San Fracisco to DL

GailT

<font color=blue>I'm ba-ack!!!!<br><font color=mag
I am thinking of flying into San Francisco Airport and dring to DL to see some sights along the way. Does anyone know how long of a ride it is and is it worth it?
TIA Giail

It's about an 8 hour drive from SF to DL. I personally wouldn't do it unless I had a pretty long trip planned -- like at least 10 days. If I had a week or less, I'd prefer to fly into LA or San Diego (only 1-2 hours drive from DL), see some of the sights there and spend some time at the beach along with DL.

San Francisco is beautiful, though, and if you don't mind spending some of your vacation time driving, it might be worth it to you.

The quick route to LA from the Bay Area is Highway 5 in the Central Valley - and it isn't scenic! The gorgeous drive south is on Highway One, along the Coast (Monterey, Big Sur...)8-10 hrs, with stops. Highway 101 will give you some scenery (you can do parts of One this way) doesn't take as long as One. We drive to Disneyland when we go, since we're close to Highway 5 and can do it in 5-6 hours (we're 45 minutes to an hour from SF.)

IMO, this is an awesome trip! If you do it right I think DL can very easily be (believe it or not) the low point of the entire trip.

SF = Alcatraz (GREAT)
Monterey = The Acquarium & Wharf (GREAT)
Big Sur = (BIG SUR!!!!)
San Luis Obispo = The Hearst Mansion (GREAT)
Santa Barbara = "Sideways" trail & you name it (GREAT)
Disneyland = Disneyland (GREAT)
:thumbsup2
pirate:

IMO, this is an awesome trip! If you do it right I think DL can very easily be (believe it or not) the low point of the entire trip.

SF = Alcatraz (GREAT)
Monterey = The Acquarium & Wharf (GREAT)
Big Sur = (BIG SUR!!!!)
San Luis Obispo = The Hearst Mansion (GREAT)
Santa Barbara = "Sideways" trail & you name it (GREAT)
Disneyland = Disneyland (GREAT)
:thumbsup2
pirate:

You forgot Solvang! Windmills, danish and ebelskiver. Yummy!

I didn't mention Nepethene Restaurant in Big Sur or Point Lobos Reserve, either.;)
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter