Samsung Reality, love it, hate it?

Mrs. Charming

I'm not your entertainment, get a life.
I'm throwing this on the budget board because the Samsung Reality available on Verizon for $19.99. I need a new phone, I'm ready to chuck this one off of a bridge. Of course, the LG Env Touch was on sale a few weeks back for $50, but now it's back to $150-- so that's just not an option right now. Boo.

Do any of you have the Samsung Reality? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Do you wish you never bought it?

I've looked online and it's not reviewed too badly (c-net) and of course there are bad reviews for every phone, but this doesnt seem too bad.

Thoughts?

I have it and like it. So far so good. I only got it this month, so I can't really give a thorough review. I didn't get it for $19.99 unfortunately.

I have it and like it. So far so good. I only got it this month, so I can't really give a thorough review. I didn't get it for $19.99 unfortunately.

Cool, thanks :) Would you buy it again, for $19.99? I just don't know if I can hold out long enough to wait for the env touch to go back on sale. :lmao:

I've had my Samsung Reality for about 3 months. So far, so good. The keyboard is a nice size and easy to use and the buttons are nicely spaced. It also has a touchscreen. I didn't know if I would like that aspect since some touchscreens seem to have a mind of their own (or maybe my fingers are just clumsy). However, this touchscreen is very user friendly. The phone has many other options but I am mostly just a talk or text girl so I can't really comment on them. In my opinion $19.99 is a great deal. I am very happy with it.:cool1:

Wendi

I've had my Samsung Reality for about 3 months. So far, so good. The keyboard is a nice size and easy to use and the buttons are nicely spaced. It also has a touchscreen. I didn't know if I would like that aspect since some touchscreens seem to have a mind of their own (or maybe my fingers are just clumsy). However, this touchscreen is very user friendly. The phone has many other options but I am mostly just a talk or text girl so I can't really comment on them. In my opinion $19.99 is a great deal. I am very happy with it.:cool1:

Wendi

Cool! Thanks! I'm just a talk and text girl too.. occasionally a quick snapshot of DD if she's being cute. I'm going to check it out in a store tomorrow for a hands-on feel of it, but if that works out well, I'm gonna order it tomorrow! :)

My DS 15 has one. He loves it. It went through the laundry and after dryong out for a week is good as new. Happy with it

I just got one this weekend and really like it so far. Now, mind you, my former phone was prehistoric - I didn't even have a keyboard - so this is like a super-phone to me! The phone is pretty intuitive and the keyboard is easy to use. Also a fun toy!

My DS 15 has one. He loves it. It went through the laundry and after dryong out for a week is good as new. Happy with it

Now *that* is good to know!

I just got one this weekend and really like it so far. Now, mind you, my former phone was prehistoric - I didn't even have a keyboard - so this is like a super-phone to me! The phone is pretty intuitive and the keyboard is easy to use. Also a fun toy!

Mine's prehistoric too. Glad to know you like it, I can't wait to check it out. :)

DD13 has one and loved it until yesterday. Yesterday the phone suddenly had the white "verizon" screen on it for no reason (it's the screen that usually pops up when you turn the phone on), she could not get the white screen to go away and it would periodically blink and then pop back on. the only way she could make it disappear is to take the battery out. She also could not turn the phone off unless she took the battery out. We took it to the verizon store today and they said it was a software crash. They of course have none in stock in the store so they are sending her a new one via 2 day Fedex. She got the phone on June 28th and i paid full price for it ($249.99).

Oops, sorry, I forgot to mention the phone she has is the Samsung Reality in red (although it looks like a metallic dark orange to me).

DD13 has one and loved it until yesterday. Yesterday the phone suddenly had the white "verizon" screen on it for no reason (it's the screen that usually pops up when you turn the phone on), she could not get the white screen to go away and it would periodically blink and then pop back on. the only way she could make it disappear is to take the battery out. She also could not turn the phone off unless she took the battery out. We took it to the verizon store today and they said it was a software crash. They of course have none in stock in the store so they are sending her a new one via 2 day Fedex. She got the phone on June 28th and i paid full price for it ($249.99).

Oops, sorry, I forgot to mention the phone she has is the Samsung Reality in red (although it looks like a metallic dark orange to me).

Oh noooo! I'm sorry that happened to your DD's phone. :( Did you have the insurance on it, or was Verizon basically saying it's their fault and helping you get another?

Oh noooo! I'm sorry that happened to your DD's phone. :( Did you have the insurance on it, or was Verizon basically saying it's their fault and helping you get another?

Luckily we have the insurance on her phone. I know from past experience with Verizon (not sure if all cell phone companies have the same policy) if we didn't have the insurance we would have had to replace the phone ourselves and even with insurance verizon only replaces the phone with a "certified" like new phone. "certified" like new is a nice way of saying refurbished old phone. The only way verizon will replace it with a new phone is if you have the insurance and if the phone was purchased less than 30 days prior.

Both of my kids have that phone and so far, they both work great and they love them!

My husband and I have both had the Samsung Reality for about six weeks. One thing I didn't see mentioned here was that we had to upgrade our Verizon plan so that we each now have the $10 data plan on top of our unlimited texting and 700 minute voice plan. My dh doesn't use the data stuff at all, but I get my email on my phone and can check in on Facebook from my phone. I used it a lot for those two things this month, and didn't go over my 25 MB allotment. It did take some adjustment (we have the LG EnV2) but I'm quite used to it now and think it's a nifty little phone. We got ours free because it was time to upgrade, though.

my d nephew has cosmos and I personally really liked it the 2 wks I got to play with it before I gave it to him. Plus no data plan with cosmos.

What is the story with insurance. I have not heard anything good about purchasing insurance

What is the story with insurance. I have not heard anything good about purchasing insurance

I swore I would never purchase insurance, but then DD got into the terrible 2's and I thought I'd better buy it. I had to use the insurance once and it was actually very very easy, you fill out a claim on a website, pay $35, and they overnight you a new phone, and you send the damaged phone in. The company that Verizon uses is called Asurion. (sp?) It used to look a lot less worth it, but now because the "retail price" of the phones are off the wall (seriously-- $500??) and the fragile nature of some of the phones, it seems more worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter