• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saturday/DC traffic

Hi,
We rolled through there on a Sunday around that time, and it went pretty smooth.

Have a great trip!:D

The traffic may depend on the construction situation. Before you leave, check the traffic page at washingtonpost.com to see if there is any scheduled construction on the route you plan to take.

Another thing to keep in mind: even a good traffic day on the Beltway can be nervewracking to someone who isn't used to it. You may not have to go slow, but there will still be plenty of cars packed onto the road, and the locals are *aggressive* about lane changes. It's worse if you are a courteous driver, because everyone on the road will see that you are the only chance they have to change lanes, and will cut you off repeatedly.

Not to scare you, but if you have kids you might want to prepare them to be still for that short period of time so you can concentrate on the road.

Ditto the construction. Major, major construction is going on at Springfield where I-95 goes off south from the beltway. I've had problems at all times coming in from the west to take 95 south. Don't really know how it affects southbound traffic coming in from the east. I'd say be prepared for anything, if it's clear than you won on that trip.

Even at that, I agree it is always busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter