• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Springs - do any preferred rooms face the parking lots?

Can you tell me some more info? We booked a preferred 1 bedroom. Can you tell me the difference of being in Congress Park or the Springs?
The Springs is where most of the onsite resort amenities are, restaurants, spa, lobby, a feature pool, etc...
Congress Park is the nearest to Disney Springs.

Personally , I would pick Congress Park because of the short walk to DS, but if you want to be near the main resort amenities then the Springs is closest to that.

Here's a map. The Springs is upper left, CP is in the middle along the lake, and the DS market side entrance is lower right.
1689959690692.png

I stayed in a studio on the first floor in one of those buildings last year, and I most definitively had a parking-dominated view. The higher up you are, the more the trees will cover though. But those two ends definitely face the parking lot and it's visible.
Last year, my kids went down a few days before DW and me. They stayed in a Congress Park studio. Their view was the bus stop. If I can find the pics they sent me, I'll post. (Don't feel too badly for them, they moved to the BWV once we arrived.)

Can you tell me some more info? We booked a preferred 1 bedroom. Can you tell me the difference of being in Congress Park or the Springs?
They're not really that far apart, but for us it comes down to location priority: we like to be as close as possible to Disney Springs for a nice short walk (Congress Park). If you'd rather be very close to the Carriage House (main building area) and High Rock Spring Pool, then The Springs would be better. We also prefer the quieter pool at Congress Park, but honestly, the walk between these two areas is not far at all. We easily walk from Congress Park to The Springs area. We just prefer being closer to Disney Springs and having that view across Lake Buena Vista.

They're not really that far apart, but for us it comes down to location priority: we like to be as close as possible to Disney Springs for a nice short walk (Congress Park). If you'd rather be very close to the Carriage House (main building area) and High Rock Spring Pool, then The Springs would be better. We also prefer the quieter pool at Congress Park, but honestly, the walk between these two areas is not far at all. We easily walk from Congress Park to The Springs area. We just prefer being closer to Disney Springs and having that view across Lake Buena Vista.
We also prefer Congress Park because of the shorter walk to Disney Springs. However, I routinely walk from Congress Park to the Carriage House to refill our mugs each morning, and bring fresh beverages back to DW. It doesn’t take long and she never complains about the temperature of her beverage being off because it took me so long.

Last edited:
There are absolutely parking lot views in the preferred section. We’ve had them twice now. We were assigned one again on our trip 2 months ago and as a result, will never book preferred again.

There are absolutely parking lot views in the preferred section. We’ve had them twice now. We were assigned one again on our trip 2 months ago and as a result, will never book preferred again.

And I think this is why its so important that people have a good understanding at SSR that preferred vs standard has nothing to do with views but location...unlike the other resorts in which they do!

We always do SV locations when we are there but that is because I love the Grandstand area and its quiet pool. Plus, its not too far from the main building or the High Springs Pool if we did have guests with us with little ones who might want to use the slide!

Matter of fact, SSR is the only place we put in requests!

Congress Park, including being closest to Disney Springs, has many rooms from which you can see out to the large lake and over to Disney Springs (although views can be partially blocked due to trees). Congress Park also has a nice walking path along that lake. With a 1BR, If you request Congress Park and want to avoid getting a parking lot view, then add to the request that you would like any 1BR whose last two numbers are 03, 25, or 45, as all 1BRs ending in those numbers face the lake. Also note, that if you request Springs, you might also put in the same request for 1BRs with last two numbers of 03, 25, and 45, as none of those 1BRs have a parking lot view.

And I think this is why its so important that people have a good understanding at SSR that preferred vs standard has nothing to do with views but location...unlike the other resorts in which they do!

We always do SV locations when we are there but that is because I love the Grandstand area and its quiet pool. Plus, its not too far from the main building or the High Springs Pool if we did have guests with us with little ones who might want to use the slide!

Matter of fact, SSR is the only place we put in requests!
Staying in a 2br standard next week and requested Paddock closest to the bus stop and pool. Should we consider something else?

OP - For preferred, we had a beautiful view of DS in May, but I could tell others might not be as lucky throughout the resort

Staying in a 2br standard next week and requested Paddock closest to the bus stop and pool. Should we consider something else?

OP - For preferred, we had a beautiful view of DS in May, but I could tell others might not be as lucky throughout the resort
Paddock is the most requested one and for anyone who wants to be near a feature pool and the QS that they have there, its a great choice.

That area is busier than Grandstand because of those features which is why we prefer to stay Grandstand. But, my DD and her boyfriend stayed there last October and enjoyed it!

Paddock is the most requested one...
Is it? Historically I feel like more people recommend The Grandstand since it's the first bus stop and short walk to the Carriage House + main pool.

We usually request "Paddock, close to Disney Springs." We've always been assigned to one of the two buildings situated between the Paddock pool and Disney Springs. Very easy walk to all of those areas. Further from the Carriage House, but we don't have much need to stop there regularly.

Is it? Historically I feel like more people recommend The Grandstand since it's the first bus stop and short walk to the Carriage House + main pool.

We usually request "Paddock, close to Disney Springs." We've always been assigned to one of the two buildings situated between the Paddock pool and Disney Springs. Very easy walk to all of those areas. Further from the Carriage House, but we don't have much need to stop there regularly.

Seems to me that it is from the boards, but maybe it is more equal between the two? What we know for sure is no one ever seems to request Carousel!!! LOL

Do you happen to know a room number range for your example? I have looked at the map twice just now and am having trouble on which buildings are between the pool and DS. I requested the 55-5800 series.

Seems to me that it is from the boards, but maybe it is more equal between the two? What we know for sure is no one ever seems to request Carousel!!! LOL
LOL - we requested Paddock and got Carousel! I was so bummed when we got the text and saw that our room was located there - 1 bedroom, room number 7203. But you know what? We loved the location. It was literally located across the street from the Carousel bus stop (the 2nd bus stop) and was about 3 minutes walk to the Paddock pool and Paddock bus stop. The bus would just pull out from the Carousel bus stop and then pull right back in again to the Paddock stop. We walked many times from our building to Disney Springs and back. Sometimes people fret over location but it can work out to be a truly magical experience.

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 17
Do you happen to know a room number range for your example? I have looked at the map twice just now and am having trouble on which buildings are between the pool and DS. I requested the 55-5800 series.
It's probably smarter to request building numbers, and not individual room numbers, or even tier numbers. 65-68 is closest to DS,

1690040300247.png

Wow, great specific info. Thanks.
Congress Park, including being closest to Disney Springs, has many rooms from which you can see out to the large lake and over to Disney Springs (although views can be partially blocked due to trees). Congress Park also has a nice walking path along that lake. With a 1BR, If you request Congress Park and want to avoid getting a parking lot view, then add to the request that you would like any 1BR whose last two numbers are 03, 25, or 45, as all 1BRs ending in those numbers face the lake. Also note, that if you request Springs, you might also put in the same request for 1BRs with last two numbers of 03, 25, and 45, as none of those 1BRs have a parking lot view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter