Saratoga Springs

Mermaidtails1323

Mouseketeer
Just officially booked our next trip to Disney, and have decided on Saratoga Springs. We wanted at least a one-bedroom suite, as we'll be there a bit longer and will have 3 kids in tow.

I've done some reading on the resort, but can't find as much information as the others. We are planning on renting a car for the flexibility due to the size of the resort (and because we will be hauling our stroller for our youngest). We also liked the pool options for our older kids and the younger one.

Would love any feedback, good/bad, that people can share!

We do try to stay at a new hotel each time we go, so we are excited about the renovated spaced, which looks really nice. We will also likely do some cooking in our room, so the kitchen seemed like a good option too.

Thanks in advance!

Saratoga is our home resort and we stay there pretty much every time we go. We live in South Carolina so we drive there. We use our car to go to all the parks instead of using Disney transportation. A lot less frustration. Maybe use Disney busses to go to Magic Kingdom though because that brings you to the front of the park and A LOT less walking than parking. We also love that you can take the boat to Disney Springs. We drive over and park where the boat is. Much nicer than dealing with the parking garage. We recently stayed in a renovated room and it was gorgeous. Some of the quiet pools are a nice option too other than the main pool. The quick servce restaurant has nice options but not something you'll want to eat every day if you're there for a week or so. Also - considering the size of Saratoga, it's small. We feel we also get a better bang for our buck using our points at Saratoga. Have a great trip!

I’d totally stay here but would only do it if I have a car. Loved the non-themed pool we were next to. Grounds were peaceful and beautiful. One thing I’d didn’t care for was the QS food. Felt options were limited and it was a bit of a hike from our room (YMMV).

We just stayed in a 1 bd last month for a couple of nights. We are not rope dropping or coming back at midnight type of visitors but YMMV. We stayed standard due to late booking and ended up on the Paddock. Great pool/slide/hot tub. QS was on point and we had a blast. If you want Gideon cookies walk over to DS and get there at 9:30pm. Was a 5 min wait, hard to beat that. We also drove to parks we wanted to see and had a great time. Hope you enjoy your trip and have great memories.

Saratoga is our home resort and we stay there pretty much every time we go. We live in South Carolina so we drive there. We use our car to go to all the parks instead of using Disney transportation. A lot less frustration. Maybe use Disney busses to go to Magic Kingdom though because that brings you to the front of the park and A LOT less walking than parking. We also love that you can take the boat to Disney Springs. We drive over and park where the boat is. Much nicer than dealing with the parking garage. We recently stayed in a renovated room and it was gorgeous. Some of the quiet pools are a nice option too other than the main pool. The quick servce restaurant has nice options but not something you'll want to eat every day if you're there for a week or so. Also - considering the size of Saratoga, it's small. We feel we also get a better bang for our buck using our points at Saratoga. Have a great trip!
Great idea on driving over to the boat area to go to Disney Springs! I wouldn't never thought of it!

We love it and always have our vehicle. It is so easy to take the back roads and be at the parks/resorts quickly. It is much more relaxed than most resorts.
We never used to do a car when there was Magical Express. Now that they got rid of that and there is no longer a parking fee, just gives us a lot more flexibility with a 2.5 year old who doesn't have enough patience! A lot easier to deal with a screaming toddler in your car than on a crowded bus while trying to hold a stroller!

We just stayed in a 1 bd last month for a couple of nights. We are not rope dropping or coming back at midnight type of visitors but YMMV. We stayed standard due to late booking and ended up on the Paddock. Great pool/slide/hot tub. QS was on point and we had a blast. If you want Gideon cookies walk over to DS and get there at 9:30pm. Was a 5 min wait, hard to beat that. We also drove to parks we wanted to see and had a great time. Hope you enjoy your trip and have great memories.
Nice tip about Gideon's! My daughter has been begging to go back since our last trip. She might even get lucky and get the dark coffee cake since cookie since it's a lot easier to justify walking over there!

You might also get information from the DVC Resorts forum - https://www.disboards.com/threads/ssr-lovers-and-owners-part-3.3303265/

And here’s the SSR map - https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf

Did you book in the Preferred section (which means you’ll be in Congress Park or The Springs) or in the Standard section (Grandstand, Csrousel, or Paddock)?
Thanks for sharing! I was search for Saratoga Springs, which explains why I couldn’t find the main thread!

We went for Standard section. We realize we’ll be a little further, but we’re hoping for a little more quiet so our youngest has the opportunity to nap.

SSR is one of my favorite places! I like that you can park your car close to your room. The grounds are gorgeous! It is spread out but we like getting steps so that doesn’t bother us. Our favorite pools are in the Paddock and the main pool. Hope that you have a great time!

Thanks for sharing! I was search for Saratoga Springs, which explains why I couldn’t find the main thread!

We went for Standard section. We realize we’ll be a little further, but we’re hoping for a little more quiet so our youngest has the opportunity to nap.
All the buildings at SSR seem to be pretty quiet because it’s all so spread out. Many guests like the Grandstand section (which is Standard) because there’s a very nice pool plus it’s a short walk to the main complex with restaurants and feature pool. It’s also the first bus stop, not to mention nearest the SSR entrance if driving.

Saratoga is one of my home resorts….
we stayed there in Nov….

its nice, its quiet, it is relaxing ….
Thats what I want on vacation….

the buses , well you said you were renting a car ….. but lets just say they aren’t amazing….

we take buses to the parks but Lyft to dinner

we stayed at the paddock only used the paddock pool, it’s a little quieter

my oldest son would walk over to the springs for breakfast…. The rest of us just ate at the paddock…

my only real complaint about the resort is the spa has been closed since pre covid

I miss the spa

We love it there and don’t have a car. We do walk at home almost daily so don’t mind having to do so a bit while there. We’ve stayed in both Paddock and Congress Park, and found both super convenient. Buses were fine too. Pools are great and the rooms are amazing.

All the buildings at SSR seem to be pretty quiet because it’s all so spread out. Many guests like the Grandstand section (which is Standard) because there’s a very nice pool plus it’s a short walk to the main complex with restaurants and feature pool. It’s also the first bus stop, not to mention nearest the SSR entrance if driving.
I always request the grandstand section if we have a std room booked. Never a bus issue there, nice pool with a small bar/mug refill and the walk to the Carriage House is nothing. It has become our favorite!

We stay at SSR and BLT more than any other place. A nice thing about SSR is it is points cheap. For instance, a 2 bedroom standard view at SSR is less points than a 1 bedroom lake view at BLT. Of course BLT gets me an extra bathroom which is handy for older kid(s) coming along. But when we stay at SSR even with just one older kid, I'll get a 2 bedroom for the luxury of extra space and a second bathroom just because it's so cheap on points.

I like Paddock for standard view, because it has a cool feature pool and also still walkable to Disney Springs. During very busy periods, Grandstand is better because it's the first bus stop, so easier to find a seat or place for a scooter, but since you have a car it's not an issue for you (of maybe only for MK)

We've owned at SSR since 2006 and prefer the standard view sections over the preferred view sections. Our first choice that we request is the Paddock section then Grandstand is our 2nd choice. The Paddock section is the middle bus stop which means you're not on the bus as long either coming OR going. Grandstand is the first bus stop so easier to get a seat going but you're on the bus longer - bright side first off coming back. We also like the Paddock pool and there's a footbridge that goes over to the Springs section (main lobby, store, restaurants etc.). In case you haven't heard, the Turf Club (TS restaurant) is a hidden gem and I recommend going there for dinner one night.

I drive to Disney from about 3 hours away, so always have my car - but I prefer not to use it when at Disney - I like the convenience of letting the busses get me where I want to go, even if they sometimes can take a little longer.

For Saratoga, I prefer to stay at Congress Park section - admittedly things like pools don't matter to me - I live in Florida and have a pool at home, so it's not something I ever use when at Disney. For me, it's more about convenience to Disney Springs - Congress Park is the easiest and fastest walk over, and I love having all the restaurants and bars available any given night, no matter which parks I pick for the day - I can head over for drinks, food, or entertainment, and it's a quick walk back to my villa for the night. I can even use Disney Springs for takeout options - walk over and pick up food to go at many different restaurants, then walk it back to my villa to eat.

I was there this past weekend through Tuesday, at Congress Park with a view across the lake to Disney Springs. I typically am at Disney World every 3 months or so, sometimes less - and was also at Saratoga in early December...my home resort is Boardwalk, but on short notice trips, I often end up with either OKW or Saratoga options - and prefer Saratoga for the walkability (though I still enjoy OKW for the completely relaxed island feel).

Another perk for me is being able to walk over and use the Disney Springs busses to get to the theme parks, as well as taking busses back there at the end of the night when returning. The park busses can be slow, and can be crowded. A trick is to head to Springs and hop a resort bus for some of the parks - to get to Epcot, I'll take a Disney Springs bus to Beach Club and walk in to Epcot which is a more convenient place to enter through the Int'l Gateway. For MK, I can take the Disney Springs bus to Contemporary and walk over, or Wilderness Lodge and hop the boat over. Same for heading home - especially after something like the Epcot fireworks show when the park busses get packed. I can head out through the Intl Gateway to Beach Club, hop the bus to Disney Springs, then walk back to my villa in Saratoga, without having to wait in long lines for the 2nd or 3rd bus, standing room only, and visiting 4 stops in Saratoga to get to my section.

I just finished my first stay on my contract in a 1 bedroom this week. This place is massive, learned the hard way that we should have booked preferred. We were in the last building in Grandstand section which was perfect for our early mornings but rough for doing evenings/extended hours as buses were too full to take my ECV since they were bringing people back to the resort.
I def think using your own car will be best when traveling with kids. I have another trip booked for November and selected preferred but anticipate riding over to the Grandstand for AM pick ups to make sure the bus isn't full.

We loved all the space in 1 bedroom and having an in-room washer/dryer. It's cold so no pool time this trip for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter