Saturday Night's "Unsung" Heros

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
Like many, I thoroughly enjoyed "watching" WO hunt for Pete. I congratulate WO on his success.

Without diminishing the podcast team's considerable role, I wanted to say that I was mightily impressed with how the website handled the traffic. There had to have been quite a few of us hitting refresh "every two seconds" as one poster said and probably more often than that. That can put quite a demand on a webserver(s) and an internet pipeline. Yet, not once during the whole evening was there any visible (to me) problem or even a slow down with the site.

So, to our wonderful webmasters and everone else who made this possible, THANK YOU!

Excellent point! I totally agree. I know I was so surprised how quickly I was able to refresh, many, many, many times and how easily I was able to keep up with WO's search Saturday night! It was awesome and made the whole thing so much more fun! Thanks so much to the wonderful WebMasters! :thumbsup2

My thanks to the Webmasters as well. Saturday's hunt was better than a video game. :thanks:

:disrocks:

I am impressed! Even if I do not understand what the techies do or how they do it...I know that all was smooth. Thank you.

I have a dirty little secret....I don't own an Ipod or know how to download a pod cast....but I can hit the "listen now" button and enjoy old and new podcasts as I work at my desk.

Non tech people like me really appreciate how easy y'all make it to share in the Dis Magic.

:wizard:

Without diminishing the podcast team's considerable role, I wanted to say that I was mightily impressed with how the website handled the traffic.

So, to our wonderful webmasters and everone else who made this possible, THANK YOU!
My DH works with computer servers - I know he'd want me to join in thanking all who kept everything running smoothly Saturday night!
:thanks:

Definitely! Pete your page views must have shot through the roof!

Can't pass up an opportunity to give the IS guys a pat on the back! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Being an IS gal myself, i know how infrequently it happens. Now problems, we hear A LOT about problems :)

Excellent job gang!
Daneen

I wasn't here Sat night (stupid conference!) but you do a fab job anyway so well done! :thumbsup2

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I LOVE our webbies!! Thank you so much!! Saturday was a lot of fun!! I know I was refreshing and posting like crazy!!!

Yes, thank you guys! It was a fun night reading up on everything. Almost as hard on the eyes as the virtual party. ;)

We had a blast!!!! Thanks for all your hard work WebMasters!!!:worship:

DH and I enjoyed the Saturday night Oscar Watch! popcorn:: :surfweb:

Cudos to the webmasters! :worship: :worship: :worship: You're awesome! :cool1:

Can't pass up an opportunity to give the IS guys a pat on the back! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Being an IS gal myself, i know how infrequently it happens. Now problems, we hear A LOT about problems :)

Excellent job gang!
Daneen

What's the line they feed us IT people?.... They less they hear from us, the better? Of course, I like to think of it the other way around.... LOL ;)

Citrix, VMWare, Cisco switch, Load balancer, NAS, LAN, WAN, oh, and my favorite, LAPI Loader! These are a few of my faaaaavorite things....LOL (Okay, it's late and I'm punchy ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter