Sam's, Bj's or Costco?

I agree I hate Costco's hours. DH and I work nights and sometimes we can't get there before they close at 6 or 7pm on the weekends. Another reason why I choose Sams. As a nurse they let me have a business card and I shop at 7am when I get off work.

Yeah, it's nice their employees get holidays off, but I don't and I still need to shop even if it's a holiday.

Yeah, it's nice their employees get holidays off, but I don't and I still need to shop even if it's a holiday.

I like costco, I like that they value their employees and they are open 7 days a week. We somehow manage to plan so that we don't have to shop on holidays.

BJs, they sell items in smaller bulk packages. They have their own Visa card and take coupons. The packaging makes a difference for us, since we are a family of 2, when buying milk, eggs, potatoes etc.

Ditto. I find they are more aimed at the home bulk buyer instead of the business the way Sam's is. Many of the items at BJs are packaged in a way that I can buy them in bulk without waste

I also love their coupons, and that they accept outside coupons.

The final point in favor of BJs, for me, was their deli. Their Deitz & Watson meats are nitrate-free, and it is the only store in town that sells Cooper's Cheese, which is the secret ingredient in my tacos and cheese tip ;)

I prefer Costso. I like their Kirkland products better. Plus they're all over where BJs is more regional. That said I know people who love BJs.

While I love the Kirkland brand items, the time I waste at the always crazy busy Costco just isn't worth it to me anymore. I switched to Sam's Club and I love that I can park easily, get in and out in 20-30 minutes with a full cart without waiting for long lines. At Costco I was always in line to check-out for at least 10-15 minutes - every.single.time. Just not worth it to me at this point. So for now, I've given up the Kirkland brand items we enjoy for the time savings that comes with Sam's Club.

While I love the Kirkland brand items, the time I waste at the always crazy busy Costco just isn't worth it to me anymore. I switched to Sam's Club and I love that I can park easily, get in and out in 20-30 minutes with a full cart without waiting for long lines. At Costco I was always in line to check-out for at least 10-15 minutes - every.single.time. Just not worth it to me at this point. So for now, I've given up the Kirkland brand items we enjoy for the time savings that comes with Sam's Club.

My favorite thing about Sam's, when I used them, was Click and Pull -- talk about a time saver! Not sure if every store offers it, but I would place my entire order online and be able to pick it up in store the next day -- at NO extra charge. Such a huge time saver!

I love BJs enough that it was worth giving up, but if Sams and Costco were my only options, Click and Pull would almost surely tip the scales towards Sams.

I just got a trial membership to Bj's for 60 days in the mail, I am going to go this weekend and try it out. I'm now debating between Sam's and Bj's because Costco's hours are not for the full-time working souls! :rotfl: I usually shop when my DDs are at cheer practice in the evening, or on the weekend, sometimes Saturday, but I like the option of Sunday depending on my schedule. Also, I like to run in on a weeknight and grab a rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad, in case I don't feel like making dinner. I am making a list of the pros for Sam's to see how Bj's compares. I really don't have any cons with Sam's now, I just wanted to look into my other options.

I like BJ's because of the coupon savings. Plus you can stack a BJ coupon with a mfg. coupon.

I like Costco's for their awesome return policy.

So true. I'm single so I don't buy a lot at Costco and I treat check out like going through security at the airport. Very organized!

Costco for best customer satisfaction. Among the 3 clubsThey also have the best hot dogs for $1.50 with unlimited soda refill. better value than Epcot's Biergarten, but then again, that's a totally different story.
Pick what's important and convenient for you.

I wish we had a Costco, they'd be my top choice if they came to my current area.

I like BJs much better than Sam's Club. The selection and prices are much better and it's a much more pleasant experience. I dropped my Sam's Club membership even though they are much more convenient to my house.

Love Costco, but have a BJs membership as well. Tend to buy my produce at BJs as it's not packaged to feed a village! When my DS is home, we go through over a gallon of milk a day, so I buy my milk there as it's over 50 cents a gallon cheaper. I buy 8 gallons a week! I get my meds at Costco, even the pet meds. Just saved over $50 on two prescriptions last week for our dog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter