• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sandra's Buffet Rules

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I thought you might enjoy my buffet rules. These rules help me enjoy buffets without over doing the calories!

1. I always start with a salad and low cal dressing.
2. I can go up to the buffet as often as I want but half the food on my plate has to be veggies.
3. None of my food can touch. This avoids over loading the plate.
4. I never put more than two tablespoons of any one food on my plate and one time. If I want more of a food, I will have to go up a second time.
5. Only have one small pc. of bread and a little butter.
6. Start with a fruit dessert when have only a month full or two of the rich desserts.
7. Only use a tiny bit of sauces and gravy.
8. When the server is cutting meat, I ask for a child's portion.

I usually go up to the food about 7-8 times. I take my time and really pick things I want to eat. I never leave like I want to be sick because I ate too much. I don't feel like I over did it. I enjoy food! S

9. Plus, you get your exercise going back and forth to the buffet for a little more food, eh?? :teeth:

Great rules!

Pat

303 days and counting . . . again!

Low Carb eating and Buffets have been a terrific, enjoyable combination for me. I load up on low carb salad veggies, cheese, real dressing! Then go back for the hot veggies such as green beans, asparagus, cauliflower, etc and a couple slices of meat! My favorite place to eat right now is a good quality buffet.

Great tips. I'll just have to not have any bread :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter