Saratoga springs question

mrs moon

Mouseketeer
I have booked 8 nights here through Disney, i am not a DVC Owner ,i paid cash will my room be cleaned daily & is the sofa bed really uncomfortable like people say?

My boys (13 & 8) share the sofa bed there all the time and have never complained - except about having to share a bed.

If you hang the "Resting" sign on the door (I can't remember exactly what it says, but similar to Do Not Disturb), they leave you a laundry basket full of supplies, and you can, in turn, leave your dirty towels and such in it afterward, and outside your room, and they'll take it away. When we had our room "cleaned", it wasn't like a full cleaning, either. They changed the used towels, made the beds, emptied the trash, and that was about it.

We didn't find the pull out too uncomfortable, but we'd asked at check in for them to put an eggcrate mattress on it, too, which I think helped.

If you hang the "Resting" sign on the door (I can't remember exactly what it says, but similar to Do Not Disturb), they leave you a laundry basket full of supplies, and you can, in turn, leave your dirty towels and such in it afterward, and outside your room, and they'll take it away. When we had our room "cleaned", it wasn't like a full cleaning, either. They changed the used towels, made the beds, emptied the trash, and that was about it.

We didn't find the pull out too uncomfortable, but we'd asked at check in for them to put an eggcrate mattress on it, too, which I think helped.
thank you for that..

The basket is for the Housekeeping staff to clean the room, not for guests to self clean the room. Full cleaning when it is every day doesn't include changing sheets every day, just every few days. DVC full cleaning (because it only comes every eight days) does change the sheets.

Sleeper sofas are not that comfortable unless you are a kid.

I have booked 8 nights here through Disney, i am not a DVC Owner ,i paid cash will my room be cleaned daily & is the sofa bed really uncomfortable like people say?

Our sofa was horrible—but they gave us a mattress topper that made it very comfortable. Don’t worry about asking for a topper—the housekeeping manager told us that they are very aware of how bad the sofa beds are. They’re just waiting for their turn for renovations.

It depends on who is sleeping on it. A child, teenager, young adult should have no problem. Middle aged and the elderly probably will have a problem.

We booked SSR straight through Disney in Oct.
It is cleaned every day. A cash booking right through Disney is just like a traditional hotel.
As to the sofa bed. They are worse than people say. If you are used to sleeping on a concrete floor I suppose they are slightly better. I've honestly never experienced anything remotely that bad. And I grew up with sofa beds in the 70's. DGD(9 at the time) and DD, 30 but 5' and 100 lbs (people give us 2 children menus when we go out to eat) both were miserable the entire time. We request egg crate mattress toppers from Housekeeping that helped somewhat. And in some twilight zone episode I called for a topper and they brought me one in a single/twin size. Mind you, these sofa beds are all queen size (or full, not sure right now, but not twin for sure). So I had to have her go back for a 2nd one. Why on earth they have them cut in to twin sizes when their sofa beds are full/queen is beyond me

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter