San Angel Inn

PedsRN88

Earning My Ears
I made a reservation for San Angel Inn for our trip in April because my FIL loves mexican food and margaritas. While my husband and I both like mexican food, we like more of the quesadillas and things, nothing too spicy. So my question is, would they let us order a quesadilla off the kids menu? Thanks in advance!

Most places will let you order off the kids menu. The food here is very American-ized in my opinion. If you can handle Taco Bell, you should be fine here. Nothing too crazy or too hot.

We love Mexican food but although DH loves spicy food I do not. We love San Angel Inn and have had some great meals there. They have some combination platters that are delicious and not spicy.

The few times we have eaten there I have brought my own hot sauce. This is really what Americans think is Mexican food. And unlike some of the other reviewers on these pages I found the food to be OK not as bas as some have said. Of course I may have eaten there on good days.

If you are looking for average Americanized Mexican, you will be pleased. I have yet to find a dish there that I would consider spicy. I wouldn't worry about the spicy factor for the food. The atmosphere is beautiful, although crowded. Just wished the food matched. It's not terrible, but not what it could be.

I had a shrimp dish that was spicy.

I also had a margarita that seemed as if they had made a whole bunch of them and they had been sitting around. I wish I had sent it back.

It wasn't my favorite... can you tell? ;-) Anyhow, yes, they'd let you order off the kids menu, but I've heard at some places they give you an adult portion at an adult price. I don't have much experience with that, but when my 13 year old ordered pasta from the kids' menu at Coral Reef, they brought her an adult portion and still charged a kids' price.

I had a chicken dish with a sauce that was so spicy I couldn’t eat it. And I can do a little spice.

We must have had the same thing:rotfl:
I like spicy (always ask for extra of the hot salsa at Chipotle) but the meal I had at SAI was almost inedible for me.

I have been there three times, first two were good experiences but the third was not. Probably because we had a crappy table location in a corner, next to a loud family. We had asked to sit more in the center of the restaurant but were told we could not. :headache: Won't go back again, but we are trying La Hacienda on our next trip in May. Menu is different you might want to check that out. However I will say the atmosphere in SAI is very nice.

The few times we have eaten there I have brought my own hot sauce.

I am chuckling at packing hot sauce for your Epcot day.

At the bus stop looking in the backpack - "Okay gang, we've got two bottles of water, granola bars, a couple apples, sunglasses, and.... wait a minute...dang it, Tom! You left the Tabasco by the TV! You know we're going to San Angel today!"

Personally, I never enter MK without ranch dressing. And for Hollywood Studios it's cayenne pepper, but I suppose that goes without saying.

I am chuckling at packing hot sauce for your Epcot day.

At the bus stop looking in the backpack - "Okay gang, we've got two bottles of water, granola bars, a couple apples, sunglasses, and.... wait a minute...dang it, Tom! You left the Tabasco by the TV! You know we're going to San Angel today!"

Personally, I never enter MK without ranch dressing. And for Hollywood Studios it's cayenne pepper, but I suppose that goes without saying.
We bring 2 bottles of Tapatio hot sauce for me every trip. My 1st room-mate in the Corps was Mexican and taught me very bad habits when it comes to food.

I thought I'd read that SAI was one of the places they don't typically allow adults to order from the kid's menu? Anyone have any experience there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter