• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas??

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I don't hear much about these, but they really look like something my nature loving family might like to try. They look somewhat similar (but much larger than) the Fort Wilderness Cabins that we stayed in and loved many years ago. For those of you who've stayed there, how did you like them? If you have your own car, can you park right at your treehouse?

Officially, there is one parking space per treehouse with overflow parking at the Grandstand Section of SSR. Not all guests obey that. So it's possible that your neighbor may be taking more spaces than they should.

Officially, there is one parking space per treehouse with overflow parking at the Grandstand Section of SSR. Not all guests obey that. So it's possible that your neighbor may be taking more spaces than they should.
As long as they don’t try to use my parking space.

We stayed there a long week (including both weekends) a couple years ago as part of our quest to stay at each of the DVC resorts at least once. 4 adults, 1 pre-teen. We liked it. It was spread out and very peaceful (not being near the pool). There was plenty of space in the unit. Having a charcoal grill at each treehouse and having a table on the outside deck was great when we did dinner at the treehouse, which has been an increasing trend for a number of years now. Being able to park so close is nice, especially on the arrival/departure days.

On the negative side, the kitchen/living area was kind of dark. Even after maintenance replaced a couple of the bulbs that were burned out, it was still kind of dark. The master bedroom has a queen bed, as opposed to a king. And the bunk beds in the 3rd bedroom felt short, though I don't have an actual measurement to confirm that. I recall there was something really irritating about the master bath, but I can't remember what the specific issue was (I know, not all that helpful... but maybe somebody else had the same feeling and remembers :confused3).

Overall, we enjoyed it. It's not near the top of our favorites but I certainly wouldn't object to staying there again.

The THV have pro and cons. Depending on your assigned TH, you might have a pretty good walk to the main resort if you don't use the internal transportation. They are secluded and away from the chaos if that's what you want. Parking is never a problem. They say one vehicle per TH, but there are never more than half the spots taken when we have stayed. If you prefer to drive to the parks then they are a great option. Catching the bus at the Grandstand is a bit of a hassle. They are a great option if you need a third bedroom, but the bunks are for kids obviously. The location can be a pro or a con depending on what you are looking for in a resort.

We stayed there a long week (including both weekends) a couple years ago as part of our quest to stay at each of the DVC resorts at least once. 4 adults, 1 pre-teen. We liked it. It was spread out and very peaceful (not being near the pool). There was plenty of space in the unit. Having a charcoal grill at each treehouse and having a table on the outside deck was great when we did dinner at the treehouse, which has been an increasing trend for a number of years now. Being able to park so close is nice, especially on the arrival/departure days.

On the negative side, the kitchen/living area was kind of dark. Even after maintenance replaced a couple of the bulbs that were burned out, it was still kind of dark. The master bedroom has a queen bed, as opposed to a king. And the bunk beds in the 3rd bedroom felt short, though I don't have an actual measurement to confirm that. I recall there was something really irritating about the master bath, but I can't remember what the specific issue was (I know, not all that helpful... but maybe somebody else had the same feeling and remembers :confused3).

Overall, we enjoyed it. It's not near the top of our favorites but I certainly wouldn't object to staying there again.

You had me up until you said 'queen in the master bedroom.' Maybe one day, but no rush now lol :)

You had me up until you said 'queen in the master bedroom.' Maybe one day, but no rush now lol :)
Yes that is one the biggest flaws of the treehouses. For the point cost, it is a steal. No noisy hallways, or others above or next to you making loud noises at all hours.

I recall there was something really irritating about the master bath, but I can't remember what the specific issue was (I know, not all that helpful... but maybe somebody else had the same feeling and remembers :confused3).
I've looked at the floor plan, is it the lack of access from the common areas without traipsing through the master bedroom?

I've looked at the floor plan, is it the lack of access from the common areas without traipsing through the master bedroom?

I don't think that was it, but thank you. The kids could access the other bathroom from the hallway over by the other 2 bedrooms. Gosh... I wish I could remember what it was.

I don't think that was it, but thank you. The kids could access the other bathroom from the hallway over by the other 2 bedrooms. Gosh... I wish I could remember what it was.
The shower is in the middle of the bathroom and open to the tub? You have to walk through the shower to get to the tub. It isn’t a well thought layout.

Last edited:
We've stayed THV a 1/2 dozen times and absolutely love it. We are outdoor/camping type of folks so this option gives us the great outdoor feel. AND these are more affordable, points wise, than any other "cabin" in WDW for DVC members. I have two kids 13 and 15, sometimes my parents come as well. WE typically visit in January and May. Since we go to Disney so often, we don't feel the need to be in the crowds so this is a great low key option for us. There is a deck that you can sit out on (as long as it's not scorching hot!) and a grill as someone mentioned. We use it all! Parking has never been an issue for us but do prefer to be by the walking path near grandstand to make the walk easier for my parents.

Someone mentioned the master was a queen...I honestly never even noticed that!! Clearly that doesn't stop us from enjoying it.

Someone mentioned the master was a queen...I honestly never even noticed that!! Clearly that doesn't stop us from enjoying it.
We've slept in a Queen all our married life, so when we get a King it seems weird. Why waste the room space with all that mattress?

We've stayed THV a 1/2 dozen times and absolutely love it. We are outdoor/camping type of folks so this option gives us the great outdoor feel. AND these are more affordable, points wise, than any other "cabin" in WDW for DVC members. I have two kids 13 and 15, sometimes my parents come as well. WE typically visit in January and May. Since we go to Disney so often, we don't feel the need to be in the crowds so this is a great low key option for us. There is a deck that you can sit out on (as long as it's not scorching hot!) and a grill as someone mentioned. We use it all! Parking has never been an issue for us but do prefer to be by the walking path near grandstand to make the walk easier for my parents.

Thanks-that's exactly what I'd hoped to hear.

The shower is in the middle of the bathroom and open to the tub? You have to walk through the shower to get to the tub. It isn’t a well thought layout.
We love that the tub is in the wet shower area there as you can take a bubble bath and when the keys are going you don’t have to worry about the bubbles overflowing. We have so many pictures with the kids in that tub and the only thing you can see is their faces popping out of a mountain of bubbles. The floor doesn’t have a high ledge though from the shower door to the sink area is a little low and the water can leak out that way on the floor.

We loved the THV although one of our “neighbors” decided the SIDEWALK was his personal parking space! But to clarify, parking can be tricky, many nights we had to park a bit further than anticipated. I think many of the villas had more than the allotted allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter