Sam's Club voucher/upgrade to Premier

KenyaSierra

Mouseketeer
I've been a Premier passholder for a number of years but find myself in uncharted territory! I purchased a Sam's Club voucher for a WDW Platinum Pass. I've linked the voucher to my MDE account and was able to make FP reservations so it seems to be active. My questions:

1. Now that I've linked the voucher on MDE, is it all set and I just need to go to a tapstile and scan in with my magic band? Or do I need to do something else to activate it?
2. To upgrade to a Premier pass, I go to guest services at any park, correct? Any advantage to going sooner or later during my 10 day trip?
3. Any tips to making sure the Premier is ready to be used at DL? In the past I've purchased the Premier at DL and then needed to call WDW IT to be able to make FP reservations in advance (and use it at WDW). Obviously that's no an issue but any tricks to getting it linked at DL that will avoid delays when I show up?

Thanks for any advice/help you have to offer!
Becky

I've been a Premier passholder for a number of years but find myself in uncharted territory! I purchased a Sam's Club voucher for a WDW Platinum Pass. I've linked the voucher to my MDE account and was able to make FP reservations so it seems to be active. My questions:

1. Now that I've linked the voucher on MDE, is it all set and I just need to go to a tapstile and scan in with my magic band? Or do I need to do something else to activate it?
2. To upgrade to a Premier pass, I go to guest services at any park, correct? Any advantage to going sooner or later during my 10 day trip?
3. Any tips to making sure the Premier is ready to be used at DL? In the past I've purchased the Premier at DL and then needed to call WDW IT to be able to make FP reservations in advance (and use it at WDW). Obviously that's no an issue but any tricks to getting it linked at DL that will avoid delays when I show up?

Becky

I have zero answers for you which I completely unhelpful, I apologize. But... I have a couple questions if you’re willing?

We’re you able to buy the pass online? Are you able to order a magic band when you linked it?

sorry to hijack your thread.

Becky

No advantage to going sooner then later. You probably know this already but the AP expiration is based on when you purchased it not when you upgraded levels.

I have zero answers for you which I completely unhelpful, I apologize. But... I have a couple questions if you’re willing?

We’re you able to buy the pass online? Are you able to order a magic band when you linked it?

sorry to hijack your thread.

Premier has to be bought ON property. It can’t be obtained online on either coast. I believe it deals with the tax quirks of the pass but I maybe wrong

No, it is not all set. It is still just a linked voucher. (You are able to make FP selections with a voucher). But you still need to go to a guest services window to activate it before you can enter a park. Since you will be there at guest services, I would personally do the whole upgrade to premier right then. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to go back & wait at guest services a second time, lol. Also, your date will start when you activate the voucher, not when you purchase the Premier upgrade.

No, it is not all set. It is still just a linked voucher. (You are able to make FP selections with a voucher). But you still need to go to a guest services window to activate it before you can enter a park. Since you will be there at guest services, I would personally do the whole upgrade to premier right then. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to go back & wait at guest services a second time, lol. Also, your date will start when you activate the voucher, not when you purchase the Premier upgrade.

Thanks for clarifying when it starts, the previous poster almost gave me a heart attack as i bought our vouchers last year the day the prices went up at the lower sams club price.:banana:

Is this offer at all Sam’s clubs? It might be worth the drive over the border to Washington state....

-your date will start when you activate the voucher, not when you purchase the Premier upgrade.
Actually, it doesn't really matter the date that you "activate" the voucher.
The AP's first day (anniversary date) will be the date that the activated voucher is first USED to enter a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter