San Juan after cruise

TXspartan

Earning My Ears
Any recommendations on how to pass the time in San juan after the cruise before a flight? have a mid afternoon flight back and don't think the kiddos can last at the airport for all those hours. hoping to drop luggage off at airport early otherwise would have to figure out how to cart luggage around

Barrachina's restaurant(birthplace of the pina colada) in Old San Juan offers free luggage storage. Old San Juan is a lovely place to walk around and the forts are within walking distance as well.

One of the sheratons has a day pass and you can use their pool etc and store luggage.

Check out the SJ thread in the Ports of Call section on cruisecritic’s message boards. Has good info.

The airport isn’t going to let you check the bags in the morning for an afternoon flight. They are very strict about that.

We took a San Juan city tour after disembarking a Royal ship last summer. We had sailed in/out of San Juan many times but had never explored. We got to enjoy a delicious bakery in Old San Juan and toured the fort. If DCl offers something like this, it might be worth it.

They definitely will not let you check your luggage in early at the airport in San Juan. We had to wait to check our luggage when we left San Juan because we got to the airport too early. There were also a LOT of other people waiting. We didn't have to wait very long, but some people had to wait quite a while. You could only check your luggage in 3 or 4 hours before the flight. I don't remember exactly which, but I think it was most likely 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter