able to look for additional FP+ as much as possible:

Wed EPCOT - (RD Soarin', Initial 3 Spaceship earth, Mission space, FEA) + Test track 4:45
Thu Magic Kingdom - (RD Space mountain, Buzz, Initial 3, Pooh, Peter pan, 7DMT, other fantasyland rides in AM in standby) + Speedway 3pm, Barnstormer 3:20, Dumbo 3:40, It's a small world 4, Buzz 5:20
Fri EPCOT - (Initial 3 Test track, Seas with Nemo, Turtle talk) + Living with the land 11:30, Test track 2:15, Soarin' 6
Sat Animal Kingdom - (Initial 3, EE, Safari, FOP) + Kali 1, Dinosaur 2:20, Nemo 4 show, we kept trying for Navi but Navi was down in the AM for a while, and we couldn't find one.
Sun Magic Kingdom - (Initial 3 Splash, Big thunder, Haunted mansion) + Pirates 1:30, Jungle cruise 2:15, Aladdin carpet 2:40, Seven dwarf mine train 4:45
Mon Hollywood Studios - (RD TSMM, Initial 3: SDD, ToT, Star tours) + AS2 1:45, Toy Story Mania 3:30, Fantasmic 9 show, we kept trying for 2nd SDD but did't make it.

Overall, I was surprised how well it worked! The only time-consuming refresh (took me a 3-4 attempts to refresh for 2-3 minutes at a time) was 7DMT. Could not get Navi or FOP/SDD. Most we had to wait for a ride was Toy Story Mania in standby as we were late to rope drop (waited 30 min). I followed everyone' advice and grabbed the time available for ride we want and tried to move it forward. Only thing I had difficulty moving forward was 7DMT - that one, one we grabbed was the one we ended up using as no earlier time came along.

Disney does drop fastpasses for headliners like FoP everyday at specific times. You have to be very fast when they do it though. I never have trouble getting FoP day of with this strategy.

NRJ is available as fastpasses everyday that I check if you keep refreshing. I'm always a party of 1 though.

I have never been successful to get SDD with the strategy I mentioned above, but I know of others that have.

Just keep refreshing, and you might get lucky!

Have had the most success at MK. Other than 7DMT and PP, everything else has not been too difficult.
AK FoP and Navi seem most difficult, but can be found with frequent checking, have gotten FoP several times.
HS SDD is the hardest. Can be found with frequent checking, we have twice. With the rehab, ToT has also become more diffficult.
EPCOT can get about anything, maybe just not the time you want.

Yesterday, I snagged day of FP+ for Alien Swirling Saucers. Today for FEA. Last week for FOP, the night before. And a couple weeks ago Space Mt, Big Thunder, and 7DMT by working on checking times the night before and day of pretty much continuously.

Ok, it's been a bit since I did this but I thought I would post what I could find with a bit of refreshing midafternoon at MK for 3 people. The PP and 7DMT were both very nice. This took about 6 minutes. If I were in parks right now I'd have spent some more time moving Space up sooner. Just gives an idea as to what can be found and how it doesn't mean spending all your time staring at your phone.

Screenshot_20190701-143632_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20190701-143643_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20190701-143807_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20190701-144103_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20190701-144223_Disney World.jpg

Refreshing is your friend. I haven't waited in a normal line in over two years now. I find Magic Kingdom is the easiest to pick up additional fast passes. I've seen where it says all fast passes are gone for the day and with refreshing things have still popped up. Only ride I haven't been able to pick up same day are FOP and SDD
I hope I don’t sound dumb, but how do you refresh the app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter