San Francisco and L.A.: safe area to stay ?

Roxie2

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I'm planning a road trip to California, from north to south. It will be my second trip, the first one was last year, only in southern California.

I plan to stay a few nights in San Francisco, Los Angeles and maybe San Diego. But when I search for hotels on the Internet, I realize that I don't know anything about these cities and that I may choose an hotel that is located in a "unapropriate" area. Even though I will have a car and plan to do a lot of guided tours, I'd like be able to take a walk around the hotels without being harassed or feeling uncomfortable.

So, which districts or areas should I look for, and which one should I avoid ?

I'm looking for hotels in a safe area, 3 stars and over, with parking. I'm not on a super tight budget, but I don't want to waste money on a fancy hotel if I don't have to.

Thank you!

Hi everyone!

I'm planning a road trip to California, from north to south. It will be my second trip, the first one was last year, only in southern California.

I plan to stay a few nights in San Francisco, Los Angeles and maybe San Diego. But when I search for hotels on the Internet, I realize that I don't know anything about these cities and that I may choose an hotel that is located in a "unapropriate" area. Even though I will have a car and plan to do a lot of guided tours, I'd like be able to take a walk around the hotels without being harassed or feeling uncomfortable.

So, which districts or areas should I look for, and which one should I avoid ?

I'm looking for hotels in a safe area, 3 stars and over, with parking. I'm not on a super tight budget, but I don't want to waste money on a fancy hotel if I don't have to.

Thank you!
In SFO - I personally like the Handlery in Union Sq. Centrally located for shopping and a cable car ride away from the wharf. Walkable to China Town and close to a BART station. Remember when booking SFO to check the additional cost for parking, last time I was at the Handlery it was an additional $25-30 per night.

A friend recently got a really great deal online for the Hyatt Regency and said it was amazing.

I'd check out Trip Advisor for reviews of hotels.

In La I'm not going to be much help, but the area is huge so whereabouts were you thinking?

San Diego - Again I would visit Trip Advisor. The Hotel Del Coronado is fabulous but nowhere near 3 star pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter