Saratoga Springs or Copper Creek Christmass?

purplenancy27

Earning My Ears
I have a 4 night reservation in 1 Bdrm currently booked but am second guessing if i should try to change to SSR. The main reason is I did not realize there is no murphy bed at CCR. My son is going to complain about a fold out, and I know that is ridiculous. Should we just get a foam topper and call it a day or try to change? I think we got quite lucky getting CCR during the holidays. It is our first stay as DVC owners and I will be happy with either resort.

Though at other times of year, I would probably choose SSR (recently redone rooms with Murphy beds, ease to DS, golf), for Christmas season I would stick with CCV. The WL lobby, during Christmas season, is possibly the best decorated lobby of any at WDW. SSR does not have a real lobby to even decorate.

If your son is under 25 and fits on the pull out I would stay at CCR. He will be asleep in 5 minutes.

If you go to SSR he'll complain about how it is not near any parks.

I recommend you stay where YOU would like to stay. He'll be fine.

Thanks so much for the input. We are actually doing a spilt stay at PVB. The SSR nights were available when I looked but I waited to long. I had thought about waitlisting but will most likely keep it. It was amazing that I got CCR as it was only like 3 weeks ago.

Though at other times of year, I would probably choose SSR (recently redone rooms with Murphy beds, ease to DS, golf), for Christmas season I would stick with CCV. The WL lobby, during Christmas season, is possibly the best decorated lobby of any at WDW. SSR does not have a real lobby to even decorate.

I'm partial to Jambo House, but you're right. It's tit for tat between the two of'em.

If I could score a room at CC during Xmas holiday that would be my # 1 choice. Your kid will (hopefully) get over sleeping on a pullout. Agree if it’s any other time of the year would consider switching.

but am second guessing if i should try to change to SSR. The main reason is I did not realize there is no murphy bed at CCR.
Have you stayed at either resort in the past?

We own at WL :cloud9:

have only done studios @ CCR (not a fan due to room assignments). Studio pull out on ground floor was deemed ‘comfy’ by GD

but, we did have a spider infestation summer of ’21. lost count of the bites she woke up with, room fumigated while we were out for the day & all was fine. Don’t blame DVC, i point finger at the guests leaving first floor sliders open long enough for them to take hold. Least not fire ants. Still, she begged us not to book it for her 4th of July trip this year.

just not a fan of SSR in general, have stayed several times when the only room at the inn. You would be close the Xmas tree display in DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter