• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanibel Island Help

Corbin3

Mouseketeer
We have booked a short trip to Sanibel Island in October. I need help figuring out where to stay! Has anyone had a good experience at any of the hotels? Or would a VBRO be a better choice? I would love to do some good shelling and be on a beach. Any advice is much appreciated!

There is about 14 miles driving between Sanibel and Captiva. If that’s not too far for you this place looks great.

https://www.southseas.com/offers/ma...VCcDICh1olgAUEAAYASAAEgLif_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My sister is there with her family right now. She’s lives in Florida and has been to this resort three times. She’s currently trying to get our entire family to go for a big vacation sometime next year. She said it’s amazing and has something for everyone .

We have booked a short trip to Sanibel Island in October. I need help figuring out where to stay! Has anyone had a good experience at any of the hotels? Or would a VBRO be a better choice? I would love to do some good shelling and be on a beach. Any advice is much appreciated!
Here is where we have stayed I think 4 times. We love it there. Its old Florida before all the high rises. We would also eat breakfast every day at jerrys. give the eggs benedict a try.

https://www.watersideinn.net/plan-trip-sanibel-island/sanibel-island/

https://www.jerrysofsanibel.com/

Was just curious if you had booked anywhere.

We loved Sanibel Island. Stayed at a hotel just before entering the island - don't remember the name, but probably a Radisson or Holiday Inn. We got up early and headed out to the island - got one of the last parking spots. Spent the morning there and left early afternoon. The line trying to get on the island was at a stand still and we all wondered where in the world they would park if they ever got out there. This was several years ago, but I wonder if anything has changed. It was well worth spending time out there. Have fun!!

I wonder if the traffic is still this bad getting on the island. We’re thinking of staying next January. Anyone have insights? Thanks

we usually stay at shell island beach club. its bu the lighthouse. traffic isn't usually bad in the off season.

I wonder if the traffic is still this bad getting on the island. We’re thinking of staying next January. Anyone have insights? Thanks
Yes January will be right in the middle of their busiest season. Traffic getting on the island is likely to be very bad as well as getting around the island once you get there.

If you have a large family, I’d rent from VRBO. We stayed for a week in a large condo beach block and had plenty of room to spread out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter