Saturday Airfares?

chickie

DIS Veteran
I'm getting really frustrated with airfares! I know I won't be able to get the cheaper prices we've seen in the past, but I have a question.

What is up with Saturday fares? Every time SW has a Ding, they are only for weekdays! And, even on American, the cheaper flights are on Tues-Thurs.
Didn't Saturdays used to be the cheapest day to fly? I would think they would still be less travelled than weekdays. :confused3
I'm getting a little worried as we are travelling twice next spring!:headache:

Actually, I have always felt that Saturday was probably one of the heaviest travel days of the week, especially for leisure travelers. It makes sense to me that prices would be higher that day. Most business travelers head out on Monday, usually arrive home by Thursday, leaving Tues. & Wed. as lighter traveling days. Sundays are very busy with travelers headed home from wherever they traveled to...

I hear you on the airfare. I have had the worst luck trying to find decent prices out of Lambert. I have been looking for airfare around the podcast cruise and the cheapest I found was over 300.00. I can drive and get a hotel room on the way there and back for 500.00 so it looks like we are driving. Good luck I hope you find cheap airfare.

I hear ya, Becky! We may be following you down for the podcast cruise! Maybe we should get a caravan together for all the cruisers from the St. Louis area!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter