• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Springs location

goofy friend

Mouseketeer
What is the best Saratoga location in order to be close to the Disney Springs walkway? Thinking about booking late 2021. Do you know the bus stop for trips back to the parks.

Congress Park is considered Preferred category. Paddock can also be fairly close to DS and it is considered Standard category. SSR has multiple bus stops - Grandstand, Paddock, Congress Park and Springs.

Congress Park is considered Preferred category. Paddock can also be fairly close to DS and it is considered Standard category. SSR has multiple bus stops - Grandstand, Paddock, Congress Park and Springs.
Small correction: Grandstand, CAROUSEL, Paddock Congress Park and Springs

Congress Park is considered preferred and right next to the walkway to Disney Springs. We love the remodeled rooms!

Congress Park provides quickest walking access to Springs, followed by parts of Paddock (but other parts of Paddock can result in a very long walk). Congress Park is preferred point cost but comes with the added advantage of having many rooms with fantastic views looking across the lake to Disney Springs.

Moreover, if going in May, when many of the covid rules may still be in place, SSR has advantages over some other resorts. Its quick service restaurants are all open, although the main restaurant may still be closed, the golf course is open, and Disney Springs is basically all open, with restaurants having distancing rules.

Anybody get a chance to stay at the remodeled rooms yet? I think they are all done with in the Preferred rooms?
We just returned January 10th from a split stay where we stayed in a remodeled standard room in the Paddock area. The room was fantastic, I preferred it over AK Jambo by a ton. Now that is just considering the room only, not the resort as a whole. The room seemed large, loved the pull down bed over the couch pull out, and it was fresh and bright with many little features we enjoyed. The bridge to cross over to the main area was closed for refurb, not sure how long though. We walked to Congress often to use the 24 hour hot tub and pool and enjoy the views of Disney Springs. We were in 5501-5836 and the building next to us was shut down for refurb at that time.

We just returned January 10th from a split stay where we stayed in a remodeled standard room in the Paddock area. The room was fantastic, I preferred it over AK Jambo by a ton. Now that is just considering the room only, not the resort as a whole. The room seemed large, loved the pull down bed over the couch pull out, and it was fresh and bright with many little features we enjoyed. The bridge to cross over to the main area was closed for refurb, not sure how long though. We walked to Congress often to use the 24 hour hot tub and pool and enjoy the views of Disney Springs. We were in 5501-5836 and the building next to us was shut down for refurb at that time.

Nice! Any idea how comfortable the couch pullout is to sleep on? I have heard mixed reviews elsewhere.

No, sorry not at SS. However, all the pullout couches I have seen look about the same and after sleeping on one our first week at AK, I will never do it again. It was the worst ever, I'm bigger, 250 but my daughter is like 120 and even she felt every bar and spring.

Nice! Any idea how comfortable the couch pullout is to sleep on? I have heard mixed reviews elsewhere.
The pull down bed at SSR is the same mattress as on the stationary queen bed, very comfortable. It’s not a pullout couch. AKV still has the pullout couch, reportedly very uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter