• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Same Day FP's

melbatoast

Dis Fan
I have had NO luck getting same day FP's in the past, but I keep reading on these boards ppl are getting them with no problem. I was there 2nd week in June and had no luck, and the next trip is end of March which is Spring Break. I've tried refreshing etc and just read about the drop? Can someone refer me to the latest link on how do score some same day FP's even in busy times? Thanks!!!!

you just have to continually refresh. If you use up your regular 3 fp early, lets say you've done them by noon, you should see other attractions pop up. Obviously the hardest to get will be the popular rides, but you should see a wide selection at MK, and some availability for attractions at the other parks

I have had NO luck getting same day FP's in the past, but I keep reading on these boards ppl are getting them with no problem. I was there 2nd week in June and had no luck, and the next trip is end of March which is Spring Break. I've tried refreshing etc and just read about the drop? Can someone refer me to the latest link on how do score some same day FP's even in busy times? Thanks!!!!
so - can you expand on having "no luck"? We've been able to score multiple SDFP in every park every time we go to the world. We were there June of 2017, & scored 3 Toy Story MM in a row for example. Honestly felt bad walking by the same people stuck in line 3 times. I'm sure they thought we were cheating. Anyway - just keep refreshing - change times, you name it. Stuff will pop up. There is a sticky thread on this forum with plenty of strategies.

Does it work better if you use smaller groups of people for getting more popular rides? (i.e., instead of checking for 4 people, checking on FPs for 2)?

Does it work better if you use smaller groups of people for getting more popular rides? (i.e., instead of checking for 4 people, checking on FPs for 2)?
Well, it certainly does but we've had plenty of success with 4. You could split your group into two groups of 2 and have both of you try to find FPs that overlap a little bit. Something we have tried is grabbing the first available time that pops up and then trying to change the time. for instance, I've seen plenty of SDFP for space mtn but typically later in the day. Grab one and then try modifying the time. Usually a time earlier will pop up eventually. Again - the sticky thread has a wealth of knowledge. Spend some time in the Sticky FP+ thread. You'll be amazed at the information you will come across :-)

Disney is doing a better job of advertising/explaining FP+, so the number of same day FPs are definitely lower than they were when the program was initially rolled out. That said, you can usually find something - the question is whether it's something you want to do. Do read through the sticky thread for tips (refreshing, searching smaller numbers, etc.), but many times it's just a matter of luck.

I offered to help a friend who was in MK yesterday (which was very busy) and helped them get 5 additional SDFP from home via their MDE account after they used their initial 3. They were a party of 3:

Buzz (for 1:10pm available at 12:20pm)
Mine Train (for 3:40pm available at 1:30pm)
Small World (for 4:15pm available at 4:00pm) - the standby wait was 40 minutes at that time
Under the Sea (for 4:50pm available at 4:30pm)
BTMRR (for 6:30pm available at 5:15pm)

A lot of choosing various times to see what pops up (the selection varied widely from click to click), selecting the ride they wanted, and then continually searching for better times for that ride. I think the results are dependent on how much time you put into it along with luck. The Mine Train option popped up randomly as did the evening BTMRR. Interestingly I never saw Haunted Mansion or Jungle Cruise as an option at any point during the day. Space Mountain seemed to be most available for the roller coasters.

Of course no one should want to spend much time playing around with the MDE app while in the parks, but if you can take a break for 5-10 minutes at a time you should be able to get something helpful.

book what you can get for the attractions you want and then keep refreshing to try and move them up to an earlier time. There were 5 in our group. sometimes had to split the group up but could often get overlapping times.

Its easier to modify times than to grab things fresh, but, there really isnt any trick. Its simply working the app because while WDW has explained it better to people, the reality only 10% or less of the people in the park have any clue how to use it properly.

My daughter got 6 FP (2 for FOP) last Thursday and 1 for Epcot. We started in AK, went to Epcot late afternoon and returned when she got FOP for second time. Killed my feet, yes. Friday was MK and we got on all the rides they wanted with FP except Jungle Cruise. I believe it was POTC, BTMRR, HM, SDMT, LM and she snagged a last minute BOG reservation for lunch. Saturday they did DHS (there at 6:30 and got their boarding passes). She had FPs for TSMM and not sure what else since I didn't go. She is on her phone constantly but in a short crowded weekend did most everything without waits. There were 4 of us and I don't do many rides so maybe that was why it was easy. The downside was that I could not link my magicband so I had to wait in lines or forego the attraction. I know she books everything as early as she can get and then is constantly moving the lesser interest ones around.

Its easier to modify times than to grab things fresh, but, there really isnt any trick. Its simply working the app because while WDW has explained it better to people, the reality only 10% or less of the people in the park have any clue how to use it properly.
Just curious where the 10% figure comes from? Has this actually been studied?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter